Chapter 14

Here Comes the Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dark alley was chilly but with their body's heat mingling together, they were totally unaware. The hug lasted for a few minutes, until Haneul could feel her breathing calm to a lull. Her heart rate however,  was still high. But this was for a whole other reason by the name of Jungkook. *Why is my body reacting like this?* She didn't know why her heart was beating irregularly even though she had calmed down from the confrontation with Block B.

Jungkook was unable to tell whether she was alright or not so he unsurely brought his arms down to look at her, only to find her eyes closed. He assumed that this was her normal phase and stepped away from her after clearing his throat. "Ahem. Uh are you okay now?" 

Haneul's eyes fluttered open when the warmth disappeared from opposite her. "Um yes. Thank you. I didn't know how to handle myself in a situation like that. I didn't even know how to calm myself down from my slight panic attack. But you got me to even out my breathing and got rid of my immediate fear." Haneul sincerely meant every word she said. She didn't even know what was happening to her so for Jungkook to understand quickly and act upon it was amazing.

"It was no big deal. You needed help and I was the only one around. That's all." He rubbed his neck at this point. "It's only been been about 5 minutes since Block B was around here so we should wait it out for a little while to make sure the coast is clear. Are you okay with that?" Although he had put his facade back on, Jungkook was still showing a little bit of care which Haneul appreciated. 

"Yeah, that's fine." Haneul smiled briefly as if to say that she really was going to be fine.

Silence ensued from that point on. The two sat in silence in the alley for around 15 minutes, surrounded by brick walls, the faint sound of bids flying around somewhere, and each other's presence. Neither spoke a word until those 15 minutes had passed. Jungkook stood up and gestured Haneul to follow him. " Let's go. Make sure to stay behind me." 

He lead the both of them out of the alley and onto the now slightly darkened streets. Confirming the free of Block B streets, Jungkook secured their safety. Now he had to make sure the rest of the group was okay. He called Namjoon first. 

"Hey, Namjoon hyung. Are you okay? Is everyone with you?" 

" Hey Jungkook. Yeah we all met up because we were hiding close by. We're fine, none of us were found out. What about you and Haneul? Is she alright?" Namjoon sounded worried and if Jungkook listened closely, he could hear the worrying voices of 5 other boys.

"We're fine too. I found an alley to hide in and we've been here since. Haneul is fine now too."

"That's a relief. We were all worried about you guys. It's late now. Grab your stuff from the lockers and head home. It's almost dark so walk Haneul home. And don't complain. We'll see you both tomorrow. Bye." Namjoon hung up before Jungkook could get another word in.

Haneul who was only able to hear Jungkook's side of the conversation wondered what happened. "Are they all fine? What did he say?"

"They're fine. Let's go home, Namjoon insisted I walk you home. Let's get our things first."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter