[XV.]

How come I never noticed? [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Masked reality.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Four years later.

 

 

Minseok was trying to hurry the up, because being the klutz he was, the male with auburn hair forgot to set his alarm the night before. He tripped for the third time that morning and loudly cursed at his uncoordinated self. He thanked his god after reaching the subway in one piece.

Today was a very important day for the Korean male; he needed to look his best. Wearing a black fitted suit with his hair pushed back earned him some admiring glances from the other passengers. Minseok frowned when he noticed how late he was, his professor would never forgive him if he lost this opportunity. Professor Heng was very nice to him during all his school years; he even got him a job at a very famous architecture firm in Běijīng before he decided that this other new famous firm will suit Minseok’s work style even better. Mr.Heng said that he admired how hard working Minseok was, and how smart and good at what he did the Korean male was. It was all flattering and Minseok felt really appreciated, but perhaps he should just call his professor and ask for forgiveness already. Clearly he wasn’t going to impress whoever was going to interview him because an old lady just bumped into him, soaking him all over the extremely expensive suit (that he obviously didn’t buy but borrowed from Junmyeon) with hot coffee. Minseok tried his best not to shriek or strangle her, the lady apologized and the grimacing male just nodded stiffly in acknowledgment.

 

The unlucky male reached the firm panting. He was sweating and he smelled like coffee and baby powder (because he was forced to hold someone’s baby so the mother could change the toddler’s diaper). It was very unprofessional of him to get there in that awful state. It was as clear as the sun that he was going to get his kicked from there. He run towards the lady in the reception area and mastered his most polite smile to ask if the appointment he had with the owner of the company was still on, the ridiculously beautiful lady smiled and told him that Mr. Han  still haven’t arrived yet. Minseok wanted to jump with joy, because as it turned out he wasn’t that unlucky after all. The pretty lady asked him to go to the thirteenth floor and wait for her boss to come. He obliged and thanked her with a sincere smile.

 

Walking toward the elevator Minseok called for whoever was already in it to wait for him. When the Korean male reached his destination he thanked the person who kindly waited for him to arrive, bowing his head slightly. An odd feeling made Minseok lift his eyes up to see who this oddly familiar person whom he thanked was.

His eyes widened from the shock, it’s been four years. Four years of struggling and trying to erase all the bad and depressing memories he dealt with. Four years of tears and pain, each year passed like it was a decade. Four years of trying to forget him, the man that broke his heart, the man that ruined his life, the man that was staring at him with amazed doe like eyes at the moment, clearly as aghast as the shorter male was from finally facing each other after all these years.

Minseok averted his gaze, whatever happened he will not talk nor look at that cruel man. He promised himself that he’ll no longer let himself get fooled. His day was already hectic, he doesn’t need that to ruin it even more for him.

The Korean male could feel the heavy stare of the other’s, he felt like tearing the former idol’s eyes from their sockets. What a pretty sight would that be?

Suddenly the elevator stopped, it wasn't a normal stop. It was more like an earthquake that made Minseok lose balance.

He couldn’t help the blush that crept its way to his face when he felt the familiar arms of the other male holding him. They both froze for a second (it felt way longer) before Minseok pushed Luhan’s offending arms away. The slightly taller male was still staring at him and the Korean male fixed his gaze on the other side, avoiding any kind of eye contact.

It was very awkward, Minseok cursed at his luck while Luhan tried to push a few buttons, but obviously nothing worked.

Were they stuck? Alone? In a ing elevator of all places?

my life, Minseok muttered under his breath. But soon locked his eyes with Luhan’s ones when he heard him speak up. It’s been four years, four years of not hearing the former idol’s soft voice. Suddenly, Minseok couldn’t breathe. 

“I think we’re stuck here.” No Sherlock. Clearly the Chinese male was still as dumb as ever. 

Minseok nodded, he won’t talk to him, he already promised himself that. 

Luhan cleared his throat while shifting from a foot to another, he looked really nervous for some reason. “How are you Minseok? It’s been a while...”

The shorter male rolled his eyes. 'A while?' Try four ing years !

“Okay. I get it, you won’t talk to me.” Minseok pushed a few buttons himself in irritation. Nothing happened again. Was he really going to be stuck here with the only person he hated in the entire ing universe? This was ridiculous.

“You look good.” Minseok turned his burning gaze from the elevator’s buttons to glare at Luhan.

The Chinese man bit his lower lip and shifted his gaze elsewhere, clearly getting what Minseok’s dark glare meant.

 

After a few minutes later Minseok was getting tired and terrifyingly bored, he glanced warily at Luhan. The other male was wearing a white dress shirt that immorally clung to his torso, a loose black tie and black fitting trouser. He looked really good (he always did) Minseok swallowed and bit his bottom lip, Luhan’s hair wasn’t honey blonde anymore, it was a caramel brown that complimented his pale skin perfectly. The shorter male shook his head, he should not be thinking about any of that stuff. He wasn’t supposed to ever meet the other male. This was a mistake, because he could feel his stupid heart beating unusually fast at the mere thought of the other male being near him after all of those years. When he glanced back he found Luhan looking intensely back at him.

 

 

⋆⋆⋆

 

Yifan stared at his reflection in the mirror; he looked a bit older from the last time he was here in China. He ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter