[XIV.]

How come I never noticed? [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Thunderstorm.

 

 

 

 

 

It wasn’t supposed to be like this.

After every thunderstorm comes a rainbow they say. But it’s not true, there’s no rainbow, no sunshine, no . Only dark clouds and mocking thunder sound.

 

Yifan stared down at his blood covered hands. It hurt, but not as much as his heart does. He ruined his life with those hands, he should have never laid them on that kid, he should have never shouted at the younger, he should have never confessed, but he did. He did ruin his life, he did beat that kid up until he lost consciousness, he did shout and yell at the younger for no specific reason, but most importantly he did confess.

The blond wiped his tears as he got on his feet; there was nothing left for him here. Will Yixing forgive him if he apologized? Will the younger laugh and hug him if he showed up at his apartment again? Was he ever going to see those dimples again?

Most unlikely.

 

 

⋆⋆⋆

 

Yixing stared at the liquor bottle in his hand, he was a light drinker. He actually stopped drinking a while ago, but here he was filling his fragile stomach with unneeded poison. What happened with Yifan was an eye opening kind of thing; his best friend almost killed a guy for him. His best friend was romantically in love with him. How come he never noticed before? Was he really that blind?

He was probably hurting Yifan every time he talked about Chanyeol, the older cared enough for him to not say anything and help him. But why didn’t he tell him?

Was Yixing really enjoying running after jerks?

But Chanyeol wasn’t a jerk. Jongin could probably be identified as one but the brunette wasn’t running after him.

Jongin.

Poor kid had to have his face ruined because of Yixing, he should probably go visit him or something, or maybe just send him chocolates. The tanned idol was nothing but nice to him, he didn’t deserve what he got. (Okay, maybe a little, but still.)

Yifan should have known better. But perhaps Yixing was a bit harsh on him; it’s not his fault if he has feelings for the younger, right? But it is his fault. He was well aware of Yixing’s feelings for Park Chanyeol yet still dared to break the years’ long friendship they built. But was it really broken? Will Yifan let Yixing’s words stop him from coming back?

The brunette sighed after he settled the bottle on the coffee table. He was a bit tipsy, but enough in his mind to seek his best friend for advice.

 

 

 

⋆⋆⋆

 

Jongdae took some time off to take his childhood’s best friend out. After going through every store in the mall, Baekhyun got extremely hungry and here they were, talking about their old orphanage director.

“He was so scary, I had nightmares for years because of his face.” Jongdae chuckled at that.

“Remember how he used to check on us, when it was like three in the morning! I was pretty sure he never slept a day in his life.” The older laughed while giving his vegetable portion to the younger.

“Yeah! I used to think he was a vampire.” Jongdae munched on his steak.

“Pfft, Vampire my he died last year.”

“He did?” Jongdae glanced up in shock.

“Yep.”

The younger pouted as he remembered what an that old man was but at the same time he kind of liked him, he was the one who raised him after all.

He grabbed his fork to get back on his eating but quickly realized that the other male was watching him, Jongdae had no idea why he blushed.

“Umm…is there something on my face?”

Baekhyun cleared his throat before answering.

“N-No! Not at all.”

Jongdae eyed him curiously before going back to his plate.

“How’s Chanyeol? I haven’t seen him in a while.” Jongdae chocked on his food.

“Are you okay?” The older male was fast to give the younger’s back a few pats. 

“I’m fine! I’m Fine.” Jongdae swallowed. “Chanyeol’s fine too.” Baekhyun nodded.

“Okay. Is he dating anyone?” The younger’s eyes widened at the question.

“No, he’s not.”

“Okay.”

Jongdae cursed at his y luck and at his big fat lying mouth.

 

 

 

⋆⋆⋆

 

 

Yixing in all his drunken glory managed to reach his beloved’s friend apartment. He was very proud of himself; someone should give him an award or something.

He knocked on the door plenty of times but still no answer. He clumsily tried to look for a spare key under the door’s carpet but there was none. No spare keys, no door carpets.

After another four knocks, a flushed panting half Junmyeon appeared behind the door. Yixing stared shamelessly at the elder’s pale milky chest and defined y abs. Who would have thought Kim Junmyeon of all people had abs?

Milky abs that is.

“I need your help.” The younger blurted out as he pushed his way in without an invitation.

“Yixing? What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“No I’m not okay Junmyeon.” Yixing huffed after throwing himself on the sofa.

“You’re drunk.” Junmyeon frowned.

“Yifan confessed to me, he said he loves me.” Yixing buried his face into his arms in frustration.

Junmyeon walked towards the younger and carefully his hair as he sat next to him.

“I see.”

“Why the hell would he do such thing Junmyeon?”

“I don’t see what’s so wrong about falling in love, xing.” The younger growled.

“But he can’t, he ruined everything.”

“How come?” Before Yixing could answer, a flushed, terribly shy and cute Kyungsoo poked his head from Junmyeon’s bedroom.

“I—I’m very sorry to interrupt. Wou-Would you like some coffee Yixing hyung?”

Yixing carefully shifted his gaze from Kyungsoo’s messy state to Junmyeon’s.

“Oh, no! I’m the one who should apologize for interrupting.” The brunette smirked at the older.

“Honey-I-I mean Kyungsoo, can you please give us a minute?” Junmyeon smiled fondly at the smaller male.

“Don’t worry he’ll be right back, I’m leaving.” Yixing grinned at the two before leaning towards his friend and whispering. “Have fun.”

“Wha-What? N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter