The first battle

Chimera's fated 9
the first battle
when the hurly burlys done, when the battles lost and won
—— shakespeare

"Wake up!" Yoona hissed as she smacked the tall male in the arm, breathing heavily as time continued to pass rapidly which allowed their predators more time to hunt their scent down. Chanyeol stirred a bit but burrowed deeper into his sleeping bag, refusing to wake up which only increased the intensity of her slaps and whispers.

"What's going on?"

The sleepy scratchy yet alert voice of Yuri sounded from a corner of the cave and Yoona could almost sigh in relief - a weight was almost lifted off her shoulders when the second leader voiced her awakening. "I heard howls close by, but I can't see anything because the fire died and Chanyeol isn't waking up." The frantic female said in a tone above a whisper, tuning into the rustling that turned out to be the other female rising from her bed in order to stand up and stomp her foot on the floor of their shelter.

The ground underneath the male sleeping rose suddenly and resulted in his body to shoot upwards a few inches and he landed with an "Oof!" which signalled his own awakening. Yoona moved on to waking up Sehun and Kai who were next to Chanyeol while Yuri calmly instructed Chanyeol to recreate the fire due to the possibility that a predator could be lurking outside their base. The male rubbed his eyes with one hand while punching the other towards the dead embers and effortlessly coaxing a flame alive. He stood up as well and squinted while staring out into the dark outside world, what was the threat?

The other boys were awake as well and helping to bring the others back to reality while Yuri announced she was going to go outside and check things out, making sure to tell them to wake up Suho immediately. Even if they were all extremely talented in their field of bending, the two older members always made sure to put themselves first if it was possible - the others were like their little siblings and it was almost a protective instict to face the dangers themselves instead of putting the others at risk.

Yuri first peeped her head out to check if there was anything lining the walls of the mountains to prevent an ambush, after completing her inspection, the female bravely stepped out and inhaled the fresh air. Her bare feet were met with mud and ankle deep water, which resulted in to let a few curses slip. Due to the fact her speciality was manipulating earth, the second leader could usually spot a danger using the ground below to feel the vibrations through the soil. However, since it had rained so much and caused the dirt to become uneven mud, her senses weren't entirely useful in this situation.

The powerful female took a few more steps, using the light behind her to map out what was in front of her and where certain things in her path lay. To her far left, Yuri could still hear the horses snorting and splashing a bit in the water which was a bit of a reassurance. If there was a howling animal out and about near their cave then it would have most likely gone after the horses for their meat, since they were still alive and well, it was a positive sign. 

But Yuri was no fool and she didn't take things lightly, Yoona wasn't a liar nor was she delusional, and if the girl heard something, the claim wasn't to be taken lightly. "Suho?" The earth bender called out, hearing him reply instantly with a "See anything?" She turned to look into the light filled cave to be greeted with silhouettes staring at her intently, the water bender was preparing to go out and inspect alongside her.

"I think you should come out here, the water is pretty deep and you'll have an easier time sensing a presence with the ripples than I di-" The female wasn't given a chance to finish when her sturdy build was abruptly knocked backwards, earning a grunt of surprise from her and a scream from their shelter. A large, black shape was on top of her with razor sharp teeth bared and growls of aggression pouring out from it's throat.

"YURI!" Suho yelled as he abandoned the armor he was applying to his shoulder, immediately running out to face whatever was attempting to kill the other leader. Chanyeol, Sehun, and Kai followed the other male out into the open to assist and see exactly what was pinning her down, and when they did, they were absolutely floored at their enemy. Tiffany attempted to escape the small cave as well, however Sunny grabbed a hold of her arm and yanked her back into their camp. 

"Are you crazy?! You'll kill everyone if you step out and let a lightning bolt touch the water - stay in here and help me pack." The short female reminded the other of the wet conditions outside, and Tiffany's heart almost stopped at the realization of how true the other girl's statement was. Instantly the two females along with Yoona began to pack up their belongings strewn throughout the cave. It wasn't that they were weak, its just that all 3 girls realized their powers weren't helpful out in the battle that was going on outside and instead of being useless, they were going to help by completing other tasks.

Jessica was still sleeping soundly throughout all the commotion, she was an insanely heavy sleeper and was left to continue her slumber - it took at least 10 minutes to awake the ice princess on a good day and they didn't have that much time on their hands.

Back to the outside world, a metal and shining wolf much bigger than the female underneath it was attempting to knaw at her face. It was built of armor and it took a few seconds for Suho to realize it, but the animal wasn't a living thing. It's eyes were pure red like a robot as it continued to snip and snap it's large jaws at the features of the earth bender. Yuri was absolutely fantastic, she had amazingly caught both gigantic paws of the animal as she fell backwards and her arms shook as she held the thing above her and refused to let it touch her skin. 

The water bender immediately used his surroundings to his advantage and smacked the robot with a wave of water from the sloshy ground, sending it off of Yuri and a few feet away which allowed the female a few seconds to regain her balance and escape to the other leader. Chanyeol had rushed towards the pair and created a large orb of fire before throwing it upwards into the sky, casting a glow over the field of grass and finally giving them back the ability to see. Suho continued drenching the enemy with tidal waves and harsh whips of water when suddenly there was a roar from something else.

A bear that looked very much like the wolf was galloping forward at full speed towards the benders and Sehun quickly swirled the tip of his finger around and around, shooting a small tornado towards the approaching predator as Kai followed the air crafted attack. Chanyeol was helping Kai with the bear as he shot bursts of hot flames and lava towards the enemy - however it had absolutely no effect on it's hard exterior. A more feline hiss came from the shadows and Yuri was met with a tiger slinking along the dark trees, observing the prey that was fighing it's allies. Yuri sighed before getting in a fighting stance and sending the first move, which was slabs of mud to it's eyes. Sehun was in front of the cave protecting the others when he noticed something strange.

The horses were completely fine.

Wolves and Tigers were carnivores while Bears were omnivores, one of the things they all contained in common was the fact they all ate raw meat. The horses were ignored, plently of food was sitting right in front of the 3 attacking animals and yet they were completely absorbed in stirring conflict with the benders. Another thing was that they were robots, and robots were man made - which meant that someone had created them. 

Someone had formed these beasts with the intention of harming the members - they didn't just pop out of nowhere attacking humans while ignoring other animals that was usually dinner.

They were at an disadvantage. It was hard to see, the ground made it difficult to fight let alone walk, 4 of the benders were useless in this fight, and they weren't aware of the battle ahead of time. Sehun was yanked from his thoughts when he heard a yell of pain and the male turned to see Suho grabbing Chanyeol up from the ground and holding his shoulder with his free hand, attempting to stop the red liquid from seeping through the tear in his skin. Yuri was fighting a losing battle by herself against the tiger that was absolutely ruthless, and that's when the male noticed a figure in the forest.

All the hairs on the back of his neck stood up in shock at the silhouette standing in the mist, hands in it's pockets, calmly watching the fights unfold as if it was an everyday thing. He had on a large hat but that was the only feature he could make out due to the dim lighting and the fog covering it's identity. Suho was still fighting despite the obvious pain in his shoulder, however he grit his teeth before announcing his plan to the other members fighting.

"Listen here, I'm going to make a flood happen - Everyone run inside the cave and Yuri start making a path deep into the mountain, we're not going to win this battle." His loud commands sounded over the soggy field they had been fighting in and all the members confirmed that they understood. Sehun quickly began running over to the horses, breaking their holds to the mountain and giving one of their behinds a smack, "Go!" He yelled, watching the herd canter away into the night. He was well aware of the fact that they would be fine, their predators weren't interested in eating them and there were a few towns sprinkled about in which they would be found in.

Suho counted down from 3 and quickly the members landed their final blow, Yuri burying the tiger's back legs in the mud, Kai giving the bear a good punch, and Suho drenching the wolf in a heavy clap of water. Once he reached one, they all spun around and began sprinting at full speed towards the cave, where Tiffany, Sunny, and Yoona were waiting outside of to grab the other benders and throw them inside.

Yuri reached first and leaped through the hole, beginning to bend the walls to make them deeper and extend into the mountain. Chanyeol was second and Yoona grabbed a hold of him, helping the panting male inside and residing in a corner to make room for the other approaching members. All their packs and other belongings had already been packed up except for Jessica's sleeping bag due to the fact she was currently residing inside of it. They lay neatly in a line with Jessica, however the members had to squeeze to make room because there wasn't much space with all the backpacks and bodies.

Kai was third and he scooped up the sleeping girl on the ground, easily throwing her over his shoulder and moving forward as Yuri continued to make a tunnel. Tiffany followed the strong male and began handing him packs and taking a few as well, giving them out to Chanyeol and Yoona as well. Suho was slower than the rest because of his shoulder wound and the fact he needed to be last in order to create the wall of water which would stop or at least slow the animals down immensly.

Sunny ran out further to greet him, she ducked underneath his hurt arm instantly and helped him through the last steps, turning around with him when he reached the inside of the cave. His hands moved upwards quickly when he saw the predators rapidly approaching and suddenly they were suspended in mid air in the wall of water that had been created. Yuri quickly formed a wall to close the only opening they had and the group was plunged into darkness.

Tiffany and Chanyeol were the ones to light their hands up and allow for Yuri to see, which she greatly appreciated as she continued to craft her tunnel. They all formed a single file and began following the female as she lead the way and pushed the walls forward and forwad until she felt that they were a quarter into the mountain. No one bothered to set up their sleeping bags, they all just assembled into beds Yuri made of dirt as the fire bending male lit a branch on fire and stuck it in the middle of them - not even caring about creating a full-fledged fire.

"I'll take watch for the rest of the night, you all go to sleep while I mend Suho." Sunny announced, ready to defy anyone who dared to argue with her, but the benders were all too tired to oppose the healer. The female gently lay a wincing Suho down on the ground, using a sleeping pack to serve as a substitute for a pillow. His tired eyes gazed up at her and a smile slowly tugged at his lips as she shook her head and tsked while removing the clothes covering his upper half.

Everyone had passed out quickly from the exhaustion and fear of fighting and walking for around an hour to reach the location they were currently seated in. It was about 10 minutes before the petite female spoke up while gently rubbing at the water bender's arm, "You should be more careful..what if I wasn't here to mend your shoulder?" She asked softly, sliding the bag of medical supplies over to her side as she thumbed through the contents to find a solution that would make sure his gash wouldn't become infected. After finding it, the girl placed it on the ground and checked on how her rags were doing at soaking up the escaping liquid. The bleeding seemed to have stopped and now she was going to have to disinfect and seal the wound. A few chuckles escaped his mouth as he tiredly closed his eyes when the liquids came in contact with his shoulder, hissing from the stinging sensation.

"But you always make things better, it's your specialty." Sunny laughed softly before disposing of the used pad in a bag and then taking off the rubber gloves that were coating her expert hands. She then reached up to place her forefinger on the beginning of the gash, swiping it along the cut while the pad of her finger glowed and sealed the skin shut. The leader felt a warmth go through him and he relaxed, allowing her to finish and cover him in a blanket that came with the healing supplies.

"Good night Suho, you did very well tonight. Rest well." The healer whispered softly as she slowly ran her hand through his soft hair, she knew it had a calming effect on people that were anxious or still a bit fired up from the adrenaline the wound would create, so Sunny usually did this in order to make her patient relax. Suho became putty in her palm and was asleep quite quickly as her soft voice was humming a tune from a story long ago.

 

the writer's words

sighs i was about a quarter into the chapter and didn't write a title when i accidentally clicked back and erased everything >:( oh well! at least I finished it and now I can rest because it's so late here oopsie haha i barely edited so sorry for any typos! i'll fix them tomorrow hope you enjoyed! i'll reply to your comments tomorrow as well because i need to sleep now but i love them so much! thank you :)

< a tori creation >