[XVI.]

How come I never noticed? [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Can you feel my heartbeat?

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing was lying down on the green, slightly wet grass near the lake staring at the dark-clouded sky. It was a bit cold but he didn’t mind; his grandmother left for some business in the morning, for the first time in four years he was left alone. The black-haired male was back to that fragile, weak kid that everyone treated with cautiousness. He felt helpless, powerless; paralyzed by weakness.

He was paler than ever, bony frame and dark eyelids from the extreme fatigue he was feeling. The dark-haired male felt apologetic for all the faces his memory deleted. Up till now, the only people he managed to remember were his grandmother, his father and some few friends.

Luhan never left his side when he first woke up; the pretty boy did his best to help yixing regain his flushed-away memories. The younger male was forever grateful, his friend was patient and calm with each and every reaction yixing gave him. But although the deer like male was always smiling and assuring the younger that everything was going to turn out well; yixing could feel the thick sadness laced in his friend’s voice, the deep sorrow buried in his doe-like eyes. At first he thought that it was because of what happened to him, but soon enough found out that luhan was heartbroken over something else,or someone else.

Luhan wasn’t the only one who was there for him, this other Korean-guy named Kim junmyeon made sure to visit him at least three times a week. He had a soothing voice that yixing loved hearing in every possible giving chance. This junmyeon-guy also brought another smaller male with him each time, he introduced him as his boyfriend to yixing, the latter blushed at the news but was soon reminded by luhan that he wasn’t exactly straight himself before the accident.

Apart from luhan, junmyeon and kyungsoo (the boyfriend) the pale Chinese male also had the chance to meet three other guys, whom he supposedly knew two of; Park chanyeol a ridiculously tall guy with huge soft eyes (who’s according to luhan he had an annoying crush on at one time) Kim jongdae a sweet guy who brought colored cupcakes with him and last but not least Byun baekhyun a really funny, outspoken pretty guy.

Yixing was overwhelmed with the fact that he had so many friends who cared for him, his father tried his best to hide the heartbreaking fact of his deceased mother; but after more than a year of hospitals, fear and anger issues (that he still have till now) his grandmother carefully told him that his beloved mother passed away the same day he had that terrible accident. Yixing isolated himself from everyone else for awhile, his family and friends understood that he needed time to recover from both the physical and psychological pain.

He brushed a stray hair off of his forehead, his dark black hair was becoming disheveled because of the strong icy wind, yixing took a deep breath of the fresh air. The black-haired male closed his eyes; he could feel a storm coming, hopefully it won’t last long because he had an unreasonable fear of those disturbed states of environment.

A raindrop kissed his ice-like skin; many more small cold drops followed suit. Yixing stayed fixed in his position, lying on the grass, eyes closed and mouth slightly parted. He was most definitely going to get a cold, but he didn’t care. The feeling was so refreshing; the wind caressing his hair, raindrops creating harmony all around him. It all felt so exhilarating before he was jolted awake for some reason.

Yixing blinked his eyes trying to fathom what was going on. His vision was blurred from the rain; he tried to wipe his eyes with the back of his hand only to get dragged up by his arm from the ground. The black-haired male was speechless for a few seconds. Was he getting kidnapped from his grandmother’s background garden? Seriously?!

 

“Wha—“ He couldn’t finish whatever rubbish he was about to blurt out because as soon as he got on his feet, he was carried away bridal style from the cold grass.

Awkward was what their position screamed; who in their ing right mind kidnaps someone by carrying him bridal style. Yixing was finally able to recover from the shock; he clenched his fist in anger and aimed it toward the filthy kidnapper.

“!” The kidnapper hissed but remained still. Yixing tried to wiggle his way out from the stronger male.  

“Let go of me!” The black-haired male exclaimed.

“You are going to get sick.” Even though it was the first time yixing heard the other guy’s deep voice, it somehow sounded familiar.

“I have no money with me, put me down!” The cruel kidnapper stopped on his track suddenly.

Yixing unconsciously grabbed the taller male’s shirt with his hands to spare himself the humiliation of falling dawn -first with the wet ground. The black-haired boy could feel the other male’s rapid heartbeat; even though it was freezing the taller male’s chest was remarkably hot, or probably it was just yixing hallucinating.

“Your father has been looking for you all around the house.” Yixing looked up for the first time to inspect the identity of his kidnapper.

“My father?” The pale male asked with a raspy soft voice; clearly he was going to have a cold, a bad one that is.

The other guy just hummed, he was actually too good looking to be a thief or a kidnapper. Wet blond locks; piercing brown orbs, smooth flawless skin. That guy’s body was obviously strong, toned arms that kept him steady in his absurd position. Yixing quickly took his hand away from the other’s (firm) chest.

“My father?” Dumb yixing is dumb.

“Are you deaf or something?” The smaller male frowned.

“Put me down!”

“I won’t! I’m taking you back home.” The blond stranger frowned back at him, with (a forest like) thick brown eyebrows.

“Who the hell are you? Do you know who I am? Put me the down! This is ridiculous.” Yixing squirmed again but the taller male was way stronger.

“I’m Wu fan.” For the first time since four years, yixing felt his heartbeat swell at the gummy grin (which was supposed to be ugly as hell) that Wu fan was giving him.

The smaller gulped; they were only a few steps away from the house. He decided that whatever his heart was doing must stop. Because he was a man and no way in hell would he let that gummy-filled smile owner to show up in his house with him being carried bridal style in those large arms.

“Look, I have no idea who you are or what you’re doing here in my house. Sir—I mean Mr.Wu we reached the house and I would appreciate it if you drop me down.” The taller just raised a brow.

“I prefer making sure you get in there safe. Who knows, maybe you’ll try to run away again.” How did that guy know about yixing’s childish antics? The smaller male’s eyes widened.

 

“I-I was not about to run away! I’m not going anywhere just put me down! Now!” Wu fan smirked.

“No. What are you going to do about it?” Somehow all of this felt familiar.

“Put me the down!” Yixing extended his hands to grab the wet locks of the taller male; either the other male was stupid or plain stupid, because in some magical way (plus the unwanted help of the rain) he slipped and dropped yixing, only to fall on top of him crashing the living breath out of the smaller male.

 

When yixing opened his eyes he met with wide brown orbs, staring intensely at him. The pale male was panting while clenching his small fists; a cold shiver ran down his spine at the way the other male was eying him with half-lidded eyes.

“Ge-Get off me!” Yixing cursed for the way his voice stuttered.

“Why?” Wu fan’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter