Escape into the night

Chimera's fated 9
escape into the night
as soon as there is life there is danger. 
—— ralph waldo emerson

The tension in the air could be cut with a knife, and the only sound greeting their ears was silence.

Suho could almost hear his heart beating like a hammer and his mouth went dry at the announcement of his teacher who seemed almost unfazed by his sudden declaration. His stomach churned with uneasiness and the male could tell that he wasn't alone, his fellow students looked just as surprised and let down as he did. The leader should have known, their instructor wouldn't have treated them to a luxurious weekend without dropping something serious into the mix.

Master Kim allowed his trainees a few minutes for the information to sink in, he knew it was a lot due to the fact they had been working hard for years and now all of that would be put into play.

"Many years ago there was a prediction made, a vision was glimpsed by a spiritual man that depicted the demise of our very existence. A shadow would travel the world leaving a wake in it's path, and if no one bothered to stop it - we would all be gone. This man however, also saw legends rising up to defeat this dark entity, strong warriors that could save the planet we live on, and that's when he came to me and told me it was my duty to seek you all out. I have trained hundreds of students before, but you 9 were the most important i've ever had. I've trained you all to the best of my ability and I hold complete faith that you will complete your mission."

"Soonkyu." His calm voice called out as he addressed the healer of the group, whose head shot up in surprise and nodded slowly at the male. "I've been fully aware of your mornings spent outside of my office ever since the first occurrence, and I'm glad you've been taking notes because you all need the information - it'll come in handy." The range of emotions on the girl's face went from horror to confusion to relief due to the fact he was right, she had information about battles, techniques, powers, and appearances from The Unforgivable and his students and when they were on the road they could study it and figure out a plan.

"Joonmyun, you are the leader of this mission - Do you hear that everyone? Anything he says will be done, if he asks you to jump off a cliff, then do so. Yuri, you're second in command, you have authority over the others as well and will step up to the plate if Joonmyun is stripped of his responsibilites." His tone became stern as his dark eyes swept the group of students before him, it definitely wasn't a time for jokes.

"Since The Unforgivable has been approaching our home and causing destruction in other towns, you all are going to travel to where his shadow originated and that is a city in the southeast called 'Solidity', the only issue is that he is considered royalty in that town and you must disguise yourselves. One of his abilities is control and innocent people have easily become his slaves. Speaking of those, some of our servants have been spying for him which is why we came here - a place free of prying eyes and listening ears."

That's when a shiver went down both Tiffany and Sunny's spine and the pair turned to look at each other, expressions of absolute fear painted on their faces. Mei Li had been snooping around their room for Sunny's journal, Mei Li had been trying to get rid of the notes the healer had taken on The Unforgivable.

"I told the staff we would be gone for a few days at the spa which gives you all a headstart. Tonight you will go back to the academy, collect individual bags of supply that i've hidden inside the passageway behind my office, and escape into the horse stables where you will leave your school behind. As for me, I will stay behind - don't worry about my fate, I'll help evacuate the city and stay safe, you guys need to focus on your own mission at hand." 

The Master looked around at his now former pupils, despite feeling a pang of despair in his heart his face remained stoic and unemotional. He no longer saw the young and innocent children he had picked up on the streets, he saw fighters that would be able to defeat the world's greatest villain. "I'm extremely proud of you guys, I know you can do it." He wrapped up his speech while nodding his head and standing up, watching as they all followed with matching expressions.

None of them needed to go back to their rooms to collect clothes they wouldn't need, the supplies were at the Academy and so the 9 benders began their journey after bidding their teacher one last farewell.

-

For the second time that night, silence enveloped the group of 9.

They were all seated in the back of a wagon pulling a cart of flour in the direction of the mountain, their robes were still on from the spa and Yoona was working hard to make all of them invisible at once. She was doing a fantastic job and at the moment she was fine, but the girl knew that over time her body would get exhausted from pulling the weight of 8 other individuals. The wagon took them most of the way there, but eventually they were forced to start hiking up the mountain once they reached the bottom.

The hike was long and tiring, but their muscles were relaxed and flexible due to the massages so it was easier to climb. As they made their way up, Suho began listing steps in their plan to break into their home and slip into the hidden passageway. Their bags of supplies were stashed all the way at the end of the secret tunnel underneath the hidden door to the stables, they would go one at a time, change into the clothes that were waiting for them, and then crawl out and wait for the next person. 

They arrived at their home without being seen and the group went around to a side window where Sehun blew the lock to the side and opened the window for them. All of them climbed in silently while being invisible and found themselves slowly walking through the kitchen towards the hallway. The fear of being caught caused their adrenaline to spike heavily and even the sound of a bird outside resulted in their sensitive senses to pick up immediately. Chanyeol was almost sad to realize that only a few days ago he had been in the same exact spot eating cookies at the late hour, but now had things changed - he was currently fending for his life. He couldn't be sad, he had to be serious.

They tiptoed down the hallway to where the Grandfather clock stood proud and Kai stepped forward in order to effortlessly move the large piece of furniture to the side. They had decided prior to slipping inside the old estate the order of entering the passageway and the tan skinned male was to be last so that he could move the clock back and make it seem as though they were never there.

Sunny was the first to go because she would be the only single rider on a horse. Due to the fact her power was healing, the girl had bandages and extra supplies to carry with her on the road. Her fingers could easily mend broken bones and gashes, however keeping 8 other individuals healthy at all times would be difficult and that would resort to her using herbs and ointments on some occassions. Her muscles were used to crawling through the hole and disappearing into the darkness, so the female was swift at making her way inside and avoiding planks of wood and other obstacles that would slow her down.

They counted down 4 minutes before sending Tiffany on her way. After that was Chanyeol, Yuri, Sehun, Suho, Jessica, Yoona, and finally Kai was surprised to find himself alone in the large building. He was at 3 minutes and 6 seconds when suddenly the sound of footsteps reached his ears.

His heart leaped out of his ribcage and quickly the male dashed forward into the passageway, not forgetting to grab a hold of the clock and yank it to the side in order to conceal their escape route. He couldn't remember whether or not the wood made a screeching noise on the tile, but at the time he couldn't care less. The footsteps were only getting closer and closer and goosebumps were forming all over his exposed flesh. The bender held his breath as he suddenly heard the noise right outside until they stopped right in front of the concealed door. His teeth sunk down on the skin of his hand as he attempted to stifle the gasps and screams that wanted to desperately tear out of his throat. 

The footsteps had paused before continuing onto whereever it's owner had been going, and the male relaxed his head against the wall behind him while trying to calm his racing heartbeat. Once he was sure he was alone, the teenager dashed forward as fast as he could on all fours before coming to a clearing and taking note of the single bag left for him.

All of their robes and spa clothes had been ditched on the ground and soon his followed as the male changed into the clothes that had been waiting for him. After he had let out a sign of relief, Kai snatched up the bag with his initials on it and lifted himself up through the trap door to find his fellow members waiting for him on their horses. Suho was leading the line on top of a white horse with Yoona sitting behind him, looking as though she was ready to pass out. Yuri was on a grey horse behind Suho with Sehun at the back, afterwards Sunny was mounted on a tan horse that was fitted with bags of supplies and stood in the middle of the line. Jessica was his riding partner and she was sitting on a brown horse waiting for him to take the reins, which he did once he walked over. Following them were Chanyeol and Tiffany who were on a black horse bringing up the rear.

Suho double checked to see if everyone was ready to depart, allowing Yoona to rest her head against his back due to the fact she was still managing to keep them invisible after hours of continuing to do so. After making sure s said goodbye to their home, he unlocked the door to the stables and started to make it rain so that the water would erase the hoove marks they would leave behind.

The group galloped away into the forest and never looked back.

 

 

the writer's words

Wow this chapter took forever to write. I was so tired when I was beginning to write this a few days ago that I completely forgot to hide it and accidentally showed it to you all ; ; sorry lol how embarrassing! I've been trying to create their clothes to show you but it hasn't been going too smoothly so i'm not sure if i can pull it off < / 3 but yay! the story has finally started and I'm glad c: hope you enjoyed! thanks for reading!

< a tori creation >