Chapter Ten

The eye of the thunderstorm

Donghyuk stands straight as a soldier in front of Yura’s door, roses in his hands. He cleared his throat, and took a deep breath.

 

It has been a few days since he has recovered from his fever, and today is the day that he is going to make them- him and Yura, official, or at least try to. He will do his part, which was to confess, and the rest will be up to Yura’s answer. Yes or No? Donghyuk still holds a little fear over Yura’s possible rejection, but no, he cannot let these stupid thoughts change his mind. He already has the roses in his hands anyways. He will do it.

 

He was about to knock on Yura’s door when he heard laughter erupting from the house. Yura’s laughter, and a laughter that belongs.... to a guy? What?

 

Donghyuk’s brows furrowed.

 

“Thanks, Jinhwan, for helping with the project! I really don’t know how to finish it without you, oppa.” Yura’s voice was heard through her not-so-soundproof-door.

 

“Anything for you! Call me over anytime, and I’ll be right here!” The guy, Jinhwan, said. Donghyuk’s eyes widened. Jinhwan was about to leave the house. Donghyuk sneaked to hide behind a pillar, roses still in his hands.

 

A few moments later, footsteps could be heard. Donghyuk heard the lift’s doors opened, and soon closed.

 

He released a sigh of relief, phew. Who was that dude? He thought to himself, feeling a bit hurt that Yura is meeting a guy other than himself. They sounded like they were having so much fun in the house. Also, that guy must be really close to Yura to be invited to her house. Perhaps her classmate? Senior? Donghyuk really didn’t want to think about it, but the probability of him being Yura’s boyfriend kept probing his confused mind.

 

But Yura said she didn’t have a boyfriend. And Donghyuk trusts her.

 

So he went on with his plan.

 

Again, Donghyuk positioned himself in front of Yura’s door, hiding the bunch of red roses behind his back as he knocked on the door.

 

The door opened, “Oh, hey Donghyuk! I didn’t expect you to enter through the front door.” Yura greeted with a smile on his face.

 

“Hey!” Donghyuk greeted with an awkward smile. They entered the house and closed the door.

He fishes out the bunch of roses from behind him, and his face turned the same colour as the roses almost instantly. Oh my, he thinks to himself. With his hands extended awkwardly, Donghyuk smiled sheepishly, “These are for you, Yura!”

 

“Wow, are these for me?” Yura’s eyes widened in shock as she took the roses in her hands. Donghyuk’s thoughts are running like a mad train- does she like it or not? Fortunately, Yura’s expression turns soft and she chirped happily, “They are so beautiful! What are these for?”

 

“These are apologies for not appearing when it was storming a few nights ago, I was sick. I hope you were doing fine with the thunder and without me...  and I... I...” Donghyuk’s face turned bright red. I can’t do this!, he thought to himself. His heart was running like a train.

 

“Oh my, are you feeling okay now?” Yura stared at Donghyuk.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine now.” Donghyuk said, a shy smile decorating his face. Oh my God, he thinks he is going to pass out right on the spot. He still hasn’t asked her the most important question...

 

“Glad to hear that! Thanks for the roses, and Park Yura’s house is glad to welcome you back!” Yura smiled, causing Donghyuk’s heart to flip.

 

“Actually, the roses are also for something else...” Donghyuk said nervously.

 

An awkward silence filled the air as they stared into each other’s eyes.

 

Finally, Donghyuk takes a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

 

“Yura, I know I have met you not long ago, but I really like you. I like your smile, your love for supernatural stuff, your cuteness, your phobia. I like you. And to be honest I don’t know what love feels like, but I think this is it.

 

“When I was in hell, all that I thought about was you. I was worried that you will be angry because I didn’t keep my promise and didn’t come to find you. I was worried that you will forget about me and ... I want to be with you. I think this is what love feels like, this crazy feeling that makes my heart want to melt. Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

His own words echoed in his head, and Donghyuk thought that they sounded like broken syllables. Like alien languages. Did those cheesy words just escape his mouth?

 

“Donghyuk-ah...” Yura stared at Donghyuk, an unreadable expression on her face.  

 

Everything was in slow-motion for Donghyuk, but his heart was still running crazily. What if she says no? What would he do? Would he run away from her house, or maybe teleport back to hell immediately, not willing to face her anymore? Donghyuk felt his nails dig into his sweaty palms nervously. He stared fearfully yet determinedly into Yura’s eyes.

 

“Why not! Sure! I’ll be your girlfriend, Mr Semi-demon.” Donghyuk heard Yura say as he felt arms wrapped around his waist.

 

A smile slowly crept its way up his face as his heart continues to run at its top speed. He was at a loss for words, the kiss scene that he rehearsed so many times in his head is now all forgotten.

 

He did it.

 

He returned the hug by wrapping his own arms around Yura. Inhaling the fresh scent of her hair, he closed his eyes. He felt her heart beating against his own chest, at almost the same speed as himself. Was she that nervous as well?

 

Finally, Yura broke the hug. She held Donghyuk by his shoulders and pushed him against the door.

 

“Kim Donghyuk, my boyfriend.” Yura grinned sweetly at Donghyuk, “I like you too. Everything about you. I like you even though you don’t have any common sense about how things work on earth. I like you even though you cheat other people’s money by paying for food with your fake credit card. I like you even though you at confessing.” Yura giggled.

 

Donghyuk giggled as well.

 

“You like me even though we can only meet on rainy days?”

 

“Yes, even though we can only meet on rainy days, I still like you. Actually, it makes me like you more, because that’s what makes us so special.”

 

“Yes.”

 

Donghyuk closed his eyes as he felt Yura’s soft lips on his own.

 

A perfect fit.

 

 

[A/N: Hello everyone! I am so so so sorry for this late and quite-short chapter, but OMG they are finally official <3 I hope you liked it! I really apologise for this late update as school has just started for me and yeah... I at time management oh well =( Although I may not be able to update as quickly as last time, the story has been planned out and I will definitely finish this, I promise! Please wait for me ^^ oh and happy new year everyone! ]