.1. Turn it up

Empty Spaces

The music of the club could be heard from blocks away. The stomach of Bom made annoying flips as the cab got near the entrance that was full of overly dressed people waiting to be let in.

She was with her friends who, after a lot of exhausting persuasion, finally dragged her to this club in Hongdae.

Dara had always been crazy about boys and when she saw a junior with an older, very good looking boyfriend she had met at a bar, she felt completely disgraced and needed to prove she could do the same. 

Bom wasn’t  fond of clubs since the only thing people did was grind into each other, not even dancing since there usually wasn’t much space. She was never particulary interested in boys, at what she considered ' young age' she only pursued one goal: becoming a successful singer; the kind that filled big stadiums and appeared on  T.V.

Last summer she and her friends were admitted as trainees at YG entertaintment.  Bom was overflowing with pride and excitement, but that didn’t last long. Her life became practicing, more practicing and a sequence of  tiring schedules that left little time to have actual fun. Of course she accepted her fate since being a little tired wasn’t going to get in the way of her dreams.

Looks:

b16.jpg QpLO9o8.jpg68656969.jpg131126-StarNaver-BTS-for-Missing-You-Ink

 Kubick didn’t allow underage, so for Bom it was really stressful the plan Chae Rin made of dressing up nicely to look older and the whole ‘ This really close friend of mine is going to let us in ‘.  The girls didn’t seem particularly concerned about this so she tried her best not to seem so either. Of course she and her friends weren't bad kids, so they weren't going to do anything  like getting drunk or high...maybe hooking up, but Bom had the feeling she wasn't included in those plans 

They were linking arms as they made their way towards the big black building that had a red arch at the entrance and was fancily illuminated.

Chae Rin went over to the front door, completely ignoring the queue of people with a look of superiority. Bom would have scolded whoever acted like that, but since she knew Rin was actually a sweet heart, she decided to let it go.  

'' YAH! what's the problem ?  i am Chaerin, C-H-A-E  R-I-N, let me in! ''  She yelled after the guard denied her entrance, her face that was full of pride slowly sinking. 

The people that were lining up snarled at them, the confidence that surronded the girls was sweped off by the muscular guy who resembled more a wall than a human being.

'' Oh god, i knew this would happen ''

 

''  Rin, what do we do now ? ''

 

'' They are gonna let us in. YOU are gonna let me in '' She yelled again while pointing at the chest of the guard who looked unfazed

 

'' Minzy don't curse '' 

 

 Their voices kept overlapping each other, making a mess of screams and commotion.

 

'' Hey man, let them in, they are with me '' A cheerful voice that came from inside the building said.  

 

Chaerin smiled with a knowing face, while Dara high fived Minzy and struck her tongue out at the guard, who still looked unfazed. 

 

'' JiYong, Thank you my prince '' Rin said in a flirty way.

 

A guy with dyed blonde hair and a lot of tattoos smiled brightly, squeezing her into a choking hug. 

'' Anything for you and your girls,  princess '' 

 

Bom raised her eyebrows at the scene. Last time she checked Chae Rin was still single and quite proud of it. She said she was tired of the whole '' girlfriend-boyfriend bull ''  and stated she didn't need a man to be happy, an opinion Dara didn't share. 

After giggling like an idiot  for what seemed like a lifetime, she pulled away '' This is G Dragon, awesome song writer '' She introduced with a proud smile

'' I think you forgot to mention how dreamy i am and that i am the best friend in the world '' He added

She simply grinned '' Yeah also that '' 

'' I thought we were your best friends '' Minzy pouted 

'' Of course you are, he is my best male friend. Although he sometimes acts like a girl friend '' 

G dragon pushed her lightly while Bom silently thought how ridiculous his nickname was. She squinted the place for a bit, noticing how packed it was. People were grinding against each other not because the liked but because there literally wasn't enough space. Girls with skimpy outfits danced on a big platform that was in the middle of the club, while guys ogled at them and some even tried to take them down so they could 'chat'. Far from being angry or jealous at them, Bom actually felt uncomfortable, she thought no woman should be treated like a piece of furniture. 

When she turned around she noticed Rin and that weird guy were gone. 

'' They say they would go to 'catch up' '' Dara smiled wiggling her eyebrows

'' Is that how they call it these days? '' Bom joked over the loud speakers. 

They danced as though it was the last day of their lives and laughed their asses off at how ridiculous some drunk people were.  One guy took off his clothes while standing in the counter of the bar and suddenly jumped into a trash can while screaming '' Let's free Willy '', Bom suspected alcohol wasn't the only thing he had consumed that evening.  He fell face flat to the floor and his nose started bleeding profusely all while the security kicked him out into the cold streets of Seoul. He stated it was worth it though. Going there wasn't such a bad idea, seeing how she was enjoying herself with her friends. Soon Rin came back and the four of them danced the night away, releasing all the stress they were feeling after a torturous practice. 

As Bom was dancing a boy came behind her and gripped her hips. She turned around to see a man, much older than her, looking at her legs hungrily. She tried to get away but he only kept digging his fingers more painfully into her skin, pulling her closer. She was sure that was going to leave ugly bruises.  With a rough movement she detached his hands off her hips, but in the process she stumbled back, hitting a group of girls that were inches away from her. 

Smiling proudly at the boy as he fell into his back, she didn't realize she had spilled the bright blue drink the girl behind her was  holding. When she turned around she met a pair of angry eyes that were looking at her accusingly while saying all types of mean stuff.  Thankfully Bom couldn't hear much because the music was so loud so she stood still looking at her in complete confusion. After a good time looking at the girl in front of her she realized she had seen her around school, but before she could say anything the girl disappeared, glaring at Bom like she was a genocide of stuffed animals. 

'' Damn, this place sure is packed. I think i even saw a girl from school '' Bom screamed

'' Yeah, i know. Did you see the Free Willy guy? '' 

Dara started laughing frenetically remembering the scene. Just then G Dragon walked past them and waved at Chae Rin

'' See you downstairs, enjoy the fight, don't get into trouble '' 

Bom looked suspiciously at Rin, looking for any signs of culpability. 

'' What was that about? '' 

'' Yeah, what's all that about? '' Minzy added only  that on the contrary of Bom, her voice was showing excitement 

'' Well, you know, maybe i...sort of forgot to tell you that... tonight is cage fight night, that's why it's so full '' Rin told them in a really soft voice and with a nervous smile