Chapter 17

Krazy Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 17



[KRAZE Room]

 

“What about this?”

 

Jessica examined the picture on the monitor. “Nah, I like the previous ones more. Take a look at it again, please?”

 

“Yeah, sure.”



As Yoona was searching for the earlier images, Jessica on the other hand, had a fixed gaze on the deer. The stunning features of the angelic face unconsciously made her smile.

Ever since the confession, there was nothing major happened between them. Life went on just like every other normal day. And that was exactly how Jessica intended it to be; slowly building up on their relationship, without pressuring one another. However, it couldn’t be denied that the blonde still had high hopes. Just the thought of making Yoona hers, made her heart trembled.

 

“Are these the pict–” Yoona tilted her head but instantly smirked when the latter swiftly averted her stare elsewhere. “Were you staring at me?”

 

Acting like a cool girl that she is, Jessica just; of course, scoffed. “Pfft, no.”

 

“Huh.” Yep, the mischief grin was not going anywhere. “So, what were you doing just now?”

 

“I…well,” How the blonde wished she could bury the flushed face of hers. “I was um,” She turned to the monitor. “I was browsing the pictures with you.” The words, however, came out a little bit too quickly.

 

“With your eyes looking at my direction? Wow, that’s one great talent you have there, Jessica Jung.”

 

“Oh, shut up.” Jessica nudged Yoona’s side.

 

Yoona just giggled in response. “Tell me something.” She looked at Jessica straight in the eyes. “Since when does Miss Flirty become Miss Shy?”

 

“Yah!” Jessica’s eyes widened at such ‘accusation’. “I was not flirty, okay!”

 

“Oh, you so were too!”

 

“I was not– You know what, whatever!” Jessica crossed her arms and sulked at her seat.

 

Yoona paused for a while before scooting her chair closer to Jessica’s. She smiled when the latter refused to even react. “Hey.” She brought Jessica’s chin up to face her. “I’m sorry, okay.”

 

Jessica met the sparkling doe eyes. “I was not flirty.” She said those words with a tiny pout.

 

“Okay, you were not.” Yoona chuckled. “You’re just a very cute kid who can’t stand a little teasing every now and then.”

 

“YAH!”

 

Yoona giggled as she rubbed the sting spot on her arm from the pinch she just received. She then turned her head at the squeaking sound of the door. “Oh, you’re here?”

 

“Have you picked the pictures for our next issue?” Yuri pulled a chair in front of the pair and sat down.

 

“Yep.”

 

“Great. I think we can get it all done tomorrow.”

 

“Tomorrow?” Yoona pursed her lips. “Um, I don’t think I can make it.”

 

“Oh, right. You have th–”

 

Yuri meddled in before Jessica could even finish. “Why not?”

 

Yoona was somehow stunned. “Didn’t Seohyun tell you?”

 

“Tell me what?”

 

“She and I are going to meet up for the Floral Project.”

 

“No.” Yuri paused and scrunched her brows. “I know nothing about that.” Disappointment was apparent in the soft voice.



For a short moment, silence surrounded the whole space. Awkward? Definitely. Yuri didn’t know what to think. Was the meeting with Yoona not important that Seohyun didn’t feel to even mention it to her? But they were then a couple, and couples tell each other about everything.

To think about it, Yuri then realized that Seohyun barely talked to her about what’s been happening in her life. It was always her who did the talk and Seohyun would just nod or gave little comments every now and then.

Seohyun seemed to be distant ever since they’ve been together. Was she having a second thought on the relationship? Yuri quickly shrugged at the notion. What was she thinking? Seohyun loves her and the girl was just adjusting herself in the new environment of being somebody’s girlfriend. They were after all, a new couple. Yes, that must be it. There was no other reason for Seohyun to just shut down on their relationship….right?


_____*_____


[Mall]

 

“What are these doing here?” Yoona held up some packs of chocolate bars in her hand.

 

“They are for later, of course.”

 

A pair of derided doe eyes was looking straight at Jessica. “We are making mac and cheese.”

 

“Aah.” Jessica bit her lip in embarrassment. “Well,” She swiftly grabbed the bars and put it back inside the trolley. “I like my macaroni and cheese a little…chocolaty~”

 

Yoona chuckled at the remark. “You’re not that great at cooking, are you?”

 

Jessica couldn’t help but giggled. She then linked their arms together. “What can I say? I’m too hot for it. Besides, that’s what you are here for anyway.”

 

“Need I remind you tha–”


 

BANG!!



Both Yoona and Jessica snapped at the sudden bump. Too immersed in the conversation, they nearly fell when their trolley collided with another one at front. Yoona was about to apologize to whoever it was when she then widened her eyes upon looking at the very familiar person.

 

“Unnie?!”

 

Tiffany met the doe eyes finally. “Yoong?”

 

“What are you doing here? Wait, what am I saying? Sorry, it’s a stupid question. Of course you want to buy some things. I mean, it’s obvious–” Yoona’s rambling stopped when the blonde at her side cleared . “Oh, sorry.” She nervously smiled. “Uh…Fany unnie, this is Jessica. Jessica, Tiffany.” Yoona went back and forth the two girls.

 

“Hi. You’re Seohyun’s sister, right?”

 

Tiffany grabbed the extended hand. “Yeah. I’ve heard a lot about you from Juhyun.”

 

“Not anything bad, I hope.”

 

“Oh no, of course not. She adores you.” Tiffany put on her eye-smiles.

 

Jessica let out a tiny laugh. “I’m glad.”



And then there were silence. The girls froze at their spots, sending sheepish smiles to one another. Especially for Yoona, the atmosphere had ‘uncomfortable’ written all over it. Ever since the unfortunate incident, Tiffany and her hadn’t been in touch. How could they? Yes, everything that went off between Seohyun and Yoona had nothing to do with Tiffany. But seriously, how could they just act normal without being awkward? However, Yoona felt that there was an end to everything.

 

“Sica, can you please grab some…uh…some marshmallows for me?”

 

“Marshmallows?! I didn’t know you should put them in the dish.”

 

“Um, that’s just for me.” Yoona struggled to hide her grin.

 

“Oh.” Paused. “I knew that.” The blonde shamefacedly chuckled. “Be back in a sec!”

 

Tiffany waited until Jessica was out of the sight before turning her attention back to the doe eyes. “So, that’s Jessica?”

 

“Yep.” Yoona unconsciously smiled. “That’s Jessica.”

 

“Are you two,” Tiffany had random gestures on her hand; hoping that Yoona would understand what she was trying to imply.

 

“Oh, no, no,” Indeed she did. “We’re just close like that.”

 

“I see.”

 

“So,” It was about time to crack the wall. “How have you been, unnie?”

 

“Honestly?”

 

“If you wish.”

 

Tiffany sighed. “I miss having you around in the house, Yoong.”

 

Yoona could only smile. “I miss spending time with you too.”

 

“Ugh, I don’t know how to do this. I hate it!”

 

“Do what?”

 

“Being around you, of course. I mean, let’s face it. I love you, but Juhyun’s my sister. Although technically, whatever happened right now was because of that idiot girl; which I apologize on her behalf, I know she shouldn’t have done what she did, but how can I leave my sister and just–”

 

“Woah, woah. Breathe, unnie.” Yoona giggled at the rapid rambling. Sighs were heard seconds later. “I understand.”

 

“I don’t want to side with anybody, Yoong.”

 

“It’s okay if you do.”

 

“But I don’t want to!” Tiffany exhaled deeply. “I know Juhyun’s my sister, but I also want you to know that I don’t think what she did was fair. I just hope that you won’t be too mad at her.”

 

“I was. But then, I realized that when it comes to heart, there’s nothing you can do about it. It’s either you feel it or not. I just need more time to grasp that, I guess.”

 

Tiffany stared at the angelic face. “Are you sure that Juhyun’s heart is not for you?” She softly asked.

 

“It’s pretty clear, don’t you think? She made her choice, unnie.” Her doe eyes were gloomy. “And it’s not me.”

 

“Still, I wish that Juhyun would handle things differently.”

 

“Me too.”

 

Somehow, the older girl felt the pain in the tone. “Just so you know, I’m still rooting for you. Juhyun seems a lot happier when the two of you were together.”

 

Yoona let out a tiny chuckle at the remark. “Thank you. I really appreciate it.”

 

“So,” Tiffany nervously gulped. “Are we okay? Because I’m not very good at being awkward around you.”

 

“Of course, unnie.” Yoona smiled and pulled the black-haired for a hug. “Being awkward around you is not really my thing too.”

 

“Good.” Tiffany tightened their embrace and the girl’s back. Keep holding on, Yoong. I’m sure Juhyun will come around eventually~



______*______


Hours later~

[Seo Residence]

 

“It’s not like I don’t want to t–”

 

“Then, why did you do it?! Is it so hard to tell me?!”

 

“It’s just a project, Yul. It’s for school.”

 

“Look, all I know, you have to tell me about everything after this.”

 

“Why?”

 

“BECAUSE I SAID SO!”

 

“Excuse me?!” Seohyun raised her brows.

 

“You’re my girlfriend and you’re going to listen to every word I say. Period!”

 

“Just beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter