A Broken heart and fractured ribs

Chimera's fated 9
a broken heart and fractured ribs
it only hurts when you start pretending it doesn't
—— unknown

She didn't remember much of the tsunami.

At first, it was rough, unbearable, and terrifying because she couldn't control or angle her body at all, it seemed as though the water had a mind of it's own and decided when and how to move her limbs. She didn't have time to scream when her face broke the surface and realized that she didn't recognize any of her surroundings, Jessica could only greedily gulp down as much air as possible before disappearing once again. One of the worst things was the random and dangerous debris decorating the flood, due to the fact it was dark the female had trouble seeing. The girl would be fine but then suddenly a giant tree branch would smash right into her legs as if they were twigs and she could only bite down on the inside of her cheek and deal with the pain.

Another awful thing about the water was the fact that she couldn't keep track of time. When her mind was more frantic, the female didn't think about it at all and instead focused on trying to save her life that was slipping right through her fingers. However, as her hands desperately clung to a large chunk of wood that must have been from some sort of a bridge, she had more time to wonder about what would be happening next. Jessica felt as though she was suffering for hours, however what if it had only been 15 minutes when she last saw Sehun and sent him away to save himself. The ice bender honestly had no clue.

Because of the makeshift raft, the female was able to satisy her lungs by taking in a deep breath - however, her ribs certainly didn't approve of that action. The second the vital organ began to expand in order to inhale oxygen, the most suffocating and raw pain snapped throughout her entire body and the girl couldn't help but let out a shriek from the sudden pain and shock. The adrenaline had initially numbed her injuries, but now that she was slightly calming down becuase of her increasing chance of survival, Jessica remembered that she had hurt her ribcage quite badly. The protagonist had never felt that intense kind of pain before right in the center of her body, she had certainly hurt herself before when sparring got a little out of hand but nothing this crazy occurred.

Her entire body was trembling as she very slowly and cautiously lifted her aching limbs to rest upon the large plank of wood, the pain of the action was obvious on her face as it contorted and her breaths were shaky. After finally getting her toes out of the water, Jessica inhaled and exhaled using short and brief puffs so that it wouldn't irriate her already upset ribcage. The wave seemed to be losing power as the water lessened and the speed wasn't as outrageous as it previously was. Now that things were more soothing, the ice bender had time to observe where she was and what her body looked like after the entire incident.

She was still in the woods, but they looked nothing like they did when she was with the benders. Before, the trees were dark and thick, presenting lots of leaves and branching out in all directions. They were green and ever so slightly turning into vibrant pinks, reds, and yellows due to the changing season.  Not only that but they were in a rocky region that had more pebbles than grass, which meant it was mostly grey and black. In the new section of wherever she happened to be, the trees were the complete oopposite of what they used to be. The bark was pure white and peeling in sections and not only that but they were bare and extremely skinny. Since they were thin, there were multiple trees very close to each other and they were quite short and feeble.

The water had become quite shallow and it had thinned out to practically nothing which gave the girl time to inspect her injuries and see what she could do to mend the cuts and bruises. The raft finally stopped because it had reached land and she found herself tearing up slightly, not only at the damage her body received but also at the fact she was considered lucky to survive. First off, there was obviously something wrong with her ribs, Jessica didn't need to put pressure on her chest to determine that. The hit her legs took with the branches resulted in dark blooming bruises all over and there were also rather deep cuts decorating the skin. Her ankle felt slightly off, when she somehow attempted to get up and put pressure on it, the female couldn't put any weight on it at all. Her body was trembling still due to the fact it was getting dark out and she was soaked to the bone, her hair cascaded down her back in long and wet strands. 

It was then that she heard voices.

Her heart surged with hope and instantly the girl hobbled forward in the direction of the people, at first she assumed that it would be farmers or citizens, but then she got to thinking and wondered if maybe it could be one of the members. At the thought of reconnecting with her family, a small smile grew on her mud caked face but it was wiped off as soon as she recognized who the voices belonged to. Her stomach felt nauseous as her hand clamped over and her feet began to backtrack as quickly as possible. Her footsteps were clumsy and quick instead of careful and slow, she wasn't being mindful of her injuries anymore. If Jessica wanted to remain lucky and live, she had to escape as far as she could. At all times in her life, this was the moment she wished that she could have been given invisibility as a power instead of snow.

The female then heard more voices in the direction that she was fleeing in and she had no choice but to drag the water soaked and small raft over to the bank of the river. The only good thing the tsunami presented would be the snapped and fallen trees which allowed for a disguise, if the stream had been empty of debris the ice bender would have easily been discovered. The girl found two adjacent trees that stretched from either side of the river and she ducked underneath them, propping the plank of wood up so that it was leaning against the side and shielding her front underneath the two trees. Broken branches and some torn moss was draped over the trunks of the fallen trees which concealed her left and right side from the predators. Due to the wreck, Jessica easily blended into the background because it was honestly a mess and a small plank of wood wouldn't be given a second thought.

The voices only got louder and louder and the bender was extremely relieved that she hid because peeking through the small cracks in the raft gave her a glimpse of the approaching figures. Her suspicions of their identites turned out to be correct and she had to bite back on her tongue to conceal the squeak of fear and anger.

Kris was strolling along the remants of the river alongside the pyscho that had trampled her and left her to drown in the tsunami, they were both conversing in what sounded like Chinese and acting as though the natural disaster had been no big deal. Approaching the two men was a man and a woman who seemed fearless of the two and they were also about to pass Jessica in her hiding spot. The male was doe-eyed, gentle, and very feminie looking whereas the woman was quite the opposite - dark black hair framed her pale face consisting of sharp features. They walked right on past and stopped a few feet away from her while exchanging greetings and notifying the two that no bodies had been recovered yet. That statement made Jessica want to sigh from the overpowering relief, however her teeth were biting into the skin of her hand so that no noises would be made to give away her position.

"Tao, which one did you encounter again? We haven't found her yet." The woman asked as Jessica shrunk a little in her curled up position, they were talking about her when she was literally right behind them. The male that had previously attacked her smirked while tapping his chin and squinting his eyes, "Elsa was the one I grabbed when I could, The hulk was frozen and he was lost in the wave as well." He announced as Kris sighed and shook his head at the silly nicknames his co-worker came up with, "Jessica is her name. She has long brown hair, pretty short, ice bender." He clarified for the two of them, which translated to the fact they were searching for her and needed to know what she looked like.

"She's also lost her power for a few days." The dark haired villain smirked as he raised his hand, and to the female's absolute horror, created a small snow storm right from his palm. 

No way.

That was her ability and he had stolen it, no wonder she hadn't been able to perform anything in the face of the tidal wave.

Fury washed over her, that man had taken her one source of survival away from her without notifying her and then ditched her so that she would drown. The female then thought back to the moment he touched her neck and held the pads of his fingers there for a few seconds, that must have been when he took it and it had to be his power - absorbing other people's abilities and keeping them for a couple of days. Damn, he was trained well and was absolutely ruthless when it came to killing, it all added up to a very dangerous opponent. They discussed a few more of the benders and what they looked like before the 4 split up separatly and went different ways in order to cover more ground. Kris had gone west, Tao had gone north, the unnamed man stayed where he was after agreeing upon east and then the girl went south. Jessica was debating what to do when suddenly feet came into view and Bambi the man that resembled a deer crouched right in front of her.

Her heartbeat started pounding at an incredible speed for the second time that day and she felt anxiety like she had never felt before. He was staring directly at her through the small indents and rifts in the plank of wood and the ice bender could have sworn that they made eye contact. His hand reached up to poke at her makeshift wall before he merely stood up, turned in the direction of south, and continued going his own way. Jessica had absolutely no idea what he was intending or meant by that action, however she thought it was safe to assume that maybe he didn't see her and thought nothing of it. She played the waiting game for as long as she could hold out for before the female rolled out of the fort and took her time when attempting to finally stand.

Due to the cramped position she was stuck in for that certain period of time, her body felt awful - and as if her knees and legs needed any more strain on them after they were smacked by the branches. Jessica felt like an old woman as she pushed on forward in the direction of west, wanting to get away from the path she had come from. Her best bet would be to travel forward seeing as Kris might let her off easy if he discovered her and another wave could have the potential of hitting. Multiple times the female desperately yearned to sit and take a breather, however she refused to sucumb to those feelings - the girl wanted to live, and if she happened to stop then she doubted she could get back up again and continue fighting.

It seemed as though all her prayers were answered when she stumbled across a small house that looked to be perfect for resting. One of her hands rested on her ribcage as the other wiped away the drip of sweat sliding down her cheek. The bender limped forward until she rested all of her weight against the door in order to crack it open silently and be greeted by silence and darkness - it seemed as though whoever had resided there was absent or asleep. Jessica took short breaths as she shuffled in, closed the door, and collapsed against the wall with a quiet sigh of relief. The satisfaction of surviving, finding a shelter, and being able to rest felt amazing and she closed her eyes from the joy.

That was, until she felt the blade of a sword being pressed against her neck as a female voice spoke up.

"Who the hell are you?" 

 

name: unknown
nickname: tao 
family members: unidentified
age: unknown
first appearance: 12
occupation: villain
weakness: unknown
ability: power absorption
 
 
 
 
the writer's words

howdy guys! c: so this chapter was alright tbh not my favorite but i didn't hate it. so we know about tao's ability now and the fact he stole jessica's away! she ended up wandering into a unknown hut and it seems as though someone else found her :0 who is it? she will be revealed soon! + she has a sword how cool is that cx haha thank you all! have a nice day :)

< a tori creation >