Their Dystopias

Chimera's fated 9
their dystopias
isolation is a dream killer.
—— barbara sher

What happened?

Yoona's delicate eyelids slowly fluttered open as her eyes were met with a painted white ceiling, her mind was in a whirl as she adjusted to her surroundings. The female lifted her body up using her elbows and furrowned her eyebrows in concern, where was she? The girl was clad in a simple ivory dress that reached her knees and she had been resting on a polished wooden floor in the middle of an empty room. Her heartbeat had gone from a calm speed to a rather quick one in seconds as the bender fumbled to stand and look around for any subtle hints of danger. 

She set off at a brisk pace out of the room she had awoken in, which was absolutely barren of any furniture, color, or paintings. Yoona felt as though a cloud of confusion was obscuring any other thoughts she had, it was probably the first in a very long time that the girl had found herself lost. Her mind was drifting as her feet carried the rest of her body through the rather large mansion, the female felt almost numb when discovering that every room was exactly the same. Their walls were all white and there was nothing decorating the floors or wall, it made her feel eerily hollow inside.

"Sehun? Yuri? Jessica?" Her fingers cupped the area around as she yelled for her fellow members, hoping that maybe they were somewhere nearby. The girl went through all the rooms again while calling out their names, attempting to keep her voice from cracking due to the fear. "This isn't funny!" She screamed, not caring anymore if it was a prank or not - she just wanted to see Chanyeol or Kai burst through the door while laughing and telling her how funny she looked when scared - But soon enough began to burn and she was becoming more concious of the fact that she was alone because of the silence she was engulfed in and the lack of a response from anyone. Yoona desperately wanted to cry with each passing second, she wanted to capitulate to her inner feelings but at the same time the female wouldn't let herself break. She just had to find the others quickly and escape the strange house as soon as possible. She had to keep the image of being eveloped in warm hugs by the others close to steady her heartbeat.

The girl slowly walked out of the home, thinking that she would stumble across other houses but was stunned to find the land barren. There were no other signs of civilization other than the building she had exited from, which only caused Yoona to panic more. There were just miles and miles of land, no trees, no people, and no animals. She kneeled on the grass and began running a hand through her hair while the other muffled the choked sobs that tore through .

She was so scared.

-

He awoke in the softest bed he had ever known.

Chanyeol's limbs were bent over the bed frame and in an awkward and stretched position, but the male wasn't able to feel it because of his deep slumber. Due to the fact the bed was made for a child and he was a giant, the fire bender barely fit on the piece of furniture at all and it was quite a shock for anyone to find him snoring away on top of it. At first, he only felt calm and at peace when his eyes opened but when the memories of racing back to the lake resurfaced, Chanyeol felt a sudden wave of anxiety hit. After hurriedly sitting up and scanning his surroundings, a pang of saddness hit his heart and a sigh escaped his lips. He was well aware of the fact this was a hallucination or a dream before his body even left the bed.

The male had been raised from a baby to a child in the very room he was seated in.

Chanyeol could be simply described as a very happy and energetic kid who was rarely seen crying, his Mother was told by countless friends that she was lucky to have such a child. His Mom was honestly his world at the time, she made him his meals, tucked him in every night, kissed his forehead countless times and read him many stories - he always boasted about her to his friends. His Father was tall and goofy like him and was also a Fire Bender, his job involved going out in groups and monitoring the mountains and land to see if anything was a threat. Chanyeol usually spent his days playing outside with other neighborhood kids and going to elementary school - however, that was before the accident struck.

One night, his father came home and he was different - something had gone wrong on one of his missions but he wouldn't tell them what happened. For a day or so, his strange behavior went on until that night, Chanyeol woke up to find his home in flames. His Mother was shaking him awake while crying and telling him that she loved him, the female then helped the boy out of his window and onto the grass. While this was all happening, he could hear his Father screaming in the background as well as his home falling apart.

The boy ran far away from the house while listening to his Mother scream. He was discovered a few days later in the woods and after recovering from the lack of food, water, and sleep, he was told that his father died but his Mother was in critical condition. He was kept in the same hospital as her but he was allowed minimal contact. They both recovered but his Mom was forced to be bedridden for years, and that's when a man approached her and asked for permission for Chanyeol to train in his academy - that man turned out to be his Master. A few years before the 9 of them had gone to defeat the Unforgivable, his precious Mother slipped away in her sleep and he was left an orphan.

The bender stood up from the small bed and wandered over to the dresser full of clumsy drawings and toys that had once belonged to him, a smile slowly tugged at his lips as he continued to observe his room that had turned to ashes in only one night. His back suddenly straightened and his muscles grew tight when he heard the door hesitantly open, and he spun around only to feel a sudden drop in his stomach. 

There she was.

Her long hair was swept back into a bun, her skin contained the healthy glow that she had lost after the fire, and a genuine smile was lighting up her stunning features. Chanyeol's breath was taken away at the sight of his Mom before she was burned and left to slowly decay, he had forgotten what she looked like when she was happy. His throat had suddenly become dry and his eyes had widened as she approached him, "Awake from your nap already, baby? Daddy will be home soon!" 

-

Yuri woke up with a deep inhale of air and a few pants due to the shock.

The female had been lugging bags of resources and following Chanyeol into camp when she suddenly heard a gasp to her right and then saw a bright light - that was all she could remember. She had woken up and suddenly found herself somewhere else at a different time - which spooked the girl as she looked around in awe. That wasn't the worst part though, the thing that scared her even more was the fact that she was on an aircrafted plane in the middle of the sky. Yuri's worst fear was not being able to touch the ground, especially because she was an earth bender. She was okay with bodies of water unless she was able to see the ground and could reach it from time to time, however, ships and planes were certianly not her thing.

 She was lying in the cargo part of the plane with certain materials strewn throughout the room, but the female could barely move an inch. She was too scared when picturing the plane crashing to the ground, it took all the strength in her body to move her hand forward an inch. Eventually, the girl began crawling out of the room she had woken up in and decided to find the captain of the plane or a seat for her to sit in. The fact that she wasn't strapped in made her stomach do flipflops, it wasn't safe to be roaming about on a flying vehicle. Yuri finally stumbled across an array of seats and the second she sat down and clipped in her seatbelt, a deafening BOOM could be heard and all of her worst fears were confirmed as the plane tilted and began falling.

She didn't think of memories in her life or all the benders as she fell from the sky, the only thing she felt was her long black hair whipping her pale face and a blank mind. Her stomach felt like it was dropping and her heart seemed to stop, the only thing the girl could do was sit there and wait for her doom to come. Yuri never remembered hitting the ground, however everything went black and the next thing she knew was that she was waking up again on a wooden floor.

By this point, the blood in her body was rushing to her head due to the confusion and amount of horror she had experienced - especially now, after finding out where she was now. The floor felt like it was constantly moving and the smell of salt invaded her senses, yep, Yuri was somehow now on a boat. Her mind felt sluggish as she lifted her body up and looked around to notice that the waves were unusually high and mighty and the sky was quite dark, obvious signs that a storm was coming. This had to be a nightmare.

-

He was happy.

Suho was being pulled into the lake by a smiling Sunny, and he allowed her to with a few chuckles once his feet met with the cool water. She looked absolutely stunning in a bathing suit and the male found his cheeks lighting up with warmth as the two slowly progressed deeper into the water. His head turned back to look at the beach, and the leader was a bit surprised to find it vacant, the other members must have not gone with them. Suho shrugged it off once he felt a hand caressing his cheek and he turned his focus back to the female who seemed to be just fine in the water, which was a bit strange to him.

For some reason, she continued to lead him deeper and deeper until the girl stopped and lifted his own hands to cover his eyes. It seemed as though they were playing some sort of hide 'n' seek, and Suho was a bit confused about it but he decided to simply go along with it. He began to count softly to 20 and listened intently to the splashes she made while swimming away. He was on 16 when suddenly, a few gun shots rang out and the male immediately removed his palms from his eyes. His heart was racing as he called out for his girlfriend, only to find no reply. The leader quickly began swimming around and was in shock to find that a section of the water had turned red.

His cries of her name only became more desperate before he decided to duck underwater and see if maybe her body was there. He searched hard for any trace of the healer, but his hands came up empty. When Suho finally resurfaced, he was a bit stunned to find Kai on the beach waving and calling his name as if nothing was wrong. It was then that more gun shots could be heard and the boy's body dropped to the ground, Suho screamed again and began to swim as fast as he could in order to reach the other bender.

The leader had never been more afraid in his entire life, the other members meant the world to him and he would much rather have himself be hurt than one of them. It seemed as though there was absolutely nothing he could do to save the rest of the members that were dying in front of his eyes, and at one point, the male simply burst into tears and shook his head from the frustration and depression. He was a failure.

-

Sehun found himself in an old and abandoned theater alone. It must have been quite popular and expensive back in the day due to the fact there was gold everywhere - golden seats with plush red cushions, golden statues and decorations, there was a golden embrodied ceiling as well as huge chandeleirs. The only issue was the fact time had done it's part, allowing dust and cobwebs to cover the luxurious furntiure. He walked down the rows and seats and attempted to find an exit, he honestly found it a bit hard to care about the location he was currently at. It wasn't that the youngest male was immune to fear, it was just that at the time he suspected this to be some sort of a joke and he wasn't taking any of it seriously. The wind bender had been roaming the first floor of seats when suddenly a speaker came on and a voice could be heard.

"Oh Sehun, take a seat! The show is starting momentarily." 

The voice was really quite strange, it was high pitched in some parts of the sentence and scratchy as well and the male knew that it had to have some kind of sound effect on it. Sehun deadpanned for a few seconds before sighing and shrugging his shoulders. Sure, why not play along. He sat in the middle row of seats and attempted to get the chair that was closest to the center which would give him the best view. It was then that the lights dimmed and the lush curtains were drawn back to reveal the dark stage that suddenly illuminated, revealing a puppet show. It was a Chinese Shadow puppet show though, so a sheet was set up and a fire was ignited behind it which created silhouettes of the puppets. ( example here! c:)

Sehun squinted in confusion once the first puppet made an appearance, it had waves of wind following it and it was skipping along when a girl crossed it's path and walked alongside it. They were suddenly overtaken by a large wave of water but they continued on their journey after overcoming it. The girl seemed to have some sort of sparkler attatched to her that was constantly cracking with energy and the male shifted in his seat uncomfortably at the sight. A sparkler close to fabric and the paper that made up the puppets was a bad idea, it could easily catch the flame and cause a fire. The two puppets came across a few more that were dark and seemed to have an evil vibe rolling off of them. The first puppet stepped forward to protect the female, who was grabbed by one of the bad guys. The bad guy then got the sparkler that had been attatched to her and Sehun watched with a blank face as the bad puppet used the sparkler to set the first puppet on fire before his very eyes. 

He watched as the puppet burned and curled up into wisps of ashes.

The next thing he knew, Sehun was waking up back on the beach of the lake while Jessica patted at his cheeks and repeated his name several times.

-

Kai woke up in a room that he learned to hate his entire life.

It was 'his' room back at the orphanage he grew up in - well, technically the bender previously shared it with 8 other abandoned boys, however he was kicked out from the community once the owners found out about his ability. The male abhored anything that had to do with this place and he wanted out the second he opened his eyes. Kai used to think that he set a new record for all orphans everywhere, he knew he wasn't made to live on earth when even an orphanage couldn't stand him and had to get rid of him. The bender rolled off the piece of furniture and eagerly crossed the room to the door when it suddenly opened and revealed one of the workers there.

"Jongin, there's a set of parents here to see you." The old and rather crabby woman announced to him, and the only thing that Kai could do was freeze. In his short time of living inside the building, not even one parent had wanted to set eyes on him. He had heard these words coming out of before, but it was for other kids who would ultimately end up leaving. He felt a surge of joy, confusion and anxiety - the poor boy didn't know what to do or say.

The worker scowled and shook her head as she snatched up Kai's hand and began leading him through the building, treating him just as she did when he was 6 years old. The male's mind was too busy thinking hard and worrying that he didn't notice how odd this seemed - he was a bit too absorbed with the thought of actually being wanted. They finally enetered a room and that's when Kai's stomach dropped as well as his jaw. The woman and man sitting and smiling at him looked just like he did, they looked like what he pictured his birth parents to be in his mind. This felt like it was a dream come true.

He sat down next to them and the woman gently carressed his face while the man began to rub at his shoulder. His Mother was sweet and her voice was soft as she spoke to him, and Kai thought to himself that he could just melt when listening to her say absolutely anything. They spoke about how old he was and what he liked to do, what his favorite color was and if he liked animals. He felt himself getting progressively more excited and happy, however that all went away when the kind mother took his face in her hands and whispered to him in that warm voice, "Oh Jongin, you're so silly - if only anyone could ever want you." 

It was then that she raised her palm to him and on instinct, the bender closed his eyes and when he opened them, he found himself back on the same bed he was on before. The door opened revealing the same worker with the same announcement, and Kai thought that he was beginning to go insane. Over and over again he met different pairs of parents who all said the same thing to him and practically crushed his heart.

-

Sunny woke up to find that it was snowing.

The female sat up slowly and rubbed at her eyes in confusion, not recognizing her location at all and wondering how much time had passed since she had fallen asleep. Last time the healer checked, it was the end of summer and the beginning of autumn - she had no clue as to why it was already winter all of a sudden. Or was it winter? Did it just snow regularly where she was currently located? She couldn't be sure. The girl was in a room that seemed to be completely void of anything but a couple of towels, so she opened the door and was a bit surprised to find a courtyard beyond that.

She figured there was nothing left to lose, so Sunny dropped into the grass and began exploring what she could. Something she noticed straight away was the fact the snow wasn't cold and it didn't stick to the ground, which made no sense to her but she shrugged it off. The female used to be a lucid dreamer when she was younger and it wasn't entirely uncommon for her to have a strange dream every once in a while. Being a lucid dreamer meant that she was completely aware of the fact that she was dreaming, so she could go where she wanted and do as she wished and it would feel extremely real but it all was a dream. 

Something that Master Kim trained her to do was called a reality check, and that included little tricks to check if she was asleep - because sometimes Sunny didn't know if she was dreaming or not. Her fingers wrapped around her nose and the girl waited to see if she could breathe, and she was able to which meant this wasn't reality, her body was somewhere sleeping. A smile slowly grew on her face as she let go of her nose and began skipping forward, now she could do whatever she wanted. 

The healer approached a garden and began picking at the flowers before weaving them into a crown, something the other girls begged her to do for them all the time. She would normally feel a bit bad for killing the plants, however they were a figment of her imagination so she could care less. After a few clicks of her tongue, the crown was complete and she placed it on her head with a broad grin - she was now queen of the dream world. The bender continued through the garden and was shocked to hear voices, there were other people here? Sunny crouched behind a bush and waited for the strangers to make their appearance - and once they did, she was stunned into silence. 

There was a man who had a very gentle appearance, his features were soft and once he smiled, there was no mistaking a large dimple near his mouth. His arm was hooked with a female who was quite shorter than him and wearing a red silk dress. She had medium length blonde hair and a parasol in her free hand, if Sunny wasn't aware of who the woman was, she would have assumed the two were a couple due to the close proximity and their flirty nature. The man was whispering and that resulted in the girl to laugh, she threw her golden locks back as multiple giggles slipped past her lips and the healer felt sick to her stomach. Her body then woke up and she thought to herself,

Why was she looking at herself with another man she didn't know? 

-

"MOM!"

Tiffany screamed in surprise as she raced forward into the arms of the woman she lost years ago.

The bender didn't remember waking up or even going to sleep, the only thing that mattered to her from the moment she looked in the kitchen was the figure that she grew to miss dearly. Everything felt like it was in slow motion as the girl ran with all her might and watched with glee as her Mother turned around from the sink and gathered the already crying female into her embrace. Never in her life had she felt so warm and loved, it was practically indescribable.

Her Mother was a stunning and positive woman that always looked on the bright side, Tiffany was glad that she was an only child because she got to have her all to herself. Her father was kind but he was very busy, and after Tiffany was born he and her mother split up so she didn't see him too often. Her father would just send checks for Tiffany and occasionally come to see her, he wasn't very involved in her life at all. When the bender began training, her mom used to visit at least once a month and bring cookies and toys for her and the other kids. It wasn't until Tiffany was around 15 that the visits came less and less because her mom became sick.

It was awful seeing her just decay, it certainly wasn't easy and she wished that she could have focused more of her time spending it with the one person that supported her through everything. Tiffany was told a few months after her 16th birthday that her mother ended up dying after one of her treatments and that's when the guilt set in. Never had she felt such an emotion so strong, she couldn't believe that she would never be able to see her mom again. Sunny used to tell her that one day she would heal her mom and make her healthy again once she finished her training, but she didn't learn fast enough. Tiffany didn't blame her best friend though, she just went to her when she needed to cry.

Her mom rubbed her back gently and she could already feel the soothing effect it had, that is, until her mother asked her a question she had been dreading her entire life. "Oh Tiffany, why did you never come and see me? You just left me to rot like a dead rat." The girl stopped crying for a few seconds to look up in confusion and hiccup while tilting her head, "Mom, I had training I -" Suddenly, out of nowhere, her Mother grabbed her face and tugged her forward, her fingers nails digging into the bender's skin. Tiffany's Mother had never ever showed any sort of violence to her, and this came as a huge shocker to the sniffling girl. Not only that, but she put Tiffany's training first before anything, it was a very important value in their family.

"You spoiled brat! How dare you never come down to see me?" Her Mother was now yelling at her and the female was horrified, even when she was sick, her Mother could never call her such things or even raise her voice like that. Tiffany began to sob again while shaking her head, "Mom, I'm s-sorry, plea-" The girl almost didn't dodge the slap her mom attempted to give her, and her stomach began to drop from the fear.

Who was this woman that looked like her mom?

-

Jessica was still inside her snow globe, someone had attempted to shatter it but had failed and retreated back to the beach. She thought that she heard footsteps and voices, but the female wasn't sure. The bender was definitely scared, but it had been a few hours and she was beginning to wonder where the others were and if they were okay. Jessica had to get over her fear and venture out to the lake, even if that meant encountering the strange male that had been there previously. She slowly let a small hole melt in the back of the sphere before crawling out and taking cover behind her creation. The female was honestly terrified and she allowed herself a few minutes to stay put and take a few deep breaths.

Finally peeking out to peer at the beach, the girl was astonished to see the bodies of the other benders strewn about. Fearing the worst, she immediately took note of her surroundings to see if a threat was present before sprinting out into the open to inspect them. Jessica quickly dropped to the ground and started to take their pulses and pat at their faces, her breath was coming out in rushed pants from the fear of their deaths. Thank goodness they were all alive and what appeared to be sleeping, however, she now feared that fact that they weren't responding to her voice or shakes at all. 

"They won't wake up, it's no use."

A deep voice sounded behind her and a chill ran up her spine at the thought of being watched the entire time. Jessica slowly dropped Kai's wrist to the ground gently and turned around to see the same man from before. "Who are you?" She demanded silently, her piercing eyes stared into his as he nonchalantly took a seat on a rock nearby. "I go by many names, but you can call me Kris." He ran a hand through his hair and yawned as if this was an everyday thing. 

"What did you do to my friends, Kris?" 

At first, the bender didn't expect him to reveal his secret, however he began speaking which caused her to listen intently. 

"It's my ability of course, you see, if they look into my compass right here, they'll be affected." The male lifted up a grey and rather old looking compass that was kept on a chain in his pocket. "To put it simply, I can mold and shape their galaxy into whatever I want to - and I think it's rather smart to par them up against their biggest fears." Jessica merely continued to stare at him which translated into a silent request for him to explain in more depth, which he did with a sigh.

"When they look into this lovely piece of machinery, I get a little peek inside their lives. I get to see what they dread, who they're close with, and what will ultimately drive them crazy. The thing is, their physical body is unconscious - acoma, if you will - but their minds are very much alive. They will only be able to overcome my ability when they overcome their biggest fear. Some people spend years suffering but others can wake up in a few months, so this will hinder your team quite badly..." As he was lecturing her, a small smile began to blossom upon his features and he shrugged, "Get it now?"

She felt a bit sick when she realized that Sunny had a page in her notebook dedicated to an entire town that had been sleeping for weeks and weeks - was it his doing? It seemed as though he was about to turn away but then the male snapped his fingers and chortled softly. "I always forget this part, but sometimes there are exceptions. It's not often, but the victims can get visions or a little preview of events that are to come in the future - I just can't control when that happens." With that, Kris pocketed his large hands and began to depart from the lake but was stopped when Jessica called his name.

"Why didn't you put me to sleep?" 

He didn't rotate his whole body, however the villain cocked his head and smirked. "You'll be suffering enough watching them sleep forever dear, and just because I like you, I'll tell you now that you should get to higher ground in the next few days. Chao." Just like that, the male was gone and the snow bender was left staring at the lifeless bodies of her peers, praying that they would break through and win the inner battle they were facing. 

name: unknown
nickname: kris 
family members: unidentified
age: unknown
weakness: jessica
occupation: villain
ability: galaxy manipulation
 
 
 
 
the writer's words

Kaisica? Krissica? who knows! haha it took me a month to update but i wrote this eNtire lONg chapter in like 2 days =_= oh well, hope you guys enjoyed! so many pasts were revealed and fears o.o and i would love to hear what you guys think of some of their inner battles because i'm hinting at something wink wink nudge nudge, you'll see in the future chapters! lol hope you enjoyed anyways c: p.s. kRIS AND I WERE BOTH IN THE SAME CITY AT THE SAME TIME I CRY WE WERE BREATHING THE SAME AIR <3 ; - ; 

< a tori creation >