Chapter 7

Krazy Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Too exhausted to say anything...kekekeke...

Ooops, something important though..I've posted a YT video (credit to the uploader) in this chapter...click it if you want to have an idea of the scene i was thinking...I changed it a little for my writing~ ^^

Happy reading!!



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

CHAPTER 7



[Drama Club]

 

“Nervous?”

 

“Nah, not really.” Tsk tsk, Jessi. Liar liar, pants on fire~



In fact, the blonde beauty was anxious. There she was; sitting beside the girl she really likes, waiting to perform a love song together. She slept on the previous night with all smiles, already feeling thrilled on how dreamy-liked their presentation would be.

Everything about the song was romantic; the melody, the words. Aah, the words. How she wished Yoona would realize that the composition was indeed the perfect piece to scream her unspoken heart out.

 

“Hm, thank you. That was…” Taeyeon tried to find an affable word to describe the terrible singing that just ended. “…surreal.” She forced a smile. “Next!”



The final pair went to the front of the class. The other club members by then were grinning from ear to ear and rushed closer to the small stage in the room; already expected an epic duet from the two beauties. A dazzling glow accentuated in the center, as Yoona and Jessica stood side-by-side under it. One might wonder how funny life works. Some things are just destined to shine. That was how it went for the two girls. An icy princess with a charismatic deer; the perfect match.

Yoona held up her guitar, wore the strap over her head and placed her delicate fingers on the strings near the sound hole. Using her other hand, she gently grabbed Jessica by the waist and pulled her nearer. The blonde furiously blushed at the close contact but managed to keep her calm. She placed her one hand on the deer’s shoulder for support and the other on the finger board, all set to play the first chord.

 

“Ready?” Yoona smiled at her partner.

 

Jessica nodded. “Let’s do this.” With the cue, the latter started strumming.


 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnL-uWbDHeE


 

Do you hear me?

 

I'm talking to you

 

Across the water across the deep blue ocean

 

Under the open sky, oh my, baby I'm trying



As Yoona was singing while playing the strings, Jessica’s fingers kept up with the changing notes. The audiences were literally awed by the adorable scene before them. For the blonde however, it seemed like the time have stopped and they were the only ones inside the space. The two girls never left each other’s eyes as they were drowning inside the sweet melody.

 

Girl I hear you in my dreams

 

I feel your whisper across the sea

 

I keep you with me in my heart

 

You make it easier when life gets hard



Half way through her performance, Jessica motioned Yoona to take over her chord playing. She blissfully grinned to herself as their fingers brushed against one another from the contact. The blonde circled around the doe-eyed guitarist with such grace, elatedly anticipating for their first twosome in the song.

 

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend

 

Lucky to have been where I have been

 

Lucky to be coming home again



Yoona got up from her seat and followed her blonde partner as they moved around the whole stage. Wide smiles shined on the two beauties as their ‘little concert’ made the audiences waving their bodies leisurely, following the soft tune.

 

They don't know how long it takes

 

Waiting for a love like this

 

Every time we say goodbye

 

I wish we had one more kiss

 

I'll wait for you I promise you, I will


 

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend

 

Lucky to have been where I have been

 

Lucky to be coming home again



As the song nearly ended, the performers went back to their initial spot. Yoona sat down and continued playing the guitar on her lap. Jessica, on the other hand, stood behind the deer. She was then supposed to place her arm on Yoona’s side shoulder and finished the song together. Or at least that was the plan when the girls were rehearsing the number the day before.

Jessica could feel that she was falling deeper and deeper for the tall brunette. Was it because of the song, or was it because the girl herself, Jessica didn’t care anymore. All she knew, she loved each and every single moment she had with Yoona. Whenever the chance arose, she’d make sure that she made full of it.

Their duet, for instance. Instead of following their original routine, the blonde decided to live in the moment. Without any doubt in her mind, the blonde threw her arms around the deer’s neck; giving almost a back hug like, and swayed their collided bodies together to the sides. The unexpected move startled Yoona a bit. She however played along, thinking that it was purely a part of their performance.

 

I'm lucky we're in love every way

 

Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed

 

Lucky to be coming home someday

 

Ooohh ooooh oooh oooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

 

Ooooh ooooh oooh oooh ooh ooh ooh ooh



After the piece ended, Jessica stayed in her position for a while. She was scared to let Yoona go. Someway, it felt like the brief moment would be the last chance for her to hold the doe-eyed angel like that. The stillness inside her head shattered when strident applauses and thunderous cheers echoed within the room. The blonde slowly opened her eyes and leaned away from the unplanned embrace with a heavy heart.

 

“Magnificent! Bravo! Bravo!” Taeyeon awarded a standing ovation, unleashing her infamous frenzied seal-like claps along the way. “People, this is what we call a real duet! The emotions portrayed were…oh my God, it brings tears to my eyes!” She dramatically commented. “Job well done!”



The two girls giggled at the thespian compliments. They bowed in appreciation nevertheless.

 

“Think we’ll get the part?” Yoona drew closer and whispered.

 

Jessica was once again charmed by the sparkling doe eyes in front of her. “No doubt~” She flashed an assuring beam.

 

“That’s the end of your pair evaluation.” The short teacher suddenly exclaimed. “You’ll have one more audition after the mid-term tests. Only then I’ll announce which of the seniors that will dig up the main roles for the play. So, please make sure that you are fully prepared to present your solo number, okay? Class dismissed!”



===========================================================================================================


Days later~
[School’s Cafeteria]


Jessica felt uneasy. A certain tanned girl had been giving hints for days now. She stole a glance at the girl opposites her. Should she just make her move before it’s too late? Yes, it was true that she had been silently rejected, but Yoona didn’t even know how she felt for her.

Perhaps she should just own up with her feelings. Who knows? Maybe there was a slight chance that the doe felt the same way and then they would live happily ever after. One little problem though. The last time she remembered, fairy tale doesn’t really exist~

 

“It’s crazy how delicious this is.” Yoona shoved another round in . “Want some?” She offered the blonde.

 

Jessica shook her head slightly. “I’m fine.”

 

Yoona finished on whatever left in her plate and stood up. “I’m going to have some more of this.”

 

“Wait!” Jessica grabbed the deer’s arm.

 

Yoona lowered her gaze. “Yes? You want me to bring some for you?”

 

“No. Not that.” The blonde bit her lip. “I need to tell you something.”

 

“Sure. I’ll be back in a sec.”

 

“STOP!” She held the shikshin yet again.

 

“But–”

 

“This is really important, Yoong.”

 

“Can’t it wait?”

 

“No!”

 

“I’m sure it can wait.”

 

“It can’t!”

 

“But,” Yoona pouted. “I’m starving, Sica~”

 

Sigh. How could she resist the cute-whiny voice of the deer? “Fine. Five minutes, Yoong. I mean it!”

 

Yoona grinned like a kid. “Back in a flash!” She shouted as she went to the meal counter.



The doe-eyed girl skipped happily towards the trays of pasta. Just thinking of it made her excited. One her way however, she spotted someone familiar. The girl; who had been reading in one hand, was waiting in a long queue to pay for her lunch. Yoona chuckled at the scene. Even after all these years, it still amazed her to see how one could have such intense concentration despite the chaotic noise around them.

 

Seohyun slightly shuddered when her tray had been snatched away from her grip. She turned to the culprit and glowered. “What do you think you’re doing?!”

 

“It’s better to hold a book with two hands.” Yoona casually uttered as she whipped a piece of carrot inside the salad. “Hm, crunchy.”

 

“I haven’t paid for that, you know.”

 

“So, what are you trying to say?”

 

The young writer just shook her head in disbelief. “Why are you here, anyway?”

 

“Huh?!” Yoona gasped and placed a hand on her chest in a dramatic manner. “Is it a crime to help my best friend with her lunch tray?! Is it a sin to see her contentedly reading, now that she can hold the book properly without even worrying about dropping her meals?!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter