HERMES - CHAPTER 2

Hermes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon her arrival, Giselle proceeded to reacquaint herself with Seoul. She had totally forgotten the incident at the Airport and had been enjoying herself.

 

Many things have changed since she last visited her birth country almost 15 years ago and she was pleasantly surprised at how cosmopolitan the city had become.

 

Giselle had vague memories of her last visit in Seoul. She was only 11 years old when her adoptive parents last took their family for a vacation. As soon as she arrived at her hotel room, she called up her parents in LA.

 

"I got here in one piece mom, I told you not to worry," Giselle told her mom over the phone. Her parents had been worried about her because although she and her family were frequent fliers (her parents loved traveling and took their family to excessive vacations when she was younger), it was her first time traveling alone to a “foreign” country.

 

"Are you feeling jet lagged? Did you eat properly? What do they serve in business class anyway? I told you to upgrade to first class!" her mom said rapidly. Giselle could only roll her eyes. She loved her mom to pieces but she knew the lady can be a bit overbearing at times.

 

"Mom, the company paid for my airfare. It would be rude if I suddenly upgraded to first class seats. And business first class was fine, surprisingly," Giselle said.

After making sure that her parents believed she was alive and well, she called up her brother, Gerry, in Las Vegas where his business is based. The last person she called was her best friend, Mari, who was house sitting for her in New York.

 

She had ranted about Mr. Jerkface for a good part of their conversation which amused Mari tremendously.

 

“I mean, being famous does not give you legitimate reason to be a total ,” Giselle said.

 

“Yeah, we have tons of that here in our side of the globe. Didn’t think their specie actually existed in that part of the world. What does Jerkface do anyway?” Mari asked.

 

“I dunno. They had posters of him. He could be a model or an actor. I really don’t care,” Giselle said. Before hanging up, she reminded Mari to take care of her apartment and take her dog Yoda for walks regularly.

 

Giselle was excited to work, but more importantly, she was looking forward to finding her brother. It was the primary reason she had signed the contract, in the first place.

 

That afternoon, a representative from the entertainment company had called to inform her that she need to report to the office the following day to formalize administrative matters and formally meet the big bosses.

 

It is for this reason that Giselle found herself in front of an imposing architectural marvel of concrete, metal, and glass.

 

Hello there, YG Entertainment.

 

~~●~~

 

Jiyong walked into Teddy's studio in the YG building at shortly before noon. He and the rest of his band arrived back in Seoul the day before. He was scheduled to leave for Bangkok for the next leg of his tour in a few days and being the restless workaholic that he is, Jiyong was back at the office again the day after coming home.

 

The studio level was still empty indicating that he came rather early. Jiyong knew only the trainees and rookie artists come to the office early but even then, they usually stay at the practice rooms at the basement.

 

YG producers and artists were notorious for starting the day late and ending work hours just before the crack of dawn. It's a bad habit that has messed up everyone's body clock but none of them cared at this point.

 

Jiyong set his Hermes HAC on the long bench before taking out his notebook and pencil.

 

Despite the availability of the best technology in their studio, Jiyong had always preferred to literally write his lyrics -- using a pencil, no less -- rather than typing it on a computer.

 

He loved the sound of the lead scratching on paper and he reveled in watching his thoughts appear as words before him. He's old school like that. He also had a habit of tapping his pencil on the edge of his notebook which annoyed Teddy and Seung Hyun endlessly but it helped him concentrate and, on several occasion, inspired beats for the song he was working on.

 

He was revising some lyrics on his notebook when the studio doors burst open announcing the arrival of Teddy and Ji Suk, the sound technician.

 

"Oh, you're here early!" Teddy, who was sporting his usual garb of hoody, snapback cap, denim jeans and Lanvin kicks, said coolly as he swaggered in before perching himself on his favorite swivel chair.

 

"Yeah. I had enough rest and I'm more than ready to make music. Let's do this!" Jiyong said excitedly. Hyung Suk hyung had told him there are talks for a Big Bang come back by 2014, especially after the success of the solo works of the individual members. Although there were no concrete plans as of yet, Jiyong already had some song ideas in his mind.

 

"Yah, I know you're excited and all but that's gonna have to wait. I have to finish this track for 2NE1 before our producer's meeting in 1 pm. You want to come?" Teddy asked.

 

"Producer's meeting? Don't you usually have that at the end of the month?" JiYong asked. YG producers meet at the end of every month with the company's president, Yang Hyun Suk, to present the demos that they have worked on over the past

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter