Chapter 10

Here Comes the Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul was already halfway through the day which meant lunch with her favourite couple. She really did like the dynamic they had together. They weren't cheesy (mostly) and they were both open-minded with each other's choices. Haneul thought that that's the kind of love she wants when she starts looking. A love where trust is a big part and little things don't get blown up into big deals.

Haneul made her way to her locker where she was to meet the lovers, but instead of approaching two of them, she saw only Chanhee standing there.

"Hey Chanhee, where's Ahri? Isn't she having lunch with us?"

"Hey Haneul. Yeah she is but I think she headed to the cafeteria first because her classroom is near there. We'll just meet her there."

Haneul nodded in agreement and the two made their way to the cafeteria while talking about their classes of the morning. As soon as they walked into the cafeteria, Ahri waved them over to a table. "Took you guys long enough! Lunch started 10 minutes ago!" Ahri nagged at her boyfriend and new friend.

"Hey hey! I still need to figure my way around here which is why I try to take everything around me in slowly. I've only been here since yesterday, cut me some slack. One day I'll need to walk around the school alone and if you nag me to walk faster everyday I won't be able to know my way around." Haneul had a playful smile dancing on her lips as she said this because she knew she was right and Ahri could no longer nag.

"Alright alright. I get it. I missed you", Ahri pouted and hugged Haneul as she hugged back. Chanhee observed the encounter with shock.

"Haneul, you really need to teach me your ways. You stopped her nagging in no time! If only it was that easy for me." Chanhee barely finished his sentence when he felt a glare coming his way, courtesy of his girlfriend.

To get out of the trap he just set himself, Chanhee volunteered to buy the three of them lunch and he was off, leaving the two girls alone to talk.

"How was vocal class? Did you get ignored by Jungkook the whole time like everyone usually does?"

Haneul wondered how Jungkook manages to ignore everyone. It must be tiring no doubt. Every human has the impulse to reply to someone when they are being talked to. *I guess after a year of doing it, it became a habit*

Haneul explained to Ahri that there was simple communication and body language that made her sure that Jungkook was listening to her and participating in the work. The few words here and there, the eye contact, the way his body moved to the music at times. That all meant progress. Nonetheless, Ahri was definitely impressed and nagged Haneul to keep her updated. The school year just began and this was her only source for gossip. For now.

Chanhee returned with their lunches and soon lunch break was over. The day carried on uneventfully for Haneul, but to her it wasn't boring.

She liked the students she was surrounded by. They made her feel welcome without having to explicitly state it. Just the way they interacted with her or sent her small smiles. Haneul loved it all.

Haneul didn't see the couple at the lockers so she assumed that they had already left together but as she left the shool gates, she was attacked by two people.

Haneul jumped in shock at the sudden attack but knew instantly who the two figures were.

"Are you guys crazy!? You're going to give me a heart attack one day!" 

Chanhee and Ahri couldn't stop themselves from laughing hard. Her reaction was exactly like they planned.

"You're just too weak to handle the power couple~" Ahri sent a wink Haneul's way while Haneul scoffed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter