Chapter 10

Krazy Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 10



[Drama Club]


Jessica peeked inside the room and immediately grinned. Looked like forcing herself to wake up an hour in advance didn’t go down the drain after all. She was one of the first to come.

The blonde tip-toed her way behind a certain sitting deer. The girl was too engrossed in listening to her iPod, that only an earthquake would shake her up. Jessica smirked as the little choding inside of her decided to make its debut.

 

“Hey stranger!” Jessica raised her voice as she encircled her arms around the slender neck from behind.

 

“What the–” Startled; Yoona stood up in a swift move, causing the ‘culprit’ to fall on her back. “Oh my God!”

 

“Ow!”

 

“Gosh, are you okay?” The taller girl put her gadget aside and quickly helped the blonde.

 

Jessica gripped the offered hand in front of her and pulled her body up. “Did you think I’m a ghost or something?!” She said as she rubbed her sore .

 

“No, worst. I thought you were a !” Yoona led her close friend to the chairs. “You scared me to death, you know that?!”

 

Jessica just flashed a sheepish smile in respond. As Yoona was putting back on her earphones, she quickly whipped one of them off and placed it in her left ear. “’Endless Love’?!” She raised an eyebrow. “Seriously?”

 

“What? I can be romantic.” A tine beam curled into her lips.

 

“Sounds about right~” Jessica muttered under her breath. She gazed at the girl sitting opposite her. It was amazing how she could never grow tired of those charming doe eyes. Too bad she couldn’t see them. “Yoong?”

 

“Hm?” The doe eyes were obsessed with the floor.

 

“Are you still thinking about our kiss the other day?”

 

The platonic question made Yoona to look up. She widened her eyes. “W-What are you talking about?!”



In fact, the blonde had hit the jackpot. The kiss was indeed still lingering inside Yoona’s mind. It refused to go away. She was getting frustrated with herself. It was supposed to be simple; kiss, get the money, end of story.

Right?

Wrong!

How she wished it would be that straightforward. Why did she have to think about it all the time?! It felt like she was cheating on Seohyun; though there was nothing official being said between them, and worst; betraying her own best friend. Yoona hated it. She hated the kiss!

….She hated that she liked it~

 

“Oh, come on! Why else would you be awkward around me these past few days?” Jessica secretly grinned at the shy girl who was lowering her head. She thought that it was very cute of Yoona to show her timid side. “See? You won’t even look at me in the eye!”

 

“I beg to differ!” Yoona faked a secured tone.

 

“Yeah, that’s really convincing.” The sarcasm in her voice was obvious. “I don’t know why it bothered you so much. We clearly did it for the trip.” She teased.

 

“I know that!”

 

“Then, why are you like this?” The thought of Yoona being anxious about their kiss somehow made Jessica’s heart quivered. She loved how the deer could be affected by her. However, she frowned seconds later as a cloud of insecurity suddenly hit her head. “Was it bad?”

 

“Huh?” Yoona was surprised at the abrupt gloomy voice.

 

“The kiss,” Jessica pouted like a kid. “Was it that bad?!” It terrified her to think that her first real kiss with Yoona was a disaster for the latter.

 

“No! No! No!” Yoona quickly shook her head. “It was good! You were good. Really good~” Her voice was diminishing as she fondled her hands nervously. Seeing the flushed face on the blonde, she finally realized what she had just said. “W-What I meant…Well…It’s not like it mattered of anything…Wait…Of course it mattered to me…N-No, I mean…” She heaved a deep sigh instead of finishing her ramblings.

 

Jessica bit her lip with exhilaration in her heart. If it wouldn’t for her sanity, she would’ve have started a make-out session with her crush right about then. “Im Yoona,” She suddenly had a naughty gaze as she leaned forward. “Did you; by any chance, enjoy it?” Her voice was soft. A flirty kind, that is.

 

Yoona swore her jaw must have been dropped upon hearing the question. “E-Excuse me?!” Her face reddened.

 

“You did, didn’t you?!” Jessica loved the teasing moment to the max.

 

“No, I didn’t!”

 

“Oh, yes you did!”

 

“I DID NOT!”

 

“You’re blushing!”

 

“YAH!” Yoona hated to be vulnerable. “I’ve always had rosy cheeks, okay!”

 

“Oh?” The blonde smirked mischievously. “How silly of me not to notice your natural pink cheeks before~”

 

The deer sighed in defeat. “Sica, I’m just–”

 

“Is this about Yuri?”

 

Yoona wrinkled her forehead. She never failed to be amazed by how Jessica could always see right through her. It was like the girl knew her inside-out. “W-Well,”

 

“So, it is.” A hint of disappointment emerged in her respond. Again, their moment was interrupted by the same name. “Then you can stop feeling guilty. She seems to be okay with it.”

 

Was it possible for her jaw to drop even lower at this point? “She knows?!”

 

“Of course.” The voice was too calm. “I told her everything. I am; after all, her girlfriend.”

 

The doe-eyes began to knead on her temple. Yuri’s normal behavior towards her in the past couple of days somehow bewildered her. How can she be so cool with it?! “W-What did she say exactly?”

 

“Well,” Her back was against the chair. “She’s not a fan of what happened, that’s for sure.”

 

“Obviously.”

 

“But, I made it clear that our intention was to help raising the money for KRAZE. And that’s that.”

 

“That’s it?!” Yoona stared at the blonde in disbelief. “You said that and she’s fine with the whole thing?!”

 

“I have my way~” Jessica smiled. “So, can you please stop being awkward about us kissing already?”

 

“Well, since Yuri doesn’t feel weird about it–”

 

“She doesn’t.”

 

Yoona slowly nodded. “Glad to know.”

 

“Yeah. Are we cool, then?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Glad to know.” Jessica grinned. She bit her lip seconds later and smirked. “So,” The blonde sent flirty stares to the deer. “I was really good, huh?”

 

Yoona couldn’t help but chuckled. “Drop it.”

 

“What?” Jessica let out a tiny evil laugh. “Can’t I just boast on my kissing skill?”

 

“Pssh~” Yoona scoffed. “The only reason you could brag right now, is because I didn’t show what I can really do the other day.”

 

“Well, maybe next time you could show me how good you really are.” The reply came out naturally from the blonde.

 

Yoona was about to throw a witty respond when it was her lips’ turn to curl into a mischief smirk. She purposely cleared . “Um…next time?” Her brows were raised.

 

The grins on Jessica’s face faded instantly. She couldn’t believe she let her tongue to slip her inner desire out loud. “W-What I meant was…uh…W-Well…”

 

“Jung Jessica,” Yoona leaned forward, imitating what the blonde did a while ago. “Are you; by any chance, implying that there will be a next time for us?”

 

“I…uh…”

 

“Hm, that’s odd.”

 

“W-What is?” Jessica pursed her lips.

 

Yoona’s gaze was firm. “I didn’t know your cheeks are naturally pink too~”

 

Jessica felt like her heart was going to explode at any moment; in a good way, of course. She averted her eyes and quickly rose from her seat. “You know what? I just realize that I forgot to…um…bring my notes. I’ll,” She anxiously cleared . “I should get them~” With a flushed face, she rapidly went out as a huge giddy grin curled into her lips.



==============================================================================================================


Days later~

[School – Home Economics Room]

 

“Yah! Yah! Yah!” Yoona yelled as she was being dragged in the hallway. “What’s the rush?!”

 

“Nothing. I’m just too excited!” Seohyun replied. She let the latter go when they reached inside the classroom. “Ta-da!” She spread her arms.

 

Yoona scanned the things on the table; neatly arranged. She instantly raised her brows. “You’re excited for mixed flour?”

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes. “No, idiot!” She faced the deer. “You,” An evil smirk appeared on her lips. “are going to help me to bake some cupcakes.”

 

“Say what?!”

 

“You heard me.”

 

“But I’ve never even bake one before!” Yoona pouted.

 

“Neither do I.” Her answer was simple. Seohyun raised a paper next to the ingredients. “That’s why we have this.”

 

“Woah, wait a second. What is this for again?” The clueless deer never really questioned Seohyun for ‘stealing’ her during the shikshin-meeting she had earlier.

 

“Our New York trip, of course.” Her eyes sparkled.

 

“But I thought we already have that covered. Didn’t Miss Kim say that the ‘Car-Wash’ event was a huge hit?”

 

“I know that.”

 

“Then,” Yoona wore suspicion eyes. “Why are you doing this?”

 

“Well, you can never know what’s going to happen once we got there. It’s safe to have some extra cash in our hands. Consider it as the back-up support.”

 

Sometimes, Yoona just forgot how the girl in front of her was so practical, that she would always think one; probably even five, step ahead of other people. “Mind telling me your plan?”

 

Seohyun beamed like a child. “Tomorrow, KRAZE will have its first ever bake sale!”

 

“Excuse me?! A bake sale?!”

 

“Yep~”

 

“So, earlier when you said that you want my help to bake SOME cupcakes, you basically meant…” Yoona eyed Seohyun with such force, hoping to hear not more than a two-digit number.

 

“Around…” Seohyun stared back. “500?”

 

Yoona nearly fell off her stool. “Are you freaking crazy?!”

 

“Oh, come on.” Seohyun chuckled. “It’s not that hard. The recipe is here, so all we have to do now is–”

 

“We are going to be here all night, aren’t we?” Yoona slumped her face on the table as the weak voice came out.

 

“Not quite. According to this,” Seohyun examined the instructions on the piece of paper. “A batch takes about 20-25 minutes to fully-baked. So, since I’m thinking of making mini cupcakes, it means–”

 

“It’ll take longer than that.”

 

“Yah!” Seohyun rolled her eyes. “How can you be this bad in simple calculations?!” She straightened herself up as if she was going to give a talk in a lecture hall. “The cupcakes that we are going to bake are half the size of regular cupcakes. With that being said, we just need around 13 min–”

 

“With you as the main baker; trust me, we would probably need at least two hours before we can even place the first batch in the oven.” Yoona smirked.

 

Seohyun flashed a glare. “What is that supposed to mean?! Are you saying that I don’t even know how to blend the ingredients?!”

 

“I’m saying that you’re predictable. You tend to over think stuff.”

 

“No, I don’t!” The puffed-cheeks quickly denied, though her mind was screaming that th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter