Chapter 7

Here Comes the Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of vocal class passed uneventfully. After Mrs. Song was done her presentation, she let the students have the rest of the class time to themselves so that they could catch up on each other's lives and also talk about the upcoming project.

Haneul was engrossed in a conversation with Ahri about her past; her old school, friends, and hometown. When the bell signaled for the end of first period, Haneul left the class feeling a whole lot of different things. Happiness because wow today was actually turning out great, intense curiosity because a person named Jungkook existed, but most of all anxiety because new period meant new students.

Regardless of all these feelings though, she focused on the facts that she had made a couple of friends already, she impressed a whole class of students, and she also was just feeling like she fit in.

Haneul wandered the halls once again trying to look for her next class, Biology. This time though, she realized the pattern with the room numbers and followed until she surprisingly found the right room. *On time and I didn't even get lost. I'm on a roll!*

She walked into the classroom to find the room about halfway filled with students which left a lot of options open of where to sit. Scanning the room she happened to notice a familiar face catching her eye. *Hmm I think that's one of Jungkook's friends?? What was his name??* 

As she was lost in her thoughts she ended up staring for a little too long and when said male turned his head around, he actually called out to her. "Hey, Haneul! Come sit with me!"

Haneul snapped out of her trance and was taken aback at how easily she zoned out. *Did he just call me?* She strolled towards the attractive male and stood by his desk in confusion before he spoke up.

"We're in vocal together and now Biology too!" the male exclaimed happily. When all he got was a slight look of confusion from Haneul, he spoke up again as he realized his mistake. "Oh god I didn't even introduce myself, I'm so stupid! I'm Kim Taehyung." Taehyung held out his hand for Haneul to shake and she gladly accepted.

"I'm Oh Haneul. I moved here really recently and I'm totally new to this school. It's really nice to meet you Taehyung!" Haneul ended with a blinding eye smile. 

"It's nice to meet you too! I'm glad we have this class together too. It seems like we'll get along just fine. Come sit right here", he said while patting the seat next to his. 

Haneul took up the offer and slid into the next desk. "Thanks, I so far only know about 2 people here so it was really nice of you to invite me here", Haneul expressed her genuine thoughts. 

Taehyung thought it was interesting that she would say thank you for such a small action but he kept his thoughts to himself and just smiled his signature smile at her. The one that kills all the fangirls in one shot.

*Woah that smile... it feels like I've been blessed by an angel. This guy must be reaaaally good with the ladies*

They started small talk about their summer and about themselves and Haneul found herself becoming comfortable around yet another person at this school. She wondered if everyone was this nice, but then remembered Jungkook. *Right, his depressive state is sad to look at but his friend right here is totally the opposite. How are they even friends???* She didn't want to seem too nosy though so she kept the question to herself.

The teacher thankfully walked in to say his 'Good morning!' and 'Did you all have a good summer?' speech before moving on to explain the outline of the semester. 

The rest of class sped by just listening to Mr. Jung talk and soon, Haneul found that lunch time was around the corner.

A few minutes later the bell for lunch rang and Mr. Jung dismissed the class with a smile. 

Haneul left the classroom only to be called back again by Taehyung. "Hey Haneul,  wait up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter