Chapter Two

The eye of the thunderstorm

“Hmm. It hasn’t been raining for the past week. I like it.” Yura smiled as she tells Jinhwan. It has been a week since the last storm has occurred.

“Yeah, I really prefer this kind of sunny, bright days to stormy ones.” Jinhwan said.

“Oh really? When you were in secondary school you used to pray that it rains everyday! I still remember that I always get pissed at you because of that. You knew I was scared of thunder and you still prayed for storms. Idiot!”

“Hahahah Yura, you are still so cute! You know that I did that for fun right? It is always fun to tease you...” Jinhwan pinched Yura’s cheek. Yura slaps his hand away and pouted.

“Kim Jinhwan, I will kill you one day, okay? You better run away while you still can.”

“Oh please Park Yura, you say that every time and you still haven’t kill me now, so I guess I’m safe, right? Your threats are nothing to me. I think I have heard you say that for about 5000 times since this year started.” Jinhwan sticks out his tongue at Yura.

“.....”

“I’m joking Yura yah!”

“....”

 

They were walking home together after a long day at the university. Jinhwan has known Yura ever since their middle school days, when Jinhwan was a senior of Yura’s at the English Literature and Drama Society. They were both interested in English, and they both live next to each other. They clicked really well, and are the best of friends. What Jinhwan did not know is that Yura used to have a crush on him, when she was 16 and he was 18. Yura did not dare to confess as she was scared of Jinhwan’s rejection. Those were the awkward days when Yura gets shy whenever Jinhwan was within her 10 meter radius. However, Yura has gotten over it and she is glad that they remained close friends.

 

After a 20 minutes’ walk, they parted ways and headed back to their apartments. Yura throws herself onto her bed and closed her eyes, planning to nap for a bit. However, she realised that she had an assignment due tomorrow and had no time to waste. Reluctantly, she picks herself up from the comfy bed and left for a shower.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Donghyuk checks the weather forecast on his computer, and finds that Seoul was going to storm tonight. His eyes lit up as he thought of going back to read “My Life in Hell”.

“Hanbin! Have you ever been to this place called Seoul?” Donghyuk shouts across the room to Hanbin, who was pouring a cup of chocolate milk.

“Hmm.. I have never heard of Seoul before. Is that a place on earth?”

“Yeah! That place is quite nice, according to my friend... You want to come with me tonight to Seoul? It’s gonna be raining there tonight!” Donghyuk asks excitedly.

“Nopies, I’m going to shop at Hong Kong! There is a sale there!” Hanbin replied.

“Shopping over friends huh...” Donghyuk sulks.

Hanbin is recently obsessed with a city on earth called Hong Kong. He says that there are a lot of shopping malls there, and he loved all the clothes there. Hanbin was a total shopaholic, and the best part is that with fake credit cards from hell, you get everything on earth for free! Absolutely free of charge! See the advantage of living in hell?

 

“Oh oh Hanbin it has started raining in Seoul! Got to go! Bye, enjoy shopping.” Donghyuk said before teleporting to Seoul. After a weird sensation, Donghyuk feels himself landing on his feet. Shaking his head to clear the dizziness, he recognises that he has landed in the room that he teleported to last time, and smiled to himself. He scans the room, and again, finds someone sitting under the blanket. He was curious to find out what that person was doing under the blanket, but he knew better than to reveal his existence in the room. So, quietly, he sneaks into the living room and picks up the book from the book shelf again.

 

Donghyuk giggles to himself as he flipped from page to page. He found the book absolutely senseless and ridiculous..

“After begging the guard for the hundredth time, he finally allowed me into the castle. The castle, however, did not look a castle at all. There were spider webs and evil-looking objects everywhere, and they sent chills down my neck. I quickened my steps and finally was standing in front of the statue of the talking skull.” Donghyuk rolls his eyes at the book. This book is stupid! Donghyuk did not know why, but he still finds the book very entertaining, and since he had no other plans for the night, he just stayed and read and read.

 

He was completely absorbed into the book when suddenly he heard a loud, long scream.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” The voice pierced through the air, and Donghyuk, frightened too, screamed also.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“E.......eh! Wh..who are you, and what are you doing at my house!” A girl with messy hair screamed. Before Donghyuk could reply, she ran somewhere and came back with a knife. She points it at him.

“Hey! Calm down! I mean no harm! Please put that down...” Donghyuk tries to defend himself.

“What? You are at a girl’s house at 10pm at night, and what else were you going to do if you weren’t planning to harm me! I will call the police! You better explain yourself!” Yura screams at Donghyuk.

Donghyuk moved a step closer to Yura in an attempt to talk to her more easily as they were screaming at each other from across the living room.

“Don’t come near! I’ll scream! Someone will come over and finish you off! What do you want from me?” Yura says.

Donghyuk tries to move nearer to explain himself. He had both his hands raised to show that he was innocent, but that didn’t stop Yura from screaming.

“AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! JINHWAN WHERE ARE YOU? THERE’S A WEIRD GUY AT MY HOUSE! HELP!!!”

“No! No, please! I can explain!” Donghyuk tries, “I just came because I wanted to read your book....”

“NO. First tell me how on earth did you even enter my house.” Yura says in a threatening voice. She noticed that the windows were not broken, and the door looks fine too. So how exactly did Donghyuk enter her house?

“I... I wanted to rob your house...?” Donghyuk says weakly.

“No. You said you wanted to come and read a book. So? How did you come in? Tell me now!” Yura demands. Then, the thunder rocked the entire house, and Yura shrieked, trembling.

“Ah! Hahahahahahahahahahaha! So you are scared of the thunder, that’s why you were under your blanket! That’s ridiculous...”

“SHUT UP!” Yura roars at Donghyuk. “Just tell me how you even came in.”

Donghyuk realised that there is a very story that he was going to have to tell.....