Chapter 11

Here Comes the Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The time was already 7 pm and the 10 high schoolers were still out and about, exploring the streets of Seoul. They were currently roaming through the shopping district, where Ahri and Haneul were getting the most excited.

​The guys got the first pick on where to go which lead the group to the closest arcade. Upon entering, Haneul was sure that just about every arcade game she could even imagine was in that very arcade. It was huge. Everyone enjoyed their time, especially when the losers of one of the games got to buy everyone street snack. 

Now it was the Ahri's turn to choose the location, which obviously meant shopping. The girls would walk into a store, accompanied by 8 not-so-enthusiastic guys and they would try on a couple of things and leave without buying close to nothing.

The routine continued for a while, until the group came upon a music store. 

The guys became excited for once in the shopping district. "Hey guys! Let's go in here. Most of us are in vocal class so I'm sure we could benefit from this!" Taehyung spoke up excitedly. No one could really disagree since all of them loved music so it was decided they would explore the store.

Haneul made sure to imprint the location in her mind because she knew she'd be going there a lot. She entered, arm in arm with Ahri, and began to mindlessly look through kpop idols albums while quietly fangirling to herself. Without noticing at all, Ahri slipped away to look at albums elsewhere with Chanhee and Haneul was left alone to browse through the variety. She looked through for albums that she hadn't heard before, searching for ideas to base her vocal project off of. Haneul's hand brushed by a green album cover which she didn't recognize so she picked it up. *Akmu?* She had heard of the brother-sister duo but had never really paid attention to their music. She played the cd from the cd player and put on the headphones. Flipping through the songs, she came to a song with the piano as a main instrument. The song was titled 'Melted'. *I want this to be song our inspiration* Haneul loved it as soon as it started. The strong yet soft vocals, the powerful lyrics, it's exactly what her and Jungkook are capable of.

As soon as that crossed her mind, she remembered that Jungkook was actually inside the music store. *It's better if I don't bother him here... I don't wanna ruin his mood after the ice cream incident* Haneul decided that she would show him the song some day in class. She had decided to buy the album because of the lovely songs. Coming up to the cashier, she could make out the back profile of most of the group standing outside. She made her way to the group after paying and entered the conversation everyone was having about the albums they bought. 

"Hey, where's Jungkook?" Haneul couldn't help her curiosity as soon she noticed he was missing from the group. 

"He's still inside. This was his favourite place to come with, uhm, Soeun. He hasn't been back here much after that. I guess he's probably just happy to be back there again." Jin replied to the question rather quietly. 

Silence fell over the group and no one knew much to say at that moment. Haneul had so many questions but deemed that moment to not be the best place and time to ask. Their silence was interrupted by Jungkook exiting the building.

Namjoon as the 'leader' of their group brought up the time and suggested that they let their exploration day come to an end. "Yeah I'm tired" and "Let's do more some other day!" were the things Haneul heard from the boys. Everyone promised to do this again and they all parted. 

"Hey wait Haneul", Taehyung called out. "Let me walk you home. It's almost dark out. And I'm guessing you're not even sure of where you're going in all honesty." He had a point. They had come a long way from school and Haneul would probably get lost if she tried to find her way home alone. 

"Umm sure, I think it's for the best. Thank you so much Taehyung", Haneul was thankful that she had such a thoughtful friend. 

The walk home was mostly silent. But it wasn't awkward, it was comfortable. The little conversation they had was about school and the students/teachers. They reached Haneul's front door and they said their goodnights. Taehyung left soon after and Haneul hoped he didn't have a lot to walk to his home.

Little did she know that he actually lived quite far. Taehyung wasn't going to tell her though. He thought it was unnecessary.

~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the week was mostly identical to the previous two. Vocal classes flew by with just the music filling the ears and mind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter