Chapter 9

Here Comes the Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 The next morning was much less stressful for Haneul as she was almost positive everything at her new school was fine. Well, maybe more than fine. Possibly great. The only difficulty thrown at her was one she was interested in so not a bad experience at all.

Less stress meant that she wasn't lingering here and there putting off time. Haneul was getting ready pretty quickly compared to the previous day and within half an hour she was done her morning routine. Carrying a small breakfast made by her mother, she was out the door and on her way to Seungri High.

The walk was short as the path was being imprinted in her memory each time she walked it. Nearing the school, she expected to be hearing screams of fangirls. But they weren't there. That's when Haneul pulled out her phone and realized she was actually quite early. She had beat the fangirls.

*I guess I underestimated how quickly I got dressed this morning. Well at least I don't have to get through that crowd.*

Haneul headed into the school with no specific destination in mind because, well, she still had no idea where she was even going.

Remembering the path to her vocal class was easy from the entrance because Chanhee had pointed out the steps to take quickly the previous day. From there, Haneul retraced her steps to come across the garden.

*The garden seems like the perfect place to pass time. I can start brainstorming for the vocal project too.*

Haneul didn't do much brainstorming though. As soon as she sat down she remembered that she knows absolutely nothing about Jungkook's taste in music which meant she was unable to even set a genre. Instead though, she sat down on the bench and pulled out her headphones to warm up for vocal class.

Haneul passed time singing to Ailee, Akdong Musician, and IU, some of her favourite artists. Soon enough people flooded the hallways and buzz of teenagers was heard.

Haneul took her time leaving just because she loved the atmosphere of the garden. * I know I'll be coming here often. The serenity I feel here is indescribable*

In a few minutes she had found her friends and was jumped on instantly.

"Haneul~ good morning~ where were you?" Ahri was all over Haneul. It seems she really took a liking to Haneul the previous day and already claimed they were going to be the best of friends. 

Playing along with the childish act Ahri was putting on Haneul replied "Ahri ~ morning~I was in the garden because I got here too early!"

"Seriously you two, why the cute act? I swear Haneul, Ahri never does this with anyone else. Sometimes she won't even act cute for me even if I beg her. You are a miracle worker", Chanhee joked around with the two of them. Before long the warning bell went off, urging the three of them to get to class.

The three friends sat in the same seats as the previous day and talked about useless things to pass time and soon enough, Ms. Song was in front of the class, hushing them.

"Good morning class! I'll just take the attendance and I'll let you get with your partners and spread around the school to get inspiration for your project."

Ms. Song droned on with the stude

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter