An Inescapable Circus (Donggyu? - Dongwoo x Sunggyu)

Infinite Short Drabbles/ One-shots

What kind of life is this?

I'm just a puppet, a puppet controlled by the ringmaster.

Jang Dongwoo. The mastermind behind my actions.

It's a midnight circus of sorrow and pain.

Or does this apply only to me?

I want to step away, I want to move on.

But Dongwoo tied me down like a clown on a string.

I, Kim Sunggyu, am locked here.

 

This place is creepy. Dongwoo is the only person whom I am allowed to socialize with.

I want to run away from him.

But if I run away, my life would be a dangerous roller coaster.

He will find me, he will lock me up. He will force me to stay with him forever.

 

Everyone comes here at night to see me perform because this is a circus.

Now walking across this thin string 20 feet above ground, I look down to see the many faces.

It seems like if I fall down, it will be the end.

I don't know.

I can't see myself end.

Dongwoo might just strap me to him again.

Then all my troubles will come.

I guess I'll have to wait for the time when I come out from this lifeless place.

The show must just go on and never stop.

 

I'm crying right now from almost seeing darkness, and you look at me with a face that shows no emotion.

Then you laugh an ironic laugh that makes me hurt even more.

You say you love me, that's why I am forced to give you what your heart desires.

Was that a lie to see me suffer?

I just want to be free, please.

I try to plead.

My only reply was having you laugh at me.

It hurts like crazy.

 

It's another night.

You possess me to dance under the bright lights.

I believe it's another dreadful night.

 

This is prison made entirely out of your presence, Jang Dongwoo.

It's an entertaining party for you

But a tragic comedy for me

You and I are gambling, except there is a difference. I lose all the things I gamble, and you gain more than what you just had.

 

I put up another fake facade, and bow to many people. Again.

I do this all for you, yet why? Why Dongwoo? Why?

 

My heart is weak; weak from all the heartbreaks I receive from you.

Don't try denying that.

Because if you weren't responsible, I might have enjoyed it a bit more.

Except if that were to happen, it would be an unrealistic dream.

 

Now to everyone reading this, I have some advises to give you all.

1. Never look back. This was my mistake because if I had done this, I would never be here and hurting.

2. Never listen to anyone else. Dongwoo is a liar; he lied to me about how much he needed me. My parents lied to me, they said that they didn't want to make Dongwoo upset. They just wanted his money. Everyone is a liar, they say that they care about you but they will never help you when you need them.

3. Fall. Falling makes you forget about the many problems in life. It makes you feel very much alive. Just fall.

It's the highlight of life.

 

 

These are what I wanted to tell you, except it was all a lie too.

I was never on stage. It was only me putting on a smile to the people I see and hiding my agony.

I was never walking 20 feet above ground. It was me trying to balance pain and death.

I've never cried and laughed alone. It was always Dongwoo who was with me when I cried, and I never laugh at all.

I don't live in this circus. I have nowhere to go.

The bright lights, there was none. It was only darkness falling upon me.

 

The only truth is that Dongwoo anchors me down.

He is my supposed lover.

I am his supposed loved one, supposed soul mate.

And he is the reason for my misery.

I am one misfortunate puppet. The puppet Kim Sunggyu, in a never-ending midnight circus.


sobbing over my fail. I don't even know what to call this couple orz. Let me hide in the corner to avoid thrown tomatoes.

Inspired by : Midnight Circus by Sunny Hill (The people with an awesome concept)

Translation by: http://infotaip.blogspot.com/2011/06/sunny-hill-midnight-circus-english.html