Trip into Chimera

Chimera's fated 9
trip into chimera
greater things are said to be done in this city
—— unknown

All his irritation and pent up frustrations left the youngest male in a long and menacing sigh.

 He was currently seated inbetween a cranky Kai and a practically shouting Chanyeol, pondering how all the bad decisions he had made up to that point brought him to his current location. The hour was way too early for the 9 benders to be up and about, hauling their luggage out the academy doors and down the high mountain to the trolley waiting for them at the bottom. The sun was just beginning to rise as the students and their master began their journey into the town that went by the name of Chimera.

Just as the vehicle had lurched forward and started it's daily trip into the city, Sehun couldn't help but notice his instructor staring longingly out the window towards their home on the hill. It was quickly replaced by a regular expression while the older male removed a book from his pocket and began to study it quietly. They were seated on two benches facing each other split into two groups consisting of 5.

Master Kim sat next to the trolley doors and Yuri was placed next to him, arms crossed over her chest as she closed her eyes and kept quiet, not wanting her peace to be disturbed. Next to Yuri was Chanyeol, who was excitedly telling a story that included him waking up in the middle of the night when he was younger to find himself sleep walking into the kitchen. Sehun had absolutely no clue as to where he gained all the energy due to the fact he was focusing more on attempting to control his fists from whirling the other out the window. Sehun was (unfortunately) to the right of Chanyeol and to the left of Kai, who was excluding himself from the conversation in a weak attempt to protest being risen at the crack of dawn.

Across from Kai was Jessica, who was (not) surprisingly sleeping through all the bumps the wheels of the trolley had met. Seated after the sleeping girl was Yoona and Tiffany, who were listening to Chanyeol ramble and laugh about how 'hilarious' it was waking up with his hand in the cookie jar. Next to the electricity bender was Sunny and she was fast asleep like Jessica except her head was resting on the shoulder of Suho who was reading a newspaper and occasionally doting checking on the female.

To conclude, Sehun was not a happy camper.

-

Jessica awoke to being shaken lightly by Yoona, who had a wide grin plastered on her face as she whispered softly that they had arrived at the spa. The female opened her eyes and rubbed them while blinking and looking around. Suitcases were being taken out of the vehicle and other students were standing up and stretching. The girl laughed a little when she noticed Suho was practically craddling Sunny who seemed to be refusing to rouse and Sehun who had snatched Chanyeol and held him in a headlock.

The snow bender yawned and stretched while standing up and following Yoona out of the vehicle, moving to stand next to Master Kim who was blowing air onto his face using a fan. The staff of the bath house had almost completed theit task of moving the suitcases into their suite as the passengers filed out of the trolley one by one. It was around 8 in the morning but Jessica was happy to be where she was with her friends, she was also more than ready for a day of pampering.

As the last of the luggage was removed from the trolley and it had driven away, the tourists were allowed inside the bath house and they all observed their surroundings carefully.  The spa seemed to be quite older, however it was well kept with elegant furniture and staff willing to tend to their every need. The sleeping and rommate arrangments were kept the same as the ones in the academy to save time and arguments, and when Yuri, Yoona, and Jessica had entered their room, the three girls squeaked and giggled in bliss.

The room contained 3 beds and each had a robe, a towel, a pair of slippers, and a few beauty products. There were doors made of bamboo that if opened would lead to a private courtyard, which could only be accessed by the 10 guests. All their rooms were built around the  courtyard consisting of a hot bath and a colder pool, so they could all take a swim together whenever they wanted. Before they could change and explore their courtyard, the staff there informed the three they had scheduled massages. 

All the girls were taken to a different part of the building away from the guys after they had stripped themselves and covered their bodies with the robes and slippers. For a few hours, the female students were treated delicately and pampered like princesses. They visited a steam room and the women working there massaged their backs and placed hot rocks on top of their bodies in order to relax the stressed muscles hiding underneath the skin. Their skin was also gently slathered in lotion and their hair was braided and washed with care, causing the girls to admire their soft locks in the mirror afterwards.

It was around noon when they received a break in their massage schedule that consisted of lunch and a nap. Their meal was sushi and warm tea that was supposed to be good for their health and their mid-day nap was taken in the sunlight in a room filled with couches and pillows. At around 2 the girls got their nails clipped and polished before they were told to enjoy the rest of their day exploring the building or residing inside of their private barracks. All 5 females decided to enter the courtyard after changing into shorts and a t shirt and relax by the pool and personal bath. They found the 4 boys who told them Master Kim was in his room and explained they had recieved the same treatment as them. After talking a bit and taking a dip in the pool, Chanyeol mentioned he had come across a ping pong room and that they should go and play.

The group approached the room that their friend had mentioned and were ecstatic to find 4 ping pong tables with equiptment placed to the side. They had all decided on the polar opposites playing against each other while Sunny (Healing) would be playing the ultimate winner. Sehun (Air) and Yuri (Earth) would be battling each other first, followed by Chanyeol (Fire) and Suho (Water), Yoona (Invisibility) and Kai (Strength), and Jessica (Snow) and Tiffany (Electricity).

The first match was certainly not going smoothly due to the fact both of them were using their powers to cheat. Yuri would grip her racket hard and grow branches and cause the wood to extend so that her paddle was twice the normal size while Sehun would blow the ball back onto the table whenever it would get out of his reach. Due to the fact they were moving quickly and smacking the ball with a lot of strength, Sehun started to pant and that affected his ability to save the falling ball - crowning Yuri as the Victor.

Chanyeol was crazy enough to light the ping pong ball on fire and smack it towards the male leader's face, which he extinguished with a wave of water before hitting it back towards his opponent.  The two went at it for quite a while before Chanyeol accidentally hit the ball towards Sehun and it landed on his shorts - which was a grave mistake. After blowing out the fire, Sehun tackled the giant who yelped with fear and that allowed Suho to lightly tap the ball and watch no one receive it, making him the winner.

Yoona and Kai were fighting over who would serve - If Yoona served, then she would most likely win due to the fact it would be invisible and the male wouldn't be able to see it. If Kai served, he would most likely win due to the fact it would be so fast due to his monsterous strength. The pair both held a ping pong in their grasp and eventually served at the same time - Kai's ball shot through the wall behind them like a bullet and a few screams could be heard which caused both of them to go wide-eyed. Yoona's ball wasn't visible and ended up smacking the boy right in the face to his horror as he yelled and spun in circles.

 Tiffany had placed a few sparks around her ball which would shock any patch of skin that came in contact with it's surface, and Jessica had frosted over her paddle so that it was harder and sent the ball further faster. When Chanyeol got tackled however, he crashed into Tiffany's legs which caused her to topple over as well and miss the ball that was bouncing towards her. It rolled off the table and landed on the poor maknae who seethed with fury and only punched his hyung harder - which automatically gave the match to Jessica. Sunny had been seated on top of a stool while watching all these events unfold with smoke, screams, fire, snow, holes in the wall and tree branches and she decided then and there that she would rather be a part of the audience.

After terrorizing the ping pong room and using up a good portion of their energy, the group decided to not play any longer while noticing the time and heading back to their rooms to order room service. The three girls had salmon, steak, and tofu which they all shared amongst themselves while smiling and filling their empty stomachs. They had just finished their delicious meal when someone knocked at their door and requested their presence outside in the courtyard.

They cleaned up before leaving their room and noticing their friends were being brought out as well to see Master Kim sitting in the middle of the grass, waiting for them to seat themselves in front of him. The man watched as they assembled before him and he removed his fan to wave it in front of his face while staring at them intently.

"Your training ends today and your mission is starting tonight."

 

 

 

the writer's words

Hi guys! to be honest this chapter was pretty rushed because i'll be gone for a few days without wifi and I wanted to quickly update before I leave :) i might write a bit while i'm gone but i don't think i'll be able to update anything because of the lack of wifi but when I be back i'll write more! thank you for your comments and taking the time to read this < 3 

< a tori creation >