HERMES - CHAPTER 5

Hermes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first week at her new job was a lot less painful than Giselle had expected. Recording Studio 5 was assigned to her since it was the only one which had a recording studio that had a baby grand piano and still had room for her to play musical instruments, particularly the cello and violin.

 

Giselle was formally introduced to Lee Hi on Monday morning and right off the bat, she was smitten over the sweet and awkward teenager. They had met with Yang sajangnim and they selected 15 songs for Ha Yi’s full solo album from Giselle’s stock of demos and she was formally assigned as the album’s main producer. Giselle was both elated and terrified. She had worked on individual songs for artists but she never had the honor and the horror of being the main producer. She was determined to prove her worth.

 

She immediately set out to work on the title track that Yang sajangnim assigned for Ha Yi. This includes the recording of the music, the vocals, and final mastering. She had given Ha Yi the instrumental audio and Giselle recorded the vocal guide herself but instructed Hi to incorporate her own vocal style to the song.

 

However, Giselle had a slight problem. Her other luggage from the States she shipped out weeks ago have not yet arrived and included in that shipment was her Luis and Clark Carbon Fiber cello, her guitars, and other studio equipment.

 

Fortunately, she had her antique violin with her and she found a very good Yamaha FG700S acoustic guitar in one of the studios so she could already start recording the tracks for the MR. She recorded the guitar tracks until late Monday night, polishing it until she was thoroughly satisfied. The following morning, she spent practicing the violin solo and by early afternoon she was ready to record the violin track.

 

Giselle walked into the sound proof recording room in Recording Studio 5 and checked the height of the microphone in front of her. She then proceeded to tune her violin. Damn, the acoustics of this studio is topnotch, she thought as she continued to tune her violin, marveling at the sounds she created.

 

A few minutes later, she put on her headphones and signaled Jisuk sunbae, the sound technician, that she’s ready to record. The first few bars of the guitar melody played on her headphones and she closed her eyes as she envisioned the sheet music she had memorized. A few more seconds and she placed the instrument between her chin and her shoulder, closed her eyes and lost herself in the music.

 

 

~~●~~

 

 

Jiyong made his way through the recording studio floor as quietly as possible, he was on a mission. He had two missions, actually. One was to pick up his Yamaha guitar that he left at the studio before he left for Japan two weeks ago, and second was to get out of the building as fast as he can without bumping into Giselle.

 

The lunch with her the day before was the worst meal of his life. Listening to her laughing with Seungri and the boys of Winner had been annoying but hearing her call Youngbae "oppa" made his blood boil for reasons he still could not comprehend.

 

After the lunch (which Giselle had insisted on paying as thanks for their good company despite protests from Youngbae) they parted ways, with the three Big Bang members headed to the YG building and Winner going back to their dorm with Giselle.

 

In his car, Youngbae and Seungri pestered him mercilessly.

 

"Dude, admit it, you have a crush on the girl," Youngbae teased. "No, I do not!" Jiyong protested, hands gripping the wheel of his Bentley tighter.

 

"Hyung, are you sure? You were blushing really hard the entire time and you could barely keep your eyes off her when she wasn't looking," Seungri, who was in the backseat of the 2-door car, noted.

 

"Yeah, you could have drowned in a pool of your own saliva the way you were drooling over her!" Youngbae said laughing as he and the maknae exchanged hi-fives.

 

"Yah! I don't have a crush on her. I don't do crushes. You know me. You know my style. When I like someone I go straight for the kill," Jiyong said smugly, pointing his hand in a straight light in front of him to emphasize his point.

 

"Well, that's all fine and dandy if you're hitting on a girl at a club. I doubt that will work for Giselle noona, though," Seungri mused while Youngbae nodded in agreement.

 

"How many times do I have to tell you? I don't like her. Sure, she's pretty and a talented composer but really, I do not have a crush on her," Jiyong said, voice rising with every word.

 

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, hyung," Seungri said shaking his head in mock disgust.

 

"Just don't come crying to us when you find out she fell in love with some other guy. Seung Hyun hyung is a total chick magnet and Teddy hyung is a hundred percent lady killer. Hell, even maknae is a force to be reckoned with," Youngbae said.

 

"Ne, hyung, I'll give you an autograph before I leave. I'll even throw in a hug for free!" Maknae joked as he grabbed Youngbae for a hug from the backseat causing the older guy to laugh. Jiyong, however, did not join in the laughter.

 

Of course I don't like her! Yeah, she's pretty, she's obviously a great musician, but she's not my style. She's too cool and cold. I like girls who are cute and girly. I like models who are y. Yeah, y is the best.

 

The two guys did not stop pestering Jiyong about his alleged crush on Giselle until he threatened to drop Seungri off in the middle of the highway and make him walk the rest of way to YG building.

 

"Look, just swallow your damn pride and apologize to her! Then maybe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter