When you go on holiday, you miss a lot

We Are One

Wanted to post the next chapter before I went back to uni o(╥﹏╥)o I really don't want to go back, I was enjoying the free time too much. But all good things must come to an end. Anyway enough about my life, enjoy :)


 

It had been about a month since the scandal and fans were still boycotting SM causing SM's stocks to rapidly fall. During their month off, the EXO members did various things. They all went to visit their families for a couple of days and caught up with the latest goings on with their friends. Kyungsoo finally went backpacking and allowed Joonmyun to come with him much to the other member's displeasure. Jongin went around all the dog shelters in Seoul with the help of Jongdae and donated generous amounts to all of them and played with all the dogs there. He also ate chicken every day until Jongdae began regulating his diet because he started having health problems. Jongdae went on road trips with his friends. Chanyeol went to work in his mother's restaurant to improve his cooking skills. But that only lasted a week before he accidentally set his apron on fire and his mother told him to get out before he killed himself. After that he began composing so seriously that he created 2 full length albums. Sehun spent most of his time shopping and having fun with his friends. He also secretly learning how to make bubble tea so he doesn't have to keep wasting Joonmyun's money on buying it. Baekhyun spent most of his time in the spa to relax himself. He then began retaking hapkido classes.

 

All the members also went to China on the pretext of seeing a Shinee concert. They did indeed go see the concert but afterwards they used the back entrance of Freedom's hotel to go see their past members. A lot of hugging and crying had ensued when all the members finally reunited as 12 for the first time in 4 years. Zitao clung on to Joonmyun and Sehun and the 3 of them sat squashed in one armchair. Jongdae sat on Yixing's lap on the bed and allowed Lu Han to stoke his hair. Jongin was lying down with his head on Lu Han's lap and his feet on Minseok's. Kyungsoo was leaning against Minseok with his head on his shoulder. Yifan and Chanyeol sat on the floor with Baekhyun perched on Yifan's lap. They talked about a lot of things but eventually Jongdae spoke up about the video.

 

"Did you guys see the viral video of me getting slapped by our manager?" Jongdae asked.

 

All of Freedom's members froze before Yixing answered. "Yeah we did."

 

"It happened right in front of you, do you happen to know who took it?"

 

Zitao raised his hand. "It was me gege." He began to get teary and Joonmyun started his back comfortingly. "The world needed to know how you are treated. I'm sorry if I made things worse."

 

Jongdae smiled. "Nah. We got a holiday because of that sandal. If you didn't take that video and put it online, we wouldn't be here."

 

There was a comfortable silence, as they acknowledged Jongdae's words, before Baekhyun decided to break it.

 

"How's promotions going?" asked Baekhyun as he snuggled deeper into Yifan's chest.

 

Yifan his back. "It's great. We're a lot less awkward because this is technically the second time around we're debuting as a group. The reception from the fans and the media have been great. We have a really great security team to keep out all the crazy fans without hurting them or us. The company also forces us to get enough sleep, makes sure we are well rested and well fed so we can keep performing."

 

Joonmyun slowly got out of the armchair, leaving the maknaes, who had fallen asleep, to cuddle. "Seems like you're living the life."

 

"We really are." Lu Han said with an honest smile.

 

Jongdae shook his head. "I should've left when you guys did." he said with regret.

 

None of the other EXO members said anything. They weren't offended, Jongdae was an EXO M member and he missed his past members. EXO K fills the gap they left well but not well enough and they all accept that as a fact. If there was an opportunity for him to be with his past members, they'd let him go, they'd be sad about it but they would let him go.

 

"If you left you wouldn't have had a solo album." reminded Yixing as he rested his chin on Jongdae's shoulder.

 

"Yes but I could've been part of this group."

 

"We're a mandopop group, Jongdae-ya." Yifan stated. "And Luhan hates flying-"

 

"Hey I'm getting therapy for my fear of height!" protested Luhan.

 

"Really? That's great hyung." Kyungsoo said.

 

Yifan cleared his throat. "You would get terribly homesick because we have very little activity in South Korea. Minseok is older than you and can cope with it but even he can be prone to small bouts of homesickness."

 

"It's true. I can sure to contact my family regularly, they are very understanding, especially because I'm able to contact them more now." Minseok said. "If you manage to leave SM, you can take my place in the group."

 

Jongdae frowned. "What do you mean?"

 

"Minnie, needs to go for military service in a year and half." explained Lu Han. "He'll be gone for 2 and half years, so you could fill in for him until he comes back. Then you can do your military service and we'll work something out with our sajan-nim by the time you come back."

 

Jongdae looked at Joonmyun. "Your contract ends in another 4 years, I don't think you can take Umin hyung's place."

 

"Unless I file a lawsuit." argued Jongdae.

 

"You file a lawsuit and then join another group. Do you really think you'd win?"

 

Minseok sensed an argument coming on so he intercepted. "Well you have about a year to figure something out. I'm sure you'll think of something."

 

Kyungsoo looked at the clock and tried to nudge Jongin awake. "It's nearly 5 am, we need to sneak back out. We're due at airport at 9. We need to get back to our hotel and get dressed."

 

The beagles groaned and got off people's laps. Minseok and Lu Han joined in the effort to wake Jongin up. Yixing helped Joonmyun untangle the two maknaes who were sleeping in the armchair. Baekhyun hoisted Chanyeol up, who fell asleep on the floor, with the help of Yifan.

 

Once the members were awake or up, they managed to sneak out of Freedom's hotel and into their own one. They quickly got dressed, headed to the airport and went back to the dorm once they landed in Seoul. It seemed like some of the Super Junior members were waiting for them.

 

"Not to be rude, hyung, but how did you get into our dorm?" asked Joonmyun.

 

"Siwon flirted with your doorman." said Leeteuk.

 

"But our doorman's a man." said Chanyeol which prompted Kyungsoo to slap the back of his head.

 

"We know." Donghae replied.

 

The EXO members eyes widened with understanding and they all simultaneously said; "Ohhhh."

 

"We're here because we need to do something about the company." Leeteuk said. "Stocks have been falling continuously because the fans have been boycotting SM. SM will soon go bankrupt and we'll all be jobless unless we intervene."

 

"I assume you have a plan." Joonmyun said as he took a seat.

 

"Actually, Kangta hyung and Boa came up with it."

 

"Why do they care?" Sehun blurted out, earning himself a slap to the back of the head from Kyungsoo.

 

"I think what Sehun means is, any other companies would take them in a heartbeat so why should they mind if SM falls to ruins." explained Baekhyun.

 

"They want to take over the company. They want to run it themselves. Starting up a company from scratch is hard, taking over a well oiled machine is easier, especially if it's as corrupt as this one."

 

"No offence to the sunbae's but do they even know how to run a company?" asked Chen.

 

"Do you really care as long as Youngmin is gone?" asked Kyuhyun.

 

Chen was thoroughly convinced. "Point taken. What do we do?"

 

"Hold up." Joonmyun stood up. "You're telling me that Kangta hyung and Boa noona want to backstab sajan-nim to take over the company and they don't even know how to run it? This sounds like a very bad idea."

 

"Oh don't be a wet cloth Joon-ah. Besides we never said they don't know how to run a company, we just asked if you cared." Kyuhyun said cheekily.

 

Leeteuk took over before an argument could start. "Look this is going to happen whether you help us or not. All the idols in SM are more or less on board. We all want change. EXO are the last to know because you guys were on holiday and this kind of thing is best done face-to-face. We are already on the hunt for lawyers that can help us but we need solid proof, the case needs to be airtight because there is too much on the line."

 

Joonmyun considered his options. On one hand, he did want change from their company but on the other, he could lose his job and he had worked too long and hard to lose his job. He glanced at s and saw his what he should do on each of their faces and there wasn't much Kim Joonmyun wouldn't do for s.

 

 "What do you want us to do?" he asked with determination.

 

He looked around and saw smiles on s faces and knew he had done the right thing.


 

I know that EXO are in London for a variety show and it's very exciting but let's show them all respect and act like proper human beings. I saw accounts of what happened at the airport and as an EXO L and a Londoner, I am appalled. Please remember that they aren't just idols but human beings too. If you see them, please don't stalk them, respect their privacy and personal space. We want them to have fond memories of London and the UK in general so they'll come back more often. Let's not scare them away guys. We are representing the EXO L in the UK and the fandom as a whole, let's leave a good impression.