Fun in the sun

Chimera's fated 9
fun in the sun
the time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time
—— unknown

Was this a dream?

Her back lay against the warm sand as a hand lifted to cover her eyes from the bright sun shining down. Yoona couldn't help but let a smile tug at her lips and eventually spread as the sounds of splashes and yells could be heard in the distance. 

It was around 3 in the afternoon and all the benders were currently residing at a lake they had stumbled across on accident.Once everyone had been roused, breakfast was eaten and finally camp was packed up, the benders continued their journey in the northeast direction. It had been a few hours when they all came across a lake hidden from view from tall trees and shrubbery. Seeing as this was a perfect place to eat lunch and take a break, the members began  pleading to Suho to let them have a day off. After being caged in the volcano, an afternoon spent on the shores of cool water sounded absolutely luxurious.

It took some convincing, but it was easier than normal because of the guilt Suho had been feeling from his sudden sickness and absence. Eventually, all 8 benders were debating with the leader until he finally agreed while shaking his head and smiling gently, much to the joy of the others as they cheered happily. With his permission, they marched forward for a few miles until uncovering the mostly secret and private lake. With Yoona's help the area had become entirely invisible and anyone that would come across it would only see trees and nature that wasn't worth exploring. Eagerly, as if they were all young children, they began to change and throw their bags down on the ground in order to jump into the water awaiting them. All of them were technically wearing their undergarments, however the benders usually wore many layers of clothing for protection so it was the second to last layer shielding their bodies, not entirely their underwear or bras but more of tank tops and shorts. Not only that, but they had all grown up together so it wasn't weird or extremely rare to see each other with a little less cloth and more skin, they had all adjusted as kids.

Chanyeol was fine in the water, even if it was the opposite of fire the male wasn't extra cold or unhappy when coming in contact with the substance. It was only in extreme situations did he become irritaited or sick, for example a heavy snow storm or drowing in a typhoon would drive his body to it's limits. Jessica and Suho were a prime example of this, they felt terrible inside the volcano but were fine in sauna rooms or in front of a fireplacfe. 

Tiffany was a bit of another story in the water. 

Her power was a known as a mutation amongst the elemental powers, and that's when you test positive for bending a certain element but being able manipulate it in different ways that weren't considered normal. For example, Chanyeol's power was a base power, he could bend one of the elements which was fire. He could manipulate fire in different forms as well, such as magma, molten rock, flames, etc. Tiffany's ability had adapted from Fire to become something similar but different to it, and that was electricity.  She was able to create heat but in the form of lightning and electric shocks, she was related to Chanyeol but not quite, they had some differences and some similarities. The science of mutations related to all of the members, Yuri was the base for earth while Kai had adapted from that power and became strength. Suho was the base for water but Jessica adapted to become snow and freeze things, and Sehun had the base for air however Yoona adapted to disappear.

So Chanyeol could be completely fine in the water, but Tiffany wasn't because if a single bolt touched the surface, it would spread to the entire lake and kill everything in it. Her body was physically fine in water if she was calm and mellow but the poor girl was always so happy and ecstatic that she just emitted electricity and small shocks without noticing it. Even so, Sunny was a genuis and gave her a type of herb that would turn off her power for a few hours. Usually the healer used it if a bender's body was injured badly and went into overdrive, but she deemed this situation appropriate to take one of the many leaves out and hand it to her best friend.

And so, their small vacation had begun.

Yoona had decided to lie down first on the soothing and smooth ground away from the rocks while the others all raced forward into the water in order to play. It had been around half an hour when the girl sat up as she heard someone calling her name. Her eyes observed the scene laid out before her and a few laughs escaped at the sight that warmed her heart.

The first thing that caught her gaze was Sunny, who was currently floating on her back with her eyes closed and a figure looming over her. The female had never entirely learned how to swim and it had been a running gag ever since the group of benders had found out all those years ago. Her nose was crinkled as Suho's arms were helping to keep her afloat, gently leading her body around in circles before letting go and excitedly exclaiming that she was floating all on her own! She opened her eyes and looked around before naturally panicking and disappearing underneath the surface, only to be brought back up by the leader's quick reflexes and concerned gaze. He laughed softly as she coughed a bit and instead allowed her to crawl onto his back as he would swim around and allow her a ride in order to observe the lake's features and not get pulled underwater. Yoona turned to look at the other members so she would miss the way Sunny's arms securly wrapped around the male's neck and how she leaned in to press a kiss against his cheek which would result in a priceless giggle from the waterbender.

The last time Yoona had noticed what Yuri was doing in the lake was when they first arrived, and that was doing laps around the perimeter. Now the female was standing on top of a rocky area holding onto the bark of a tree as she looked down at the others and watched with amusement as they attempted to climb up and join her. Of course it was easy for her due to the fact she could simply shape the earth into a ladder or small indents for her to place her footing in, but the others were sliding off and some weren't even able to get a good grip. Eventually the benders gave up and left the female leader to tan in the sun while discussing a game, and that's when Tiffany started to call Yoona over in order to make the teams even.

The electricity bender met her halfway as the girl was entering the water and Tiffany eagerly held her hand out, "Come on, let's be on a team together! We can totally take the others out." They both laughed a bit as they ended up swimming over to meet with Chanyeol, Sehun, Kai, and Jessica. The game that would be playing was called chicken, and it would be ideal for the lake they were swimming in as well as using their powers. The rules of the game were simple, there were a few teams of two and one member of the pair climbed on top of the other player and sat on their shoulders, both of them facing in the same direction. The person on the bottom was responsible for keeping the balance intact whereas the person on the top had to push other teams down. A rule that they had contained was that the players on the bottom weren't allowed to use their powers to fight the other team, so the benders on top were responsible for using their powers against the others. 

Chanyeol disappeared underwater in order for the youngest male to get on top of him before he came back up and held onto the shins of Sehun to keep them him steady. Something Yoona noticed right away was that they were the tallest members, which would make their tower more unsteady than normal, giving them an advantage. Kai copied Chanyeol's motion of sinking below the surface, except one of his hands helped Jessica to climb on top of his back and slide her legs over his shoulders. She placed her palms on his forehead to keep herself in the sitting position as he stood to his full height and grinned at the male team eyeing them. 

Yoona and Tiffany had a tatic to win and they were becoming quite confident as the two whispered to each other. Tiffany was on the bottom and since Yoona was quite light, the girl was able to quickly slide on top of her shoulders and the older female could easily lift up the other. The Chanyeol/Sehun team had begun to go up against the Kai/Jessica pair which allowed the two girls to slink into the shadows and let Yoona make the two invisible. They were hoping that the other benders would focus mainly on each other and forget about them, once Chanyeol/Sehun went down because of them being at such a disadvantage, the Yoona/Tiffany team would strike at Kai/Jessica. The thing they had to be careful of though, was avoiding their dispute and making sure to keep silent and still, their voices could attract attention and their movements would create ripples throughout the smooth surface.

Jessica held both of her palms up while laughing softly as Sehun did the same, and soon enough he shoved his hands forward to hit her's and attempt to push her over. The girl was able to return to force and protect herself, while crinkling her nose in amusement. This continued many times and after a while it was clear that Chanyeol was starting to get tired of carrying Sehun, but since Kai was so strong, Jessica's weight barely hindered him at all. The youngest male had been using gusts of wind against Jessica while she had been blowing snowflakes at his face. Using one last burst of energy, the male shot his fingers forward to hit against Jessica's, but she moved her hands out of the way and that made the boy pair crumble. Sehun had used a lot of force when attacking and since it hit nothing, the windbender leaned forward too much and wasn't able to bring himself back up.

Jessica was cheering and Kai was grinning from ear to ear as the losers came back up for air with pouting and grumpy faces, and this was the perfect time for Yoona and Tiffany to make their move. From the act of collapsing, waves remained and it camoflaged the female's approach which was the perfect opportunity for Yoona to (gently) push Jessica backwards. The surprise yet quick understanding of the  situation was clear and evident on the snow bender's face as she yelled out, "YOONA!" however her voice was drowned out by the water that quickly covered her face as the female submerged in the water, only to be lifted out by Kai as he laughed with all of them. 

They ended up playing more rounds with different partners and then opting for a few games of hide and seek which Yoona obviously won. Meanwhile, Yuri, Sunny, and Suho had been fishing and Chanyeol exited the water in order to create a fire and aid in the formation of dinner. The rest of them raced a few times and eventually left the lake as well to dry off and prepare for their meal. That night, everyone was seated around the fire and eating their fish on a stick while telling scary stories and lame jokes. At a moment like this, Yoona felt like the luckiest and happiest girl in the world, she was always feeling complete whenever she was with her family. A smile never left her face the entire time and she was ending the day just like how she had started it, smiling and looking up at the sky wondering if life really was a dream.

-

"Wake up."

"Wake up darling."

The soft whispers against her ear resulted in the healer to rouse slightly and furrow her eyesbrows in confusion, her fingers reaching upwards to rub at her slowly awakening eyes. It was still dark out and her body could register the fact that she hadn't slept for a full cycle, however the lips pressed against her neck and cheek continued to rouse the female from her sleep. "Suho?" Sunny asked as she lifted herself out of her sleeping bag by using her elbow, squinting into the darkness to attempt and make out the features of the male above. A few chuckles could be heard from the dark mass and she felt his hand wrap around her wrist gently, tugging her up with encouraging words, "Shhh, we don't want to be caught - do we?" The male asked quietly as he tucked a stray strand of hair behind the girl's ear and pulled her into his embrace. "Yuri is going to be on watch in a few minutes and I told her that we're going to go and get some firewood, but I got some earlier." 

Sunny stumbled a bit when removing herself from the ground, but her lover easily sturdied her and began to carefully lead her away. "Where are we going?" the girl mumbled, feeling the mud beneath her bare feet start to clear away any sleepiness clouding her thoughts. The mud transformed into sand and Sunny was quick to realize what he was intending on doing with her, and soon enough a few giggles were creeping through and escaping out her plump lips. "Ready for a little night swimming lesson?" The water bender questioned as he began to strip himself of his shirt and pants, leaving his body covered only by shorts. The healer was still trying to stifle her laughter in order to refrain from waking the members and began to remove her night gown so that she was wearing what she had been earlier.

"Come on!" The leader encouraged excitedly as he intertwined their fingers together and rushed into the water, beaming at the satisfaction his skin felt against the cool and silky liquid. Sunny merely burst into a fit of laughter as she followed and clung to his arm when the surface reached her stomach. She relished in the soft feeling she got in her insides when he nudged her into his arms as he was floating on his back. Both of her arms were wrapped around his chest and the girl hummed in amusement as he was using the arm that wasn't keeping her close to create long in the water in order to push away from the shore. The couple kept silent for a few minutes and just soaked in the feeling of being together and alone before the girl decided to break it by cheekily remarking that they were snuggling like otters. Suho was laughing and he rubbed her arm, breaking his gaze from the moonlight cascading down upon them in order to observe her familiar face that he grew to hold so dear to his heart. 

He loved her so much.

the writer's words

i was feeling some honny today oopsies and btw honny isn't going to be the only couple! there will be new characters along the way c: i was just feeling a light chapter today as well so that explains the fluff and stuff! thank you guys for reading as always n u n have a nice day! p.s. i didn't thoroughly edit this so i apologize if there were any mistakes or mispellings! :0 also all credit to the original owners for the picture in this chapter c:

< a tori creation >