Chapter 12

Here Comes the Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

During lunch that day, while she was with Chanhee and Ahri, Haneul got an unexpected visitor. 

"Hi, you're Haneul right?" Haneul turned her head towards the owner of the voice and was a little taken aback. She vaguely remembered the day Ahri told her about the popular kids of the school and made the figure out to be Lee Hana. 

"That's right, I'm Haneul. And you are?" Haneul knew it would be slightly creepy if she let Hana know that she knew her name so she pretended to be none the wiser. 

"My name is Hana. Lee Hana. Do you wanna have lunch together?" 

Haneul didn't want to leave her friends at all. It would be rude. But when she looked over to them as if to ask what to do, they were silently urging her to go with Hana. *Strange* thought Haneul. She did end up taking their advice though.

"Umm I guess leaving them won't hurt too much. I'll see you guys later" Haneul waved to the couple as she got up. "Where are we going by the way?" She questioned Hana who was already on the move.

"You'll see" was all she got a reply. Haneul had no choice but to follow in silence. The whole cafeteria watched as the most popular girl and new girl at school left together.

Haneul wasn't so much as complaining as she was plain confused. She honestly could think of nothing she had done to catch the attention of Hana. If the rumours of her character were true, then Haneul would be scared. But she wasn't going to believe anything until she's seen it or heard it from the origin. 

The walk lead the two girls outside, to a grassy field with picnic benches scattered everywhere. Haneul followed Hana in sitting down and waited till Hana spoke up.

"You're probably wondering why I wanted to have lunch with you even though I don't know you." Haneul meekly nodded to Hana's statement. "Well, you might not know it, but you're a growing topic in our school. The cute new girl who's nice and smart and approachable." Haneul was surprised. She didn't think she was that great. "I'm actually surprised you didn't know me. With all the stupid rumours about me flying around I thought you'd at least have heard one."

Haneul decided to be truthful because she thought there was no point in lying. "Uh actually if I'm being honest, I did hear some rumours. Not much to be honest, I just heard that people thought you were a ..." She quickly spoke up again to clarify. "But I don't think you are! I don't believe baseless rumours, that just starts drama."

Hana's face slightly softened at this. No one had actually dismissed rumours about her. The whole school just believed what they heard floating around. But she made sure to keep her intentions of getting to know Haneul at the back of her mind. "That's a first actually. Thanks." She paused here for a second. "Let me get to know you Haneul, tell me about yourself."

"Um well there's not much to know. I moved here this summer for my dad's job. I'm thinking of becoming a vocal major. I'm kind of just an average girl. What about you. Who's the real Lee Hana, not the one in rumours."

"Well I've been in the city forever. I've always been the center of attention and I love it. Everyone thinks I'm a . But I'm not. I don't just date anyone. I don't date for the benefits. But that's what the rumours say. Because when I refuse a seemingly good boyfriend of mine some intimate time just once, he would break up with me and just spread more rumours. It's an endless cycle and I could care less. I just decided earlier on that it was easier to just let people believe what they wanted." Haneul could tell just by the tone Hana was using that she wasn't lying. The sincerity in her eyes was also clear to Haneul. But so was the annoyance. "I don't like most of the people here because of that reason." Now Hana was going to bring up the reason she had wanted to have lunch with Haneul. "But I do like some people. There's a guy I like, and you know him." 

Haneul was confused. She didn't know too many guys. Chanhee and the Bangtan Boys were about the only guys she knew knew. Chanhee was already taken so it had to be one of the Bangtan Boys. Her curiosity got the best of her and she couldn't stop her self from asking "Who is it?"

"Jungkook. I like Jungkook. And I've liked him for a long long time. He was with Soeun for so long though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter