.5. Fool

Empty Spaces

’ What’s that supposed to mean, Rin? ‘’

‘’ Well, I have never felt this way before, I hang out with guys but with him it’s just not the same. I know that being a trainee and everything just drowns out our time so I want to spend the few days we have with...him ‘’ She looked at the ground trying to find the right words to say ‘’ I am not sure he feels the same way, but I don’t know, I just want to be with him like all the time.  I am not saying we should stick to them every day, but I dunno, maybe a group date or something could be fun...''

The girls stayed quiet at her sudden confession and girlyness  ‘’ I just want to experience this properly ‘’

Bom was the first to answer, a big laugh following her cute statement ‘’ If it makes you happy … ‘’

But truth be told, she wasn’t so confident about the whole thing. Those guys were older and seemed really dangerous. She didn’t understand how someone as shady as Ji Yong could be the crush of her friend, but she felt like she needed to be careful around him. Last thing she needed was for her friends to get hurt because of them

‘’ Thanks Bommie, how about I treat you with corn ice cream? ‘’

Suddenly Bom forgot all those troubles as she followed her friend towards the ice cream parlor

 

 

 

Bom and her friends walked to the entrance of her school, looking relaxed but not ignoring the weird stares some of the girls were giving them.  They weren’t the most popular girls at their school, but they were known for being praised for their musical aptitudes and for entering the trainee program of YG. Of course with their new gained fame they acquired followers, mostly people who feigned to be friends or admirers to gain popularity, and haters, who often criticized them just because they didn't think they had what it takes to be part of YG. 

It didn't matter when they got into school that morning since everyone was talking about them, specifically about the night they were at Kubick, the V.I.P tickets and the fact that a few girl had seen Bom with, famous and hot underground fighter,T.O.P's attire

The girls remained silent and continued with their lives as if nothing had happened. The least they wanted was to be involved in even worst rumors by talking too much or without thinking. 

'' Are you Park Bom? '' A girl suddenly interrupted the conversation Bom was having with Minzy. She nodded in confusion, she had seen that girl somewhere before

'' Is it true you went to see T.O.P ? ''  

'' No '' She said as if it wasn't an enormous lie. Sometimes she wondered how she could lie without even flinching, then again it wasn't as if she was faking cancer, it was a simple white lie.

'' Omo, don't lie to me. You think you are the first girl who has tried to get into his sheets ? '' 

Bom looked outraged  '' YAH, WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? '' 

'' Well yeah, ain't it obvious? Sweet and gentle Bom saw T.O.P and thought he was so hot she wouldn't mind being one of his dirty toys ''  She and her group of friends laughed at unison '' He threw you away didn't he? He belongs to all of us, not to some dirty like you. Maybe he was just pitying you ? You're pathetic, how could someone like you be good enough for him?... '' 

Bom stood up, faced the girl who was still laughing and slapped her hard in the face. 

The girl opened like a fish, but her shocked expression was quickly replaced by anger as she grabbed Bom's hair and pulled it until her head was almost on the ground, Bom kicking everywhere trying to hit her. Minzy was helping Bom by trying to let the girl go of her hair while ChaeRin fought with a friend of the girl and Dara swiftly moved herself so that she was now pulling the girl's long hair.                                            When Bom got out of her handle she punched the girl straight in the face, the way she saw T.O.P do.  The girl fell back but quickly one of her friends took her position and slammed Bom's face against her own table. Things were getting messy. Bom was hitting the girl viciously. She didn't want to but she couldn't control herself, she was so mad because of the many awful words that were being said about her. She felt something sickly and ugly as she couldn't stop.

Suddenly the shrill voice of the head mistress was heard, interrupting the mess of students that were fighting each other in awkward positions.

'' NOW WHAT IS GOING ON  IN HERE ''

Everyone stood silent

'' This girls were taunting us and then they attacked us out of nowhere '' the girl who started fighting Bom said, with a bloody face and a swollen eye. 

'' You think she's going to believe so much bull?  '' Dara said pissed 

All the girls started yelling to each other making a mess all over again

'' ENOUGH. EVERYONE TO MY OFFICE NOW  !'' 

 

 

'' This is unacceptable for ladies of a highly acclaimed school to be fighting like barbarians '' 

'' I told you Ms.Geum Ja that we weren't the ones who started, we have a perfect behavior, why would we do something like that? '' 

'' So what? we have an almost perfect behavior too '' Minzy interrupted as she wiped her bloody upper lip

'' Stop. We aren't here to discuss who is better at what. Both of you are responsible of your acts so you will ALL be punished '' 

The room filled with groans. There were almost 10 girls, all bruised and some even bleeding, Bom obviously was one of them.

'' I think what would fit this kind of situation is a suspension for a week. I would contact your parents as soon as possible to notify them and we will be seeing each other on Monday of next week. The ones who need to clean your injuries go to the infirmary and the others are free to go now. '' 

All the students got up and made a line to go out.

'' I hope you can reflect on your actions this week '' 

 

 

'' This is bull '' 

'' I hope you learn how to stop acting like Neanderthals ''  A whinny voice said

'' And i hope you shut up and hold that god damn ice pack in silence if you don't want to get your other eye bruised '' ChaeRin shot back 

The girls went to the entrance of school ready to go home

'' Hey Bom, don't you want to get that lip disinfected ? ''  Dara asked worried

'' No, I just want to get home quickly and apologize to my mom. If she sees me hurt i bet she will have a little mercy. The only thing that worries me is that my dad will surely find out this time '' 

'' All because of that dirty whor- '' 

'' It's okay. Have you seen them? they will sure remember not to mess with us for a couple of months ''

'' It's still not fair, they beat you up and you are about to get you even more beaten up by your father, you don't deserve that over some stupid   rumors '' 

'' That's how life works. Now, i have never seen you so mad Dara '' Bom said distracting the attention from her

'' Well, i was already grounded and now that i got freaking suspended my parents won't let me see the light again. My life is a ing tragedy '' 

 

As they were walking down the road a loud voice was heard

'' IT'S HER!. THAT'S THE LITTLE WHO MESSED WITH US '' 

They turned around to find the group of delinquents from the club, all with bruised faces. They were getting near them with bats in their hands and a pissed face. One of them pointed his bat towards ChaeRin direction.

'' Well well, it wasn't that hard to find this . What are you? JiYong's ? '' he said with a twisted grin.

ChaeRin looked at the girls with a panicked face, and silently motioned them to start running at the count of 3. Slowly with her fingers behind her back she started counting and when her fingers got to three, all of them scattered around the neighborhood running for their lives.

Bom ran with all her might, looking for a place safe enough to hide. While she was running she saw some guys following her, while others followed her other friends. When she spotted a near alley she hid behind some garbage cans.

Time went by while she was hiding and Bom got bored so she decided to text Chaerin who was surely having a worst time and might have needed her help

 

From: LADY SPRING

To: BABY RIN 

HEY ARE YOU OKAY? WHERE ARE YOU? DO YOU NEED HELP? Remember to stay hidden, they will get tired of looking for us after some time 

 

From: BABY RIN 

To: LADY SPRING 

I am okay Bommie don't worry. I called G, and he said he is near ♥. So hope for the best cause help is on the way~

 

I re-read the message, placing a kind of relieved face. More relaxed, thinking about how the boys would fight them and i would finally get home, i stood still in my hiding point until i saw something i liked. It was a food stall that was selling corn. Did i mention i loved corn ? 

Slowly i got up. It had passed 10 minutes and nobody came so i guessed danger was over. I got near the stall and ordered some grilled corn on a stick. It looked soo yummy. 

'' Thank you ajummah '' 

I was eating it calmly when some guys came over. The same guys as before. I made them a pained face

'' Oh, look who we found. Seems like the fat pig got hungry '' They said with disgust in their voices. ouch.

One of them grabbed me by the wrist, dragging me along the street, while bystanders stared, without doing anything.

'' Let go, i am gonna drop my corn '' i whined. i  knew it wasn't the best time to say that, but i couldn't help feeling bad about it.

The guys, annoyed, dragged me harder, making my corn fall to the ground

'' YAH, there are people starving in the streets who would have wanted that '' i said. One  very pissed man was about to hit me with his bat. I closed my eyes, preparing for the blow. But before it did, a strong hand held it and blocked it from my face.

'' I wouldn't do that if i were you '' Seung Hyung said with a menacing tone but an amused face. They looked at him in surprise, before he twisted their hands and grabbed their bats '' Beating high school girls now ? Do you want to get beaten like last time ? '' He said rising a perfectly shaped eyebrow

The guys looked at each other, at each others wounds and decided that that wasn't a clever choice and hurriedly left, not looking back.

 

 

'' DO YOU THINK WITH YOUR STOMACH? DO YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS THAT WAS? '' 

Bom looked at the corn stick on the floor with melancholy ‘’ My precious…’’

The boy groaned ‘’ You’re so creepy sometimes ‘’ He looked at her and sighted ‘’ Do you want me to buy you another? ‘’

Her face instantly lighted up ‘’Really? ‘’

‘’ Don’t move, would ya? ‘’

She stood in the end of the street, watching him as he would sometimes steal glances at her and sight like an old ajhusshi . For being twenty-four he sure was bitter, she thought.

Just as he was leaving, the old woman told him something which made his ears red and  his eyes look at the ground with panic.

‘’ What did she say? ‘’ She asked, a bit amused by his extreme reaction

‘’ Nothing, a stupid thing ‘’

‘’ What? Come on, come on , come on, com-‘’

‘’ God you are so annoying ‘’ He snapped ‘’ She said we look cute together ‘’ He whispered

‘’ Oh…’’

‘’ It’s ridiculous, I mean , I could be your father! ‘’

‘’ Yeah… don’t you think you are a bit extreme? It’s only a five year old gap ‘’

‘’ Extreme?! ‘’ He over reacted yet again ‘’ Bom do you remember the Olympics of ’92? ‘’

‘’ I wasn’t born ‘’

‘’ Exactly…’’ He smirked 

 

 

Something was off, and he could notice it. Grabbing her face, his finger lingered on her lips. And  of course, her face couldn’t help but shine with a bright red glim. biology, she thought.

‘’ You look like crap ‘’ He repeated the words she had wisely said the night they had met.

‘’ Cause you haven’t seen the others ‘’ she quietly answered, trying to get away from his judging touch

‘’ Did those bastards hurt you? ‘’

‘’ Wha- No, No it wasn’t them, don’t worry ‘’

‘’ Bom, who the busted your lip? ‘’

‘’… I got into a fight ‘’ She said, looking anywhere but him ‘’ I won though ‘’

‘’ What are you, a delinquent now? ‘’

‘’ A delinquent nagging to another, you’re weird ‘’

‘’ Don’t get me wrong, it’s kind of hot ‘’

‘’ Yeah, well we kinda fought over you, so go figure…’’

A smirk appeared on his features, suddenly his posture screamed cockiness ‘’ Did ya? ‘’

‘’ Yeah they said I was a because they thought I had slept with you ‘’

‘’ Oh ‘’ His ego suddenly deflated ‘’ That’s gross, you’re like an elementary school girl ‘’

‘’ Its only five years! ‘’ She yelled, he totally didn’t get the point

‘’ Anyways, you should have told me, I would have shut them up right then ‘’

‘’ Aw, are you in love with me? ‘’

Bom as if he was her junior, but far from feeling disrespected, Seung Hyun actually felt entertained. No girl had ever dared to make fun of him or get so comfortable with him if it wasn’t to sleep with him afterwards.

‘’ You grew on me ‘’ 

 

 

They were walking side by side, arms bumping into each other as their eyes searched the streets for their friends.

Seung Hyun’s hand itched next to her, not that he was ever going to admit it.

While they were walking on a busy street, they noticed group of people making a circle around something, specifically someone. Somehow, they both knew it was their call.

As they forcefully made their way towards they got a better view of the scene, A bleeding Minzy was being held in Chae Rin’s arms, while Dara was screaming for someone to call an ambulance, although the girl that was painfully lying on the floor pleaded to do otherwise.  Ji Yong was screaming something into his phone, his face as grim as ever.

‘’ NO, you bring him into the apartment, yes, yeah ‘’ He looked at T.O.P ‘’ He’s here, yeah, bye ‘’

He instinctively went to his side, Ji Yong then went to talk with him on a corner

‘’ What the hell happened? ‘’ Bom asked getting near the girls but still watching the boys on the side of the street

‘’ She didn’t answer where I was so they beat her ‘’ Rin answered ‘’ This is all my fault, I am such a love struck idiot, I am so sorry Minz ‘’

‘’ It isn’t your fault unnie ‘’

‘’ What are we gonna do? ‘’

‘’ I don’t know, I told her I would call an ambulance but she doesn’t want to trouble her parents ‘’

‘’ Minz come on…’’

Minzy shook her head. Her family couldn’t afford to worry about her when they needed to focus on their small business, much less have to ask someone to stay and take care of her

‘’ Well then lets take her to Bom’s house ‘’ Dara announced, putting her leadership to work

‘’ Okay, but I don’t think she can walk much ‘’

‘’ We will carry her ‘’ Ji Yong and Seung Hyun appeared. They both had serious faces, not really speaking to one another

 ‘’ Great, Bom could you go to your house and prepare everything? It’s better if we don’t make her wait ‘’

‘’ Sure, I will just go running ‘’ The girl said, not knowing that after ten minutes of running she would end up with her hands on her knees, trying hard to regain her composture.

 

 

Trying to calm herself down, she ignored the voice that was calling her name. After the voice got nearer and nearer her, she finally looked up, just to meet his intense gaze.

He, who was staring at her intently as he always did, was her neighbor, Choi Si Won. He was three years older and filthy rich. As soon as he had graduated he scored an important position in the company of his father, only until he graduated from a prestigious university and could take over the job of his dad as a CEO.

He had walked the path his dad had set up for him, whether he was happy or not didn’t matter to him anymore, although he would sometimes wonder about it while he drove his Lamborghini to his luxurious home.

The boy wasn’t sure of many things, except one thing he had had clear since he was a teenager: he was in love. He knew he was in love, and the object of his affection also knew.

Yes, Bom had known for a long time now; maybe that’s why she felt so awkward when he was near her. The way he would be gravitating around her whenever he came to dine or how his hands where always trying to touch her set her on uneasiness as for she didn’t reciprocate his feelings.

‘’ In a rush ? ‘’ He asked with his characteristic smile

A small smile appeared on her face, which made the boy content

‘’ I am h-helping a fr-friend ‘’ She muttered trying to catch her stubborn breath

‘’ Is something wrong? Do you need help? ‘’

He was sweet, maybe a little creepy for a neighbor, but he was always concerned about Bom. She shook her head, pieces of hair falling in front her face.

‘’ Alright, good… ‘’  An awkward silence tensed the air, and just when Bom was about to excuse herself he spoke again  ‘’ Right! I need to tell you something Bommie ‘’

She looked around. Minzy would be there in any second and she had to arrange everything so they could treat her right away.

‘’ I don’t think I can right now, my friend is about to come...’’

‘’ It’s about something your mom told me ‘’

The ears of Bom perked up as she heard the mention of her mom. Minzy could wait a few seconds.

Knowing he had her attention he spoke again ‘’ She told me about something about sneaking you in ‘’ He said furring his eyebrows ‘’ And how I should stop so you could own up to your mistakes or something ‘’

Embarrassment leaked out of her face as she tried to explain ‘’ I am so sorry, I just didn’t know what to say an- ‘’

‘’ Its okay ‘’  He cut her off, putting a hand on her shoulder , making her uncomfortable ‘’ If you have a problem you can always come to me, I just wished you would have told me sooner because today I barely convinced her ‘’ He laughed, making Bom  smile

He wasn’t a bad man   

‘’ Thanks, I will make sure I never get you into trouble again ‘’

'' Are we interrupting something ? ''  T.O.P suddenly said  while holding Minzy and standing with the others