Chapter 5

Here Comes the Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Honestly, with all these questions you're asking, I'd say you kind of like him. You seem to be the only one that wants to try to understand him too. Maybe you should go for him and break that rock face of his!" Ahri squealed excitedly. " How cute would that be though. Talk about impact."

Ahri was off dreaming about the day they'd see the face of Jungkook's turn once again into one that smiles. 

But Haneul crushed that dream in a split second.

"Hoooold on stop right there. I am NOT interested in becoming Jungkook's girlfriend in the slightest bit! A girl starts asking a few questions and suddenly you start planning our marriage? No, Ahri. Just no. I am simply curious. A trait that comes with the talent of reading people. Usually I can answer my own questions by simply talking to the people. But with Jungkook it's not easy to figure anything out. He's a challenge. And I like challenges. Nothing personal at all." Haneul spoke with such certainty that she had convinced the two lovers.

Chanhee, however, voiced the opinions of both his girlfriend and himself. "It starts off like that, simple curiosity. That's how I started dating Ahri. I was new back in freshman year and had started school in a different area. And there was this girl. Everyone loved her and I wanted to know why. Now here we are, 4 years later and I know everything about her. And I love that everything, with flaws included. So you see, simple curiosity just might end up with your marriage" Chanhee finished with a laugh.

Ahri was looking at Chanhee like he was the last planet on Earth though and when he locked eyes with her, it was like Haneul wasn't even there anymore. That speech probably just melted every ounce of Ahri. Why wouldn't it though? He just confessed his undying love in the most casual manner.

"Okaaaay umm no you're definitely wrong. It won't happen. But I'm pretty sure you guys can't even hear me through that love bubble of yours. I'm just gonna um go now. I'll look around. You two enjoy yourselves haha." Haneul could tell very obviously that the two needed privacy right now. They were completely absorbed in each others eyes and there's really no going back once that happens. As Haneul stepped out of the garden, she took one last look at the couple and saw them leaning in for a kiss.

*Wow they are probably the most disgustingly cute couple I've ever met. And I love it. But that could never ever be Jungkook and I. That's way too comical, I don't and won't like him. I can't believe they actually thought that!*

Haneul was smiling from ear to ear at the blatantly laughable subject. 

As she walked through the hall to explore some more, she didn't notice the watchful eyes of a classmate standing near the garden she was just in. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple minutes of walking, a few flights of stairs and through a seemingly abandoned hallway and Haneul was almost sure she was completely and utterly lost

She finds herself asking one question to herself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter