Chapter 8

Here Comes the Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lunch time passed with loud talking and laughs. The boys seemed to really be fond of Haneul. And Haneul had to admit she was pretty comfortable around them too.

No matter how much she tried to dig deeper into whether they were being fake or not, Haneul only found that the boys were genuine. That, above all, is what made her open up and allowed her to talk freely with them, regardless of their status in the school.

It was now last period and Haneul was preparing to get ready for gym class.  Period 3, history,  really was uneventful and Haneul was excited when she saw that gym was next. More than liking sports and activities in a competitive way, Haneul just enjoyed being active as a hobby.

Donning herself in the pastel pink shorts and t-shirt provided by the school, Haneul ran out to the gym where class was gonna take place. To her delight, Ahri was already sitting on the bleachers and Haneul was signaled to come sit beside her.

A loud whistle blew, signaling that the whole class set their attention on the source of the whistle.

"Alright ladies welcome to gym class. I'm Mrs. Lim and I'm going to have the pleasure to work with you talented students for the semester. Today I don't have much planned, it's free period so pull out at equipment you like. Make sure you clean it all up after too! You can go ahead now", the teacher took her seat on the bleachers and let the kids do whatever for the next 75 minutes.  

The two friends paired up and settled on hitting a birdie back and forth with badminton rackets. This gave plenty of time to Ahri to ask the questions she has been wanting to since lunchtime.

"So, Haneul, do you want to explain how you got to the kingka's lunch table? How did you manage that on your first day? I know Jungkook is your partner but he probably doesn't even acknowledge you. So how?" Ahri had so many questions to which Haneul could give the simplest answers.

"Taehyung and I had Biology together right before lunch and we sat beside each other. And then when I was leaving class, he asked if I wanted to have lunch with his friends and meet them. I accepted the invitation. That's all. They're all a really nice and funny bunch! And I know for a fact if you were to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter