HERMES - CHAPTER 10

Hermes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cool! 26 subscribers! Yay! Thanks for reading my story! Hope ya'll like it. ^_^

And, without further adieu, Chapter 10. 

 

By 1 am, Jiyong was done with everything he needed to do for the day. He had finished all his meetings with his manager about endorsement deals and he had come back from another photo shoot for a magazine cover. Despite the long day, he didn’t seem tired at all. Jiyong was still bouncing around all giddy and happy. His manager, Nam Guk, was almost worried that his ward was acting all strange.

 

After finishing their packed schedule, Jiyongs asked that they go back to the YG building. He had checked his phone the whole day waiting for text message or a phone call from Ellie but none came. He had promised to help her bring her stuff home from the office and he was afraid that Ellie had gone home waiting for him.

 

When they arrived at the YG parking lot at quarter to 2, he asked his manager to wait for him to get back saying that they had one final schedule to finish before he ran into the building. He impatiently waited for the lift to arrive at the 4th level and launched himself out the elevator as soon as the doors opened. He sighed in relief when he saw that there was still light coming from Studio 5. The other studios were still being used and he could guess there were many other YG artists recording their songs but he could not be bothered by greeting them right now.

 

He walked silently into the studio and saw Ellie in front of the giant Mac screen with her headphones on and bobbing her head slowly to the music. She was still wearing her red and black Givenchy sweater but was now also sporting a pair of black and red Chrome Hearts eyeglasses. She also had her hair up in a messy bun. Jiyong caught himself staring at the girl’s neck for a tad too long.

 

He finally stepped forward and lightly tapped Ellie’s shoulders. “Oh, jeez, !” Ellie yelled as she jumped out of her seat in surprise.

 

Jiyong couldn’t help it. He laughed so loud and so hard at Ellie’s facial expression when she was surprised.

 

“You’re face was freakin’ awesome!” he said as he slouched over the table, one hand in his stomach the other covering his mouth as he continued to laugh.

 

“Oh, damn you scared me!” she said as she tried to calm herself down, hands clasping her headphones which she had yanked off when she saw Jiyong standing behind her.

 

“Mianhe. Were you really that scared?” Jiyong asked in between giggles.

 

“No, not really. More like surprised than scared, actually,” she said as she took her seat. OK, at least she’s not mad at me right now, he thought as he took the swivel chair next to her.

 

“So, what brings you here?” Ellie asked earnestly as she faced the Jiyong.

 

“Uh, you forgot? My manager was supposed to take you home tonight with your stuff, remember?” Jiyong said.

 

“Oh, , yeah! Sorry, I forgot. I got too preoccupied with Ha Yi’s song,” Ellie said and she glanced at her Baby-G wrist watch. “Oh, it’s really late, too. Maybe I’ll just call a moving van tomorrow, instead, ” she said apologetically.

 

“Oh, you don’t have to! It’s kinda my fault too. We had a packed schedule and the photo shoot ended late so it’s only now that we got back. Are you done with Ha Yi’s song?” he asked as he peered over Ellie’s shoulder to look at the computer screen.

 

“Ah, we finished recording everything this evening so I was just finishing up the track. I think it’s actually good to go now. Want to hear it?” she asked.

 

“Yeah, sure!” he replied happily and immediately, Ellie busied herself with the computer. He’s been looking forward to hearing the final version of the song. Then he heard the guitar intro to the song which was soon followed by the unmistakable calming sound of the cello. Ha Yi’s cool voice was then heard over the instruments as she sang about falling in love and being hurt by her first love.

 

The violin came in during the chorus part and Jiyong felt goosebumps on his skin as Ha Yi’s voice blended perfectly with the instruments in the background. While the song was playing, he found himself staring at Ellie who had was leaning back on her chair with her eyes closed, nodding her head every so often as she listened to the song. She had a soft smile on her lips and Jiyong had the sudden urge to kiss her. Wait, hold that thought.

 

The song ended as the final note from the cello faded and Ellie opened her eyes and looked at him. “So, what did you think?” she asked brightly.

 

“Damn, that was unreal,” Jiyong found himself saying. “You were right. This was meant to be for her. I can’t imagine this song being sung by anyone else,” he added, looking at Ellie in amazement.

 

“I know right? I’ve had this song for over a year now and I couldn’t find anyone who could sing it. I wish I could, to be honest. Demi Lovato begged me to have it but I said no. I love that girl, she can sing, but she would have turned it into a pop track, that would be awful,” she said shaking her head at the thought. Jiyong chuckled when he realized that his rookie hoobae just nabbed a song from a famous international popstar.

 

“You should let Hyun Suk hyung hear this. He’s gonna flip!” he said excitedly.

 

“You think sajangnim will like it? I mean, it’s far from the usual style that YG artists come out with. I’ve listened to the music that your guys have made and they’re light years away from what I normally make,” she said, brows furrowed with worry. Jiyong found himself fighting the urge to reach over and touch her face.

 

“Are you kidding? He’ll love it, I’m sure,” he said confidently. Ellie finally smiled back.

 

“So, you ready to go? My manage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter