The journal's secrets

Chimera's fated 9
riddle me this
being oppressed means the absence of choices
—— bell hooks

 

The female was grinning from ear to ear as she burst into her room and headed straight towards her closet, throwing the door to the side in order to grab the suitcase residing inside the small space. Tiffany had excused herself early from dinner after hearing incredible news from Master Kim - the next day all the students would be venturing into Chimera to a bath house for a day of pampering and the girl could barely contain her excitement. 

She dragged her bright luggage across the floor of the room in order to drop it in front of her dresser before walking carefully towards her bed and crawling underneath it. She kept an abundance of the candy her father sent her in a stash taped to the ceiling of her bedframe due to the fact her roommate Sunny was a sugar monster and couldn't possibly be tamed. Once the female was completely under her bed, she began pulling at the box containing all her sweets when suddenly she heard the faint click of the door closing.

Weird, I could have sworn I closed the door - Tiffany's thoughts were interrupted when the faint sound of slippers against wood could be heard and soon enough, a pair of legs came into view that she didn't recognize. At first the girl suspected Sunny was the person who had entered the room, however, something simply seemed to be off. The person was slinking along, almost like a fox weaving it's way through tall stalks of grass to hunt down it's prey.

Heed in mind that Tiffany was a trained professional so it didn't take long for her to calm down, take a few deep breaths, and slowly roll out from underneath the bed. The female was at an advantage, her identity was concealed and that allowed her to decide to observe the stranger's actions and plan accordingly. Bit by bit the girl moved so that her body went from a lying down position to a crouched one, after that she raised herself slightly to peek over the top of her blankets and look at who was currently in her bedroom.

The female was a bit surprised to find the familiar head of their maid Mei Li, but what surprised her even more was that the woman was rifiling through her roommate's belongings. Tiffany watched as the woman's fingers opened up drawers and skimmed through the contents, finally taking out a very familiar notebook that Sunny had been carrying around with her every morning. Tiffany then cleaned and watched as the maid turned around slowly with an almost hollow smile plastered on her face.

"Ah, Mistress Stephanie - I didn't see you there. Misstress Soonkyu requested that I bring her a journal, I apologize for any inconvience I may have caused." Mei Li's lips curled in a fake smile coupled with a piercing gaze that sent shivers up the female's spine. Tiffany merely returned a blank smile while crinkling her eyes slightly, shaking her head and approaching the other bedroom's inhabitant.

She knew that Mei Li was lying through her teeth.

"I was planning on returning back downstairs, so why don't you give the journal to me? I'll hand it off to Sunny myself." Tiffany announced, placing a hand on the personal diary in her maid's hand, ignoring the flicker of darkness in the woman's irises. She could feel the hesitation, but the servant handed over the journal and followed Tiffany out the door. After bidding her cleaning lady a farewell, the student waited until her back disappeared around a corner to turn around and lock the door to her room.

-

That night, the two girls were finishing up packing for the trip early the next morning. Sunny exited the bathroom, yellow pajamas covering her short figure,  facemask covering her features, and wet hair falling in waves against her skin. Tiffany was observing the contents of her luggage to double-check if she had everything when she felt the outline of the notebook press against her body from inside the pocket it was in. Her thoughts immediately scattered to the incident that occurred earlier and she felt the need to bring it up with her roommate.

"Sunny, what's this notebook about?" The female questioned, turning towards her best friend with a concerned expression dominating her face as well as the book in her grasp. Sunny's eyes widened at the sight of the journal that held the important notes about The Unforgivable and the girl instantly moved forward to take it from her companion.

"Oh my goodness, where did you find this? Thank you - it's important." The girl exclaimed, turning around to her suitcase and place the notebook inside a smaller compartment. Tiffany crawled on top of her bed and underneath the covers, sighing softly as she ran a hand through her own long locks of hair.

"Mei Li found it inside of your bureau, she said you asked her for it." The female announced, watching as her roommate peeled the facemask off, revealing a shocked expression. "What? I never asked her for it." Sunny retorted, snorting as she threw away the facemask and climbed underneath her own blankets.

'That's what I thought too...weird, huh?" Tiffany muttered, settling into the pillows while jutting her lower lip out to form a pout. Once Sunny had settled in as well, the student snapped her fingers and all lights went out in the room. Rustling could be heard and after a few seconds there lay a comfortable silence between the two, which Tiffany ended up breaking.

"Sunny, if you don't mind me asking - what is in that notebook? you've been so attatched to it." The girl's voice was soft and fragile, almost a little hurt that her close friend was keeping a secret from her. Silence was the only thing that could be heard, and the female was wondering whether or not her roommate had fallen asleep or was just ignoring her. There was a little more rustling and the sound of a zipper when suddenly the female felt a dip in her bed and the presence of another being on top of the mattress.

"Promise not to tell anyone?" Sunny whispered as she got closer and eventually seated herself next to Tiffany, the girl was about to nod but she remembered they had been plunged into complete darkness. Holding out her palms, a spark of blue electricity appeared and soon enough there was a small bolt of lightning that lay floating above the pale skin of her hands, casting a glow over the two females.

 "I Promise." Tiffany softly mumbled back, relieved that she would finally be told of the contents in the book after pondering it for days. Sunny had taken it out of her suitcase and after explaining how she had been listening in on Master Kim's conversations, the girl began listing the bullet notes she had taken.

"Master Kim has been speaking about this force called The Unforgivable. This thing has been killing a lot of civilians and demolishing property, the real issue is that no one can identify him or her, partly because they can't live to tell or due to the fact he/she resembles a black shadow - no one can see any facial or body features. There are some students working underneath him that have been terrorizing others as well, but they're quick in escaping and shielding their face like him. The village Sen was burned down 2 weeks ago, the survivors explain seeing a young male with orbs of fire dancing in his palms. Another town called Kona was simply put to sleep, everyone inside the city's boundaries slipped into a strange acoma and haven't been able to wake up yet, a messenger found them all. They were in the streets, in their carriages, cooking - it was crazy" The girl's nose crinkled in confusion before continuing, "I have many more towns in here, but two days ago I realized something when looking at the coordinates of the cities."

Sunny's breaths were shaky as she removed a piece of paper tucked inside the pages, after unfolding it Tiffany realized the female was holding up a map marked with dots to symbolize the towns that were mentioned. Tiffany had to squint and bring her hands closer to the chart in order to get a better look, and once she did, a raw gasp escaped .

Her companion had drawn a line through all the towns that had been attacked and it formed a clear segement that was getting closer and closer to Chimera. It wasn't like it was randomly scattered along the map, it looked as though the locations had been carefully thought out. "Scary, huh?" Sunny whispered, folding the map back up and slipping it in her notebook before sliding off the bed and returning to her own. The other female extinguished the flame she had been holding up while clearing and trying to keep her head from buzzing so much. "Yeah..." Her voice trailed off and worry filled her, replacing the excitement that had been bubbling inside of her prior to the notebook's secrets being revealed.

"We'll all figure it out together, don't worry Tiffany - Master Kim knows what he's doing, we were trained very well, Good Night." Sunny softly reassured the other while snuggling closer to her bunny stuffed animal, "Remember, tomorrow we're going to have so much fun." The girl reminded Tiffany while closing her eyes. The red head tried to calm herself down before tossing and turning a bit and finally drifting off to sleep, "Good Night Sunny, Thank you." 

That night she dreamed of death.

 

the writer's words

Just to remind you again if you're confused, Tiffany has the power of electricity so she's able to turn off lights without actually doing anything and create bolts of lightning and stuff :) since this chapter was pretty dark the next one will be happy and filled with situations the bath house! yay haha

< a tori creation >