Scandal

We Are One

I'm back! 


Chen doesn't make another sound as his manager drags him to their dressing room. When they arrive, he all but chucks Chen into the room. Suho looks in their direction and smiles with relief. He rushes towards them.

 

"Chen where have you-"

 

Suho never gets to finish his sentence as a hard slap land across his face. "You should have better control over your members by now Joonmyun, I found him wondering all over the station. What would've happened if I hadn't found him in time? What would you have done?"

 

Joonmyun stands up straight and tries not to let his tears fall even though his eyes have welled up. "I'm sorry Jung-nim, it won't happen again."

 

"It better not, otherwise, you know what will happen." With that, he turn to leave to make sure everything is in place for EXO's performance.

 

 As soon as he leaves, the members rush to Suho, who was still standing there.

 

"Hyung, I am so so sorry!" Chen says as he hugs him tight.

 

Suho doesn't say a word. He just lets the members hug him while silent tears run down his face. After a while, they let go and he wipes away his tears.

 

"It's ok Chen. I knew you might try to see the past members again as I knew they were going to be here today. Did you see them?" Chen nodded hesitantly. "Then the slaps were worth it. Tell us how it went when we get to the dorm, ok? From now, let's just behave a little better, ok guys?" Suho gave them a big smile but there was still sadness in his eyes.

 

The members hearts clenched. Their leader was too kind for his own good. For the sake of Suho, they were on their best behaviour from then on. No one wanted to receive a slap and they certainly didn't want their leader receiving one because of them. They all sat down quietly, not doing anything, until it was time for their performance.

 

Meanwhile, in the empty corridor, Yixing and Lu Han were hugging Zitao tightly. Minseok walked up to them and ruffled his hair fondly causing Zitao to yowl in protest. Yifan watched the display and tried hard not to laugh.

 

"Zitao have I told you how much I love you recently?" Lu Han asked.

 

"No gege you haven't but feel free to start now."

 

Yixing gave him a big sloppy kiss on the cheek causing him to whine. "You're my favourite! Thank God you captured all of that, we can now expose SM and help our brothers escape."

 

"I don't think I captured the beginning. I started filming when his manager said how bratty him and s are."

 

"But you captured the second slap, right?" asked Yifan.

 

"Yeah I did. I even got him saying how he was going to slap Joonmyun hyung."

 

"Great, now here's the plan." Yifan spent a while telling the members what they were going to do regarding the video. He made sure all of them understood the plan before moving on. "We really need to get ready for our performance, it's our debut guys."

 

Both EXO and Freedom's performance went off without a hitch. Both groups received praises but Freedom more so as they managed to pull off an entire album by themselves complete with choreography and concept. 

 

Both groups were leaving the tv station when they bumped into each other. The two groups looked each member in their eyes as different emotions passed between them. This only happened for a split second before their managers herded them out and into their respective cars.

 

The next morning, EXO dressed up in their airport fashion and headed for the airport. All was as it always was; fans came to meet them, security held the fans back, they performed some fan service, accepted some presents and boarded their plane without a hitch. Only when they touched down in Seoul did they notice that something was wrong. The fans at the airport didn't seem happy to see them, in fact they looked angry. The crowds had always been a little rowdy but today it was full of chaos, even with extra backup, the security was having trouble holding them back.

 

"What the hell is going on?!" asked Chanyeol as he was practically carried to the car by the managers. "I know some of our fans can be crazy but this is ridiculous, someone is going to get hurt."

 

They all managed to fill the car before the fans broke the security barrier and surrounded the car. The members all looked at each other before Sehun brought out his phone and started searching for anything that could tell them what this was about.

 

"Did we do something wrong?" asked Jongin.

 

"We were gone one day, we couldn't have done anything to cause this big of a scene." Kyungsoo said as calmly as he could. "Is anyone dating secretly?".

 

A chorus of nos rang in the car.

 

"Anyone gotten drunk outside of the dorm or did drugs?"

 

Another chorus of nos.

 

"Maybe we should get out and ask them to step back and let us leave. Our fans always comply to our wishes when we ask nicely." Suho suggested.

 

"Guys you need to see this." Sehun said expressionlessly as he held up his phone.

 

The members all tried to take a peak of the phone in the cramped car as their managers tried to figure out what was going on and how to deliver crowd control. The phone played a short video. A video of EXO's Chen getting slapped in the face by their manager with harsh words and promises of the same fate to EXO's leader Suho.

 

Chen gasped. The video was very clear, clear shot and audio, that means whoever took the footage must've been very close to where this had happened. There were only 5 other people present when that went down and they were the Freedom members.

 

"It's gone viral." Sehun continued. "It's everywhere. YouTube, Weibo, Instagram, everywhere. It was only released like an hour ago, that's why we didn't know."

 

The rest pulled their phones out.

 

"The fans are outraged." Suho said.

 

"Not just Korean fans, international fans too." interjected Chanyeol.

 

"What's going to happen now?" asked Chen.

 

Kyungsoo shrugged. "SM will probably make up a bull excuse by saying that it wasn't really you. Then they'll make all of us post statements saying it wasn't you. Next they'll hold a press conference and you'll be there assuring the fans that SM doesn't abuse us and that it wasn't you that is in this video." They all stared at Kyungsoo. "What? You know it's true."

 

Before anyone could say anything, the car door was yanked open by Mr Jung. "Jongdae go sit in the other car, you're going to see the CEO. The rest of you are going back to the dorm."

 

The members exchanged a few looks with Chen before he got out of the car and did as the manager asked.

 


 

Not as good as I wanted it to be but I'm going through a bit of a writter's block for this story.