Chapter 14

Krazy Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 14



[Jung Residence]


Yoona glanced at her watch and fastened her pace. As she reached the front door, she wiped a tiny sweat from her forehead and straightened her wrinkled baby blue top. The doe-eyed girl was about to knock on the hard plane when someone beat her by opening it from inside.

 

A very dashing middle-aged man gave a startled stare before his lips curled. “You’re Yoona, right?”

 

“Y-Yes.” Yoona quickly offered her hand forward. “You must be Jessica’s father. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Jung.”

 

“Likewise.” He flashed a warm smile. “It’s nice to finally witness the person who’s been putting silly grins on my Sooyeon’s face.” His eye-smiles appeared.

 

Yoona didn’t quite understand what the teasing words were implying. She wrinkled her eyebrows. “What do you mea–”

 

“Dad, who are you talking t–” Jessica pulled the door a bit further to the back and instantly, her eyes sparkled upon looking at the guest. “Yoong, you’re here!”

 

“Yeah, I’m sorry I’m late. Something came up earlier.”

 

“No, no,” The blonde shook her head. “It’s okay. You’re right on time actually.” She held the deer’s hand and dragged her in.

 

“Well, I’m not.” Mr Jung casually stated as he took a glimpse on his watch. “I have to go now.” He placed a peck on his daughter’s cheek before turned his gaze on Yoona. “I’d love to know more about you. I hope this is not going to be our last meeting.”

 

Yoona beamed warmly. “It won’t.”

 

“Great. Okay then. Bye!” Mr Jung rushed to his luxurious car before turning his head back. “Be good, girls!”

 

“We will!” Both girls exclaimed in unison.



*****


[Tree House]

 

“I heard that you’re going to the dance with Yoona.”

 

“Uh…yeah~”

 

Yuri got her back up from the floor. “I thought that there’s a girl that she likes.”

 

“What does that have to do with anything?” Seohyun followed suit and then hugged her knees as she sat down.

 

“Why didn’t she ask her to the dance?”

 

“Who?”

 

“The girl.”

 

“Which girl?”

 

Yuri was getting frustrated and sighed deeply. “The girl that Yoona likes!”

 

“She’s going with her.” The answer came out naturally.

 

Yuri creased her brow. “Huh?!”

 

“Huh?!” Seohyun was taken aback by the loud gasp from the latter.

 

“What did you say?!”

 

“Uh,” Realizing her tongue slipped, Seohyun fidgeted her hands and sheepishly smiled. “I mean, Yoona wants to go with the girl, but she said no.”

 

“Why?”

 

Seohyun chuckled nervously. “She’s busy, I guess.”

 

“So, you’re going with Yoona instead?” Yuri raised her brows.

 

“It’s the only way that can shut her up.”

 

The tanned girl laughed. “That sounds about right~”



*****

 

“You’re going to the dance with Seohyun?!” Jessica tried to swathe her obvious jealousy by flipping through her script indifferently.

 

“Yep.”

 

“Why?”

 

Yoona turned to the blonde and gave a weird look. “Would you rather see me with Uee instead?”

 

“Eww!” Jessica cringed. “No way!”

 

The deer chuckled at the funny gesture. “I thought so.”

 

Jessica smiled back before frowning seconds later. “But why Seohyun? I mean, don’t get me wrong. She’s a great girl. But why go with the person that you know you would have endless bickering with for the rest of the night?”

 

“Yah,” Yoona sniggered. “Seohyun and I are not always like that. Yes, we fight a lot, but she’s still my best friend. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with two friends going to the dance together.” A dreamy smile appeared on her face as she thought of her crush. “Besides, the night is going to be long. Even if she’s my date, it doesn’t mean that we’ll be glued to each other. Who knows?” She turned to the golden-haired. “I might ask your hand for a dance.”

 

Jessica’s eyes instantly filled with twinkles. “Promise?” She held out her right pinky.

 

Yoona didn’t respond at once. She raised her brow. “What are you? 5?”

 

“YAH!”

 

“I’m kidding.” She said in between her giggles as she rubbed her arm from the smack she just got. Yoona fondly beamed back and locked her finger with Jessica’s. “Promise~”



*****

 

“Save your last dance for me.” The words came out more like a demand than a request.

 

“Hm?”

 

“I want you to have your last dance with me.” Yuri looked straight into her best friend’s eyes. “Can I have your word on that?”



Seohyun kept her mum. She just stared at Yuri. The young writer was bewildered by her best friend’s behavior for the past few days. Yuri had been showing her affectionate side a little too drastic. Seohyun couldn’t help but to think that the tanned girl acted like she had finally saw her as a girl, rather than just a best friend; something that Seohyun was hoping to see in Yuri many months ago.

These days, Yuri would praise Seohyun’s beauty constantly and kept saying that she could make any people who received her love the happiest in the world. The way she acted, the way she said those words; it was like she wanted to be that person. Could it be that her best friend has developed some kind of romantic feelings for her?! Seohyun shrugged at the preposterous thought.

 

“Sure~”



*****

 

“So, let’s start with page 92?”

 

“Scene 35 it is.” Yoona moved a few steps back and then acted like she just barged into a room.

 

Jessica widened her eyes. “Arabella?! What are you doing here?!”

 

“To stop you from making the biggest mistake of your life.”

 

“Get out!”

 

“What has gotten into you?!” Yoona held onto Jessica’s shoulders.

 

Jessica harshly yanked those hands off her. “You don’t know anything!” She walked away.

 

Yoona swiftly gripped the latter’s wrist and faced her. “Enlighten me, then!”

 

“I don’t have to explain anything to you!”

 

The doe-eyed girl paused for a moment before quietly muttered. “You don’t love him, Evelyn.”

 

Jessica scoffed. “What do you know about love?”

 

“I know what I felt when we first kissed under the fireworks.”

 

“That kiss never happened!”

 

“No?!” Yoona gritted her teeth. “Then what about this one?” She dashed ahead and placed her hand at the back of Jessica’s head as she leaned forward to plant a deep kiss onto the soft lips. However, a soft slap met her cheek before she could do anything.

 

“I said get out, Bella!”

 

Yoona bit her lip, acting as if she was hurt from the previous hit. “You said that we’ll be together forever.” She murmured under her breath.

 

Jessica’s face immediately softened. “I…” Tears started to load inside the blonde’s eyes. “I have no choice.” Her voice cracked at those words.

 

“Yes, you do! Yes, you do! It is I who don’t have a choice because I can’t help but to fall in love with you.” Yoona ran her hand through the golden hair. “Why are you doing this to me, Evie?”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“I don’t want you to apologize. I just want to hear you say that you are mine.” Yoona caressed the latter’s cheek and whispered. “That you’ll always be mine.”

 

Jessica leaned towards the tender touch. She then looked up to meet the enchanting doe eyes. “There’s not a single day pass by when my heart isn’t yours~”



Yoona was amazed at Jessica’s acting skill. Every word that came out from felt real. It was as if the blonde was really longing for her love. It felt…too real~

Jessica’s heart fluttered as she said the last words. Hearing Yoona; or her character to be exact, asking for her love brought shivers down to her spine. How she wished that there were no roles to be played at the moment. She loved how close their faces were. If it weren’t for the fact that Yoona would totally freak out, she would have devoured the deer’s lips in a blink.

Both girls were in silent. Yoona didn’t know whether it was because of the tensions in the room or that she was living in the moment, but she could feel that both of them were drowning in each other’s eyes. She knew that it was her turn to speak but her mind was clouded by the splendor before her.

The deer came back to her senses after God knows how long. The unspoken stares that she had with Jessica earlier made her forget her lines. She stole a glance on her script that she had been holding all along. As soon as she saw what was written, a nervous gulp went down .

 

Jessica noticed the worry on Yoona’s face. “Yoong?”

 

“We…uh…”

 

She held up her own script. Jessica froze. Her heart was screaming in glee. She tried to hide her smirk. “You’re supposed to kiss me now.”

 

“Y-Yeah.”

 

“It’s okay.” Jessica smiled as she stepped closer. She seized Yoona’s hands and placed them around her own waist. “It’s not like we haven’t done it before.”



The whisper didn’t help Yoona’s raced heartbeats to slow down. Not a bit! She could feel her body shaking when Jessica closed her eyes, as if the beauty was waiting for her next move. She was puzzled on how the blonde would always have that kind of effect on her.

Yoona swallowed hard before leaning forward. She closed her doe eyes, praying that it could ease her nerves. However, just as their lips slightly brushed against each other, she was alarmed by the situation.

 

“I can’t.” The words were barely heard as the deer took a few steps back.

 

Jessica bit her lip. Her eyes showed nothing but hurt. “Why?”

 

“I just can’t. You’re,” Yoona wiped the cold sweat at the back of her neck. “You’re Yuri’s girlfriend.”

 

The blonde beauty silently scoffed. She was getting annoyed at the fact that her girlfriend would always be the reason why Yoona kept holding back. “We kissed before, Yoona.” The statement came out a little too harsh.

 

“It’s different. That was for a good cause.”

 

“And this is for a play!” Jessica had enough. “A play that we both have worked hard for to be in.”

 

“Yuri won’t be pleased if she finds out about our kiss scene.”

 

“To hell with that!” The blonde snapped. “She has nothing to do with this. This is our thing!”

 

Yoona was shocked at the sudden outburst. “Sica–”

 

“Yoong,” Jessica walked nearer as her voice softened. “We’re acting this out. You of all people should know that. You’re not the one who’s going to kiss me, Arabella is.” She slithered her fingers along the smooth jaw line before her. “And right now, you’re her.”

 

The deer was mesmerized by the sweet diminishing voice. “But–”

 

“Get into her shoes, Yoona. Feel what she feels.” As soon as Jessica was sure that Yoona was slowly absorbed into her character, she continued. “Now tell me. Why are you here?”

 

“Because I heard that Evely–” Yoona corrected herself. “That you are going to marry someone else.”

 

“Good.” Jessica smiled in satisfaction. Yoona was totally in her character by then. “How does that make you feel?”

 

She clenched her fist. “Disgusted!”

 

“And why is that?”

 

“Because I love you.” Yoona fixed her gaze inside Jessica’s eyes. “You’re supposed to be with me.”

 

Jessica silently gasped at the demanding gesture. Though it came out from ‘Bella’, she still felt giddy inside. She quickly played her role back before got carried away. “Now that you know my heart still beats for you,” The blonde leisurely rubbed her nose against Yoona’s. “What are you going to do about it?” Her voice diminished.



Yoona didn’t even bother to respond. Instead, she crushed her lips against Jessica’s own. The blonde slowly put her hands on her shoulders and as if on cue, Yoona encircled hers around the girl’s waist.

Soft.

Sweet.

Quiet.

Both girls pulled away for a second. Jessica smiled at the fact that Yoona didn’t look nervous even the slightest bit as she was earlier, and then took it upon herself to see how much she could do before the latter snapped out of her character. Tracing her finger along the side of the deer’s face, she leaned in again, this time for a steamier, more passionate kiss.

As an end to it, she gently held on to Yoona’s bottom lip and bit on it, pulling it in the most playful ways, and then finally let it slipped out from her grasp. She let out a deep whimper after this and she could feel Yoona leaned her head in to hers as the deer was still roaming in a land that existed between fiction and reality.

 

“I love you~” Yoona whispered as she kissed the blonde again. This time, slipping her tongue between Jessica’s thin lips, letting it rest there for just a few seconds before pulling it out.



Yoona gently pushed her head upwards, as to gain access to Jessica’s neck, which she lightly and placed butterfly smooches on as she ran her fingers down the centre of the blonde’s back. Jessica was enjoying every touch that she had been showered with. She tightened her grip around Yoona’s neck as she knew she would have fallen onto the floor if she didn’t, due to her trembled knees.

 

“Yoongie~” Jessica moaned as she softly bit the latter’s shoulder; her way of making the deer hers.



Hearing her own name instead of her character’s, Yoona finally snapped. She quickly freed herself from the little ‘explorations’ the girls just had, leaving the latter breathless from their hot encounter. The deer stared at the blonde with a shock expression, as if she had seen a ghost. She went to a frantic state all of a sudden.

 

“Oh God, oh God, oh God!” Yoona clutched her hair tight. “I’m so sorry, Sica.”

 

Jessica finally grasped the situation. She went closer but the latter was avoiding her on purpose. She sighed at Yoona’s guilt. “It’s okay.” Another attempt was made. This time Jessica managed to hold the deer’s hands. “Hey, look at me.” She brought the latter’s chin up. “Don’t be sorry. We just got carried away, that’s all. We have done nothing wrong.”

 

“I don’t know what came into me.”

 

“You were just playing a character, Yoona. Both of us were.”

 

Yoona was still mad at herself. “Believe me, I don’t mean to take advantage of you.”

 

“You didn’t.” Jessica the deer’s hair to help her calm.

 

“P-Please don’t tell Yuri about this. I’ll hate myself if she gets the wrong idea.” Yoona pleaded.

 

It amazed Jessica on how Yoona would still think about not letting her best friend’s down in a time like then. “You have my word.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Jessica shyly bit her lips for what she was about to ask. “S-Should we rehearse some more?”

 

Yoona was taken aback by the suggestion. How can she be so cool with what just happened?! “I think I should probably be going now.” She was fast to make her move. “I’ll see you at school, okay.”

 

“But Yoon–” Jessica didn’t quite have the chance to say anything since the deer had already left the room. Sigh~



_____*_____


Yoona pressed the doorbell once again. Her mind was in daze.

 

You were just playing a character~


 

Jessica’s words echoed inside her head like a broken reco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter