Chapter 3

Here Comes the Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a moment of shock, Haneul realized she was just standing in the doorway, blocking others from entering the classroom. * Whoops I better go look for a seat before I start making a bad first impression!*

Making her way into the classroom,  she tried deciding where to sit. As she scanned the room, her eyes landed on a figure chatting away with Chanhee. *She seems nice and approachable. And she gives off good vibes too! That empty seat beside her seems to be calling out my name.*

Haneul walked up to the two people engaged in a conversation and was greeted happily by Chanhee. 

"Haneul, hey! You should sit with us." He gestured to the gorgeous girl he was talking to and said, "Haneul meet Ahri. Ahri is my girlfriend but I have a feeling you guys will make great friends", he said earnestly. This time Chanhee gestured to Haneul and said, "Ahri, meet Haneul. She's new to this school and the one I was talking about earlier. I'm so happy we all have this class together!!"

Haneul looked at Ahri, bowed and said,  "It's nice to meet you! I'm Oh Haneul." 

Her bow was met with a protest though. "Hey you don't have to be so formal with me! We're all friends now. I'm Song Ahri!"

*Friends? Today is getting off on the right foot!!*

"Here, sit beside me", said Ahri. The desks were set up into pairs of two and Chanhee was sitting at the desk in front of the two. 

"Don't you guys wanna sit together? You know, because you're together??"  wondered Haneul. She doesn't have that much experience in the dating field so she's just guessing. The couple laughed in reply, confusing Haneul. 

"Just because we're dating doesn't mean we have to spend every minute together.  We're sitting close enough right now and we both have other people we like to hang out with too sometimes. We respect and also trust each other", Chanhee replied. 

As he finished his speech, Chanhee looked up at Ahri and they both shared this adoring look. *I might not have had a lot of experience before,  but I can tell when two people are in love. And the two people in front of me are most definitely in love* Haneul squ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter