.12. Red string of fate

Empty Spaces

 

When Bom got home she stood face to face with a really pissed off version of her mom, which made her shiver like a little girl. She wasn't a spoiled brat but after the kind of father she had, she was lucky her mom wasn't very aggressive, but when she did get mad, god bless your soul. 

'' Where the hell do you come from so late, Park Bom? '' 

And although it was a serious situation, she was starting to question her own health because it made her laugh how ridiculous her mom was; using her full name, showing off her motherly authority, getting mad when she finally was having some fun, while she and her dad were the reason why her mental health and social life was slowly crumbling

'' Not your business ''   Bom mentally high fived herself at how badass she sounded 

'' EXCUSE ME? Come here right now Bom '' 

'' What mom? i know you actually enjoy that retarded abusive husband you have, but i actually don't. So stop ing whenever i am trying to get away from it. Excuse me while i try to forget you two are my parents '' 

Mi Kyung froze on her spot while Bom continued walking into her room

'' How do you dare to speak to your mother like that, you brat ? ''  Her dad said from behind her, his face red with anger. 

 The words Seung Hyung had told her resonated on her mind, numbing any other type of sound; was she really going to to wait until he killed her?

Gaining a huge amount of courage she decided to speak  '' And what are you gonna do dad ? Beat me up again? '' 

'' I think that's the only way a like you can learn ''

He got painfully close, she swore he could smell her fear leaking of her pores as he got nearer and nearer her face. He raised his arm, ready to deliver the final slap that would finally shut her up, but before she could even control herself she was pushing it off, a cold glare piercing her father's eyes.

'' You dare to touch me again, and i swear to god i will call the police; my two broken ribs are a great proof of the massive you are. You won't ever see either of our faces or your precious money again '' She spoke, trying not to show how scared she truly was.

He was silent for a while, staring at her with disbelief  '' Yeah that's what i thought. Not so manly now ''

'' You stupid , next time you won't be so lucky to just get two broken '' He muttered while he went back to watch T.V

 

Bom quietly went to her room, staring at nowhere in particular, dazed with what she had just done. It took some guts to confront her father like that and she wondered where the did those came from. The only thing she knew was how utterly amazing she felt afterwards, her heart swelling with an unknown pride. Hugging Choco tightly, she went to sleep, the happiest she had ever been in months.

 

 

 

 

The next day Bom was walking towards school with her headphones on when she felt a hand pulling her wrist lightly. She turned around, surprised to find Minzy

'' Hey '' She awkwardly said, positioning her arms back to her sides

They stood in silence for what seemed like forever before Minzy spoke again

'' We saw you with T.O.P, yesterday ''

'' Yeah...we are sort of friends now '' 

'' You two look nice together ''  

 

Truth was Bom didn't know what to think about that. She had never received so much attention from a boy, it was an understatement that she wasn't really used to having him on her life. No man had ever interested in her, not as a boyfriend, not as a friend, hell, not even her dad liked her.  And yeah, SeungHyun was nice, and she did find him very attractive, but come on, he was this man she had just met, five years older and on sketchy businesses, she couldn't afford to get in trouble just for a boy.

 

'' We are  just friends '' 

'' I sometimes think he looks at you like he wants something more ''  Minzy said smiling like an idiot. Suddenly Bom didn't like her much. 

'' Maybe we should start searching for a boyfriend for you '' She joked, trying to get past the first awkwardness  

'' I am sorry'' The younger girl suddenly blurted out  '' for this past few days i mean. I wanted to speak to you but you know how prideful Rin is '' 

'' It's okay, i guess. I think we were all pretty emotional '' 

Minzy sighted  '' You should make up with her, she really wants to, you know?  It's just her ego getting between the two of you ''

Bom stayed silent, not really wanting to give in so easily 

 '' Come on Bom. We have been friends for what ? 10 years? I think with a simple sorry she will understand '' 

When they got into school, they immediately spotted ChaeRin, who was looking at them with an unreadable expression. Slowly getting near her, Bom could feel the pressure the look of ChaeRin was giving her

'' I think we need to talk '' She said after a while. Bom followed her to a bench that was before the entrance of the school

'' ...i am sorry '' She said looking into her eyes. Bom was caught off guard, as she wasn't used to an apologetic Rin

'' I didn't mean to be harsh with my words, i guess my angry side took the best of me, i didn't mean to hurt you. I just want the best for you Bommie ''

'' I know, we were both a little emotional over it '' 

'' You know i love you to bits, i just want you to stop suffering...'' Rin looked into her eyes for the first time in a week, trying to show how sincere she was about that  ''...but that doesn't mean i am going to force you to decide anything. I will respect whatever decision you take on the matter ''

Bom hugged her, her eyes getting teary and hating herself for being such a girl

'' Actually, last night i kinda stood up for myself '' 

Rin face lighted up like a Christmas tree. She would respect her decisions, but she had always supported one particular choice. 

'' I told him i was going to turn him up to the police, and he was going to end up with nothing. His face was priceless and he shut the up '' 

'' I am so proud of you Bom '' 

When Dara spotted her she couldn't help but smile  '' Glad someone is back ''  

'' How long do you think i could live without you all ? ''  Bom threw the corniest phrase she could think of. They hugged, cause that was what girls like them did until Rin came with a mischievous grin

'' Ladies, i have a proposition for all of you ''

The girls groaned cause they knew, none of ChaeRin ''plans'' ever ended up nicely

'' I won't dress up as a man again '' Minzy whinnied 

'' It's not that Minz '' ChaeRin rolled her eyes '' Remember what i said, about wanting to hang out with Ji Yong more? '' 

She then stayed quiet, waiting for them to get excited or show any sings of emotion which obviously didn't come 

'' He got us tickets for the amusement park '' She smiled like a dork

'' Oh wow, isn't he such a generous man? '' Bom smiled at her girlyness. There weren't many times where you could see Chae Rin acting like an actual teen age girl, seeing her like that was pretty amusing actually.

'' Totally, how much favors has he done already for you? '' 

'' Yeah...but he does it like a friend, not like he is actually interested '' 

'' And how would you know? '' 

'' In the summer i would sometimes come with him to bars and stuff, just to talk nothing else. He would always ditch me for another girl, and believe me, he is so readable when he is interested in someone '' She mentioned with a sad smile '' This are just the things he does for his friends and stuff. He is really kind, nothing else '' 

Bom rolled my eyes at her statement, remembering the '' fair deal '' he and his dad did with Seung Hyun. It was a well thought hustle one that only drained T.O.P and took his money. 

 

She smiled '' Anyways, i think my awesome friends should come with me '' 

'' Aren't we kind of ruining your date that way? ''

'' No. This proves exactly my point; he didn't invite me alone, he also invited TaeYang, Seungri and DaeSung. He just thinks of me like one of the boys '' 

Disappointment filled her mind realizing Seung Hyun wasn't on the list, only to be replaced by confusion. 

'' Don't worry, as your friends we should commit to the task of distracting the boys so you two can be left alone '' Dara said with a sheepish grin. 

'' Don't think i don't see right through you Sandara Park. You just want to flirt with the boys '' 

 

 

Walking home two days later Bom phone suddenly ringed with JYP Honey filling the quiet street. Maybe it was time to change her ringtone. 

'' Yeoboseyo ~  ''  Bom said with the cutest tone she could manage without cringing 

'' , is this the number of Park Bom?  '' 

'' Aish you jerk, of course '' 

'' What's up with that greeting ?  ''

'' Sorry i thought it was my B-o-y-f-r-i-e-n-d ~ '' 

'' Don't joke with me '' 

'' What do you want oppa ? ''  She started twirling a lock of her hair between her fingers on a flirty way

'' Well...my friends kind of set me on a date '' 

''...so? '' 

'' Aigoo let me finish. So i will meet this girls, and i am sure i will have to pay for everything afterwards only to get an awful laid just to make my friend happy, so i thought maybe i could ditch him and go to the movies or something '' 

'' Ah, you are so cheap. You are saying you are going to miss when you know the closes we will get is accidentally touching arms while we walk? '' 

The line was silent and Bom wondered what the hell went through his mind 

''...Yeah, i think that's exactly what i was saying...'' He answered with a chuckle

'' Are you drunk? '' 

'' Come on, at least i am going to talk about something with an actual thinking person and not the boring i usually talk about with them ''

'' I think you are losing your mind '' 

'' Ever since i met you ''

....

'' Ugh when? '' 

'' Saturday afternoon '' 

Bom realized it was the day she would go out with the girl so trying to ignore the pout that formed slightly in her lips, she tried to be as careful as possible with her words since she knew he had fought with his crew

'' Yeah,  i am kinda busy that day '' 

'' What in the world would be more important than getting a chance to go out with this handsome man ? '' 

'' You forgot the air headed part. Anyways, i am going to visit my...my grandfather that day ''  She closed her eyes at her poor attempt of lying 

'' I am ditching hot , can't you ditch smelly grandpa for me? '' 

'' Okay he doesn't smell that bad. I need to cherish my memories with him, you never know when he's going to...'' 

'' Can i join you ? i am short on cash you know '' 

'' I am starting to wonder when did we develop such a relationship for you to go and visit my family...or to even stop having '' 

'' Don't think too much of it, we are naturally bonding '' 

'' I can't hear you over so much bull '' 

'' Anyways, i consider that a no? '' He sighted as if he was in pain  '' Fine, oppa is sad '' 

Bom could litteraly imagine him pouting like a pretty little girl 

'' God i think i'm gonna puke '' 

She heard him laugh, his low and mainly voice resonating through my phone, something  she considered hot. 

'' Have fun with...''

'' Jae Soo '' 

'' Yeah have fun with Jae Soo '' 

'' Thanks, see ya '' 

 

And the days went by, painfully slow like they normally did. They went to school, then tutoring, then to practice and then straight home to sleep after a day of spending all of  their energy yet again. It sometimes was indeed suffocating and exhausting but people kept telling them that the road to success was hard but it would pay off later. Bom kept replaying that phrase every time she would hurt myself trying to improve her dancing skills or at night when her face was completely bloated from exploiting her vocal chords all day. 

It was a long and painful process, but she couldn't imagine herself being anything besides a singer. All her life she had grown up watching in T.V those awesome idols who shone with confidence and talent over the stage, and she always wondered what it would feel like to be admired by so many people, having everyone complimenting your skills and telling you how pretty you were. She was sure that i this point she wouldn't give up because of stupid sore ankles. 

Saturday came in without them noticing thanks to how busy they were. Fast forward a little and the four of them were waiting at a bench in front of the amusement park for the boys to come. When Bom saw Chae Rin, she was looking everywhere with what she could sense as excitement and nervousness. So cute.  

'' Seems like someone tried hard to make a good impression ''  Bom . ChaeRin had probably put on the shortest shorts she had and a shinny shirt. 

'' I..i-well...shut up '' 

Bom's eyes adverted themselves from ChaeRin towards the parking lot, where the boys where coming out. Next to them there was an oddly familiar bike. T.O.P's bike. 

 

 


Wooo Hoo finally Bom reacted to the whole dad situation !!! Not many TopBom moments, sorry. Next chap will have lotss !

I am feeling really lazy about this story lately. I don't even know how my ideas turned into this kekeke 

I will keep updating when i can, but please don't hate me if drop lame chapters like this sometimes ! 

i didn't do proofreading, might be messy