Chapter Three

The eye of the thunderstorm

It is not forbidden for semi-demons to reveal their true identities to earthlings, but they usually prefer not to, because they have all got a real long story to tell, with all the teleportation and all about their heart functioning and what not. Also, most of the time, the human beings just look at them like they are crazy and never took this semi-demon thing seriously, so Donghyuk doesn’t see any point in trying to tell Yura about himself.

“I can’t tell you! You won’t believe me anyways,” Donghyuk states plainly. He tried keeping his cool but having a crazy-looking girl pointing a sharp knife towards him isn’t exactly comforting.

“No, don’t give any more excuses, moron! I will believe you if what you say makes sense. Spill!” Yura glares at Donghyuk.

Donghyuk scratches his head for the hundredth time of the night as he tries to think of a way to end this as quickly and painlessly as possible. He mentally slaps himself for accidentally telling that he came for the book, because if he didn’t, he would have been able to get away by telling Yura that he was going to rob her house. He wanted to just teleport back to hell in Yura’s face, but he did feel sorry for entering her room and reading her book without permission. Donghyuk thinks that Yura at least deserves an explanation, but he was going to sound really stupid. Nah, he will just give it a try. Maybe if this goes well, Yura can become his friend on earth. So Donghyuk makes up his mind, sighs, and finally starts.

“Okay, what I’m going to tell you is going to drive you crazy. Firstly, do you believe in the existence of hell?”

“Wh...What? Don’t try to trick me!” Yura said, although she does believe in the existence of hell, being a supernatural stuff lover and all.

“See! You don’t believe me! So there’s no point in explaining, right? So I can go now, yeah?”

“NO! No, so let’s say I believe in hell. Tell me!”

“Fine. So basically there are semi-demons like myself living in hell, and we have the power to teleport to the earth on rainy days like this. We can’t exactly control where we land at first, but we do have control over which city we want to land in. So I came to Seoul for the first time and landed in your house. By accident, okay? But with practice we can land at the exact spot we want. Then I came across your book and found it interesting so I started reading, then you appeared. BOOM! The end. I am sorry for borrowing your book, so can I go now?”

For about 3 minutes, no one spoke. Donghyuk stared straight into Yura’s eyes, which were looking downwards as she analysed  all those things that Donghyuk has just thrown her way. Her knife was still pointing at Donghyuk, but at least her stance didn’t seem all that threatening anymore. Donghyuk prays and prays that Yura would understand what he just said, and then just accept that and let him go. Finally, after the long, awkward silence, Yura spoke first.

“Semi-demons? That sounds really cool. So... you really did not take anything from my house?” Yura asks.

“What? You actually believe me?” Donghyuk was in awe, this is the first time that a human actually believed him.

“Yeah, I like all those supernatural stuff. So I trust you, because you couldn’t have came in by the windows or the door. Unless you’re lying, then I swear I will cut your head off and throw it out the window. But first, you have got to show me something that proves you are from hell. Oh, how about you teleport to hell now? But make sure you come back, because this isn’t finished.” Yura says.

“You sure?”

“Yeah. Do it now!” Yura demands.

So, Donghyuk teleports back to hell. He feels a funny sensation before landing at what he recognised as his house. Then, he teleports back to Yura’s house.

When he arrives at Yura’s house, what greeted him was a girl with her jaw dropped, excitement shining in her eyes.

“Wow! So it’s true! That was really cool.... Do you have a name?” Yura asks. Although the thunder was still constantly shaking her house, all those were thrown behind as she had always wanted to know more of these supernatural things.

“Duh! I’m Donghyuk. What about you? Wait, I know your name is Park Yura. How about we drop the knife and sit down comfortably then sort all this out?” Donghyuk would really like a cup of hot chocolate milk right now.

“How did you know my name!?” Yura said in awe.

“It was on your laptop, stupid. Now can I please sit down? Don’t you feel tired?”

“Who’s stupid! No. I will sit but you shall continue standing.”

Donghyuk cries a little inside.

“So... what is hell like?” Yura asks.

“As I have known from reading your book, I realise that you human beings have a very wrong perception of hell! It is a really nice place! Not full of spiders or something... “

“Do demons exist?”

“Yeah! My dad is a demon. That’s why I’m a semi.”

“Wow.”

“Yea, cool right?” Donghyuk was starting to enjoy himself as no human being had ever given him so much attention before. He was also glad that Yura was interested in whatever he was telling her.

Yura interrogated Donghyuk all night, her assignments forgotten, the stormy weather forgotten. They have definitely gotten closer and are talking comfortably now.

“Be sure to come back because I still haven’t finish asking! I will treat you some food next time!” Yura says before Donghyuk leaves.

“Sure...” Donghyuk smiles before teleporting off to hell. He was really amazed at how Yura was not at all startled to have a semi-demon in front of her, because to most human beings, the word ‘demon’ really freaks them out for some reason. Donghyuk was glad that he made a friend in Seoul, and he cannot believe it, but he was kind of excited to come back and talk to Yura.

After Donghyuk disappeared, Yura screamed and screamed out of joy. She had always wanted to meet a supernatural being, and then she met Donghyuk. Sometimes she wonders if she was crazy for liking all these things, but she didn’t care anymore, because she is totally enjoying herself. 

 

[A/N: Hello everyone (first author's note hehe) so, I am really really glad that you guys are enjoying the story! I am sorry that this chapter is a bit short, but I promise that the next chapter will be very fun and fluffy! I was smiling to myself when I was writing it XD Please wait for me <3 And I hope that you enjoy reading the story as much as I enjoy writing it =) thanks for reading! xx ]