Chapter 1

Here Comes the Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Haneul-ah, wake up! You're going to be late for your first day of your new school." Mrs. Oh's voice drifted into Haneul's ears for somewhere far away.

Haneul didn't even move a muscle and continued on with her sleep, thinking her mom's voice was all apart of her dreams. Her peaceful sleep only carried on for a few minutes longer until she felt a slap on her . 

*Ugh now I know this is not a dream. There's only one person that can do this and it's my-*"Mom, stop," Haneul whined like a kid.

"Ahh, you're such a child sometimes. And why do you still sleep with your facing up? You should learn to sleep normally so you don't wake up with a sore body everyday. Why was I here again?" Mrs. Oh's mind drifted away for a few seconds before she remembered. "Ah, right! Haneul-ah, it's time to get up. You wouldn't want to be late for your first day at Seungri High would you? That surely wouldn't leave a good impression of yourself. So get up, wash up, and get that crisp new uniform on! Come downstairs quickly, I made your favourite heart shaped pancakes~" Mrs. Oh sang cheerfully while simultaneously wiggling her shoulders.

"And you call me childish?" Haneul questioned with a smile plastered on her face; one filled with love and admiration.

Mrs. Oh merely laughed the question off and hurried herself downstairs to tend to the breakfast. *I definitely get my childish side from her* thought Haneul.

She slowly sat up from her bed and tried to prolong actually getting off of it for a lot longer than needed but inevitably, she had to jump out of the comfort and warmth. Remembering that she was starting at a new school that day, she let out a sigh. *My last year of school and I'm starting fresh. New school, new people, new opportunities. I hope everything goes smoothly like it was at my old school*

Haneul's life was always spent rather leisurely. Her dad worked a middle class job and was a hard-working man who would do anything for his daughter, and as Haneul was his only child, she did get mostly everything she wanted. Rather than calling it being spoiled, she lived a comfortable life. That comfort also came in the form of smarts in school, as she was rather good. She was never the smartest but she always got straight A's. Haneul also was not the type to get involved in drama and for all her years in school, only had a couple of incidents. Overall, Haneul's life was completely normal, until her dad got a promotion and needed to move closer to his office branch.

Regardless of this though, Haneul was staying optimistic and full of hope, just like she was taught growing up. She recalled something her mom always said to her at various points in her life. "Being optimistic isn't always being happy. It's taking what the worl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter