HERMES - CHAPTER 16

Hermes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wow! 100 subscribers and 1128 views! This is crazy! I love you guys! To celebrate this milestone, I give you the next chapter. Hope you guys like it! ^_^

 

Ellie walked inside her apartment late in the evening after work. She spent the whole day in the studio composing the orchestra accompaniment for Taehyun's song and had to record demos for each instrument that she can play. She wanted to finish the demo before Taehyun arrived from Japan so they could present it to Yang Sajjangnim before they could get the go signal to record the final track.

 

She felt productive and satisfied with her work but right now she wanted to take a long bath and sleep until noon the next day.

 

Ellie the lights in the living room before setting her bag down on the dining table. She went to the adjacent kitchen and got herself a bottle of water. She noted that her fridge was still stocked with leftovers from the previous night. She had been learning how to cook Korean food and last night, Jiyong had requested for jjajangmyun which Ellie had graciously cooked.

 

She grabbed the container of leftover jjajangmyun and popped it in the microwave. She went inside the bathroom and started filling the tub with hot water. She dropped a Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au thé Blanc tea bag in the bath. Jiyong had bought home a box of the bath product a few days ago and Ellie had fallen in love with the scent.

 

She went to her bedroom to grab a towel and fresh change of clothes. She noted the iPad and set of keys left on Jiyong's side of the bed. Ellie was taken aback by the thought.

 

Following the morning that Jiyong had kidnapped her from the YG studio, he had taken her back to her apartment after a short trip to the supermarket. She was surprised when Jiyong drove her rental inside the apartment building's parking.

 

"This wasn't I had in mind when I suggested a place with food and heating, you know. I was thinking of a restaurant or a coffee shop," Ellie said with a small laugh as she got out of the car.

 

"I know and I'm sorry. But honestly, we won't get any form of privacy if we go out  I'd rather be here than any place else," Jiyong said rather apologetically as he carried their shopping inside the building. Ellie didn't have the heart to argue with his reason. Besides, she rather prefer that they stay indoors than run the risk of being caught out in the public.

 

Seungri had told her a few weeks back about the backlash (and the severe scolding from Yang sajjangnim) that he got when a dating scandal between him and a Japanese actress blew up in the media. She has learned that Korean stars are more concerned about their public image than their western counterparts. Ellie hasn't really reconciled her thoughts about the issue but she didn't want Jiyong to be caught in that kind of rut, not when Big Bang was in the middle of the Japanese Dome Tour and with a comeback brewing for the following year.

 

They spent the day inside Ellie's apartment, cooking anything and everything that Jiyong wanted to eat. She had of gaining weight which he just responded to by puffing his cheeks cutely.

 

The other night, Jiyong had sidled up behind her while she was slicing kimchi for the kimchi pancakes he had requested and wrapped his arms around her waist and pecked her cheeks affectionately. The move was sudden but it didn't feel awkward or contrived.

 

Ellie noted the Jiyong was a very affectionate guy and he never held back in showing it, especially when they are alone, and she was more than happy to receive and reciprocate the attention.

 

Jiyong and Ellie had become comfortable with physical contact that it was now second nature to them to hug, kiss, or hold each others hand whenever they were within reach. It's not like they could't get their hands off each other. There was nothing ual with how they touch each other, it just felt comfortably perfect when they are in each others arms or when he is holding her hand. They haven't even gone past the make-out sessions that have become rather frequent over the past several days. They haven't spoken about it, or anything else about what was going on between them, but Ellie liked that Jiyong was taking it slow.

 

Most of the guys that Ellie had gone out with before always took their relationship too fast, too soon and it was usually too late for Ellie by the time she realizes that the guy wasn't worth her time. With Jiyong, she felt safe, taken cared of and respected. She didn't want to keep her hopes up but she'd be lying if she'd say that she wasn't hoping for anything serious between them.

 

The following day, Jiyong had called her up in the middle of the day to ask if he could sleep over again  and Ellie found no reason to say no. He came with a small Louis Vuitton duffel bag with some change of clothes and underwear and Ellie did not complain when he arrived at past 4 am, used her bathroom to wash away the sweat from hours of practice, and proceeded to sleep beside her on her bed. She also didn't mind that he slept in only his Chanel pajama bottoms. Ellie never liked sharing her bed but with Jiyong, she found that she didn't mind it at all. In fact, she began looking forward to him coming to bed smelling of her favorite shower gel and pulling her closer to him before Jiyong falls asleep. She also found that waking up in his arms was something she wouldn't mind doing on a daily basis.

 

They had also become more open about their budding relationship at the office.

 

Since he was staying at her place, it was logical for them to arrive at the office together. The security no longer gave them quizzical looks when they get out of either Ellie or Jiyong's car.

 

Jiyong would walk her up to the studio, her hand in his, and would give her a chaste peck on the lips regardless of whoever was in the room, before heading off to practice or to a photoshoot or wherever he needed to be for that day. SoHyun had giggled incessantly when Jiyong told her to cover her eyes before giving Ellie a 'see you later kiss', as what he had called it.

 

The other YG artists had also noticed their intimacy and Ellie was releived at how cavalier they were. Apart from Teddy, CL and Youngbae who seemed a bit too elated at finding Jiyong and Ellie cuddling by the lounge outside the studio, everyone else were rather cool about. Jinwoo, Taehyun and Seungyoon automatically averted their eyes like a bunch of royal servants whenever Ellie and Jiyong were displaying any form of affection, which was rather funny.

 

The other day, Yang Sajjangnim himself found the two of them in the roof deck and their boss had merely raised an eyebrow when he saw that Jiyong and Ellie were holding hands. The man didn't even make a comment about it and proceeded to talk to Ellie about the tracks she was making and gave Jiyong a few reminders for their next concert in Japan.

 

Although members of YG Family had been welcoming about her evident closeness with Jiyong, Ellie hasn't opened up to any one, not even to Dara and Bom who had virtually camped out in her studio when they caught Jiyong give her a quick kiss in the cafeteria over lunch. The only person who she had talked to about her feelings for Jiyong was Mari who was rather skeptical about everything that was going on.

 

"Wasn't it just a month ago when you were ranting about this Mister Jerkface Gdragon and now you're all smooches and hugs with him?" Mari had lamented over Facetime. Ellie had her iPad propped on her knees while she was lounging on her couch after her long bath. On her screen was Mari, her Japanese-American best friend who had jet black hair and round-framed glasses. It was late but this was the only time she can talk to her best friend.

 

"Smooches and hugs?! Really, you're using that term? What, are you eight years old!?" Ellie said with a condescending laugh. Mari was older than Ellie by three months but her maturity level was usually beyond her age.

 

"That's not the point. I mean, you've known the guy just for a couple of weeks--" Mari began but was cut off.

 

"Nine weeks, actually. That's over two months. You do realize my last relationship lasted shorter than that," Ellie noted.

 

"Precisely. Which should have taught you a lesson or two about jumping headfirst into another relationship!" Mari scolded her.

 

"Hey, in my defense, we aren't officially in a relationship. Yet," Ellie replied, putting emphasis on the last word. It was true that they weren't in an official relationship but Ellie was certain, given the current state and flow of things, that they were headed to that direction.

 

"That makes it even worse, actually," her best friend said in exasperation.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"How sure are you that this dude is serious about whatever it is that is going on between you two? You haven't talked about anything that's going on. And he's a celebrity, what if he's the type who likes to sleep around. He probably has a trophy room filled with photos of girls he's nailed. You should really think this over thoroughly, I mean, nightly sleep overs? Heck, he even has access to your apartment!" Mari said.

 

"Oh, geez, you sound like my mom! And before you even ask, no, I haven't slept with him. Oh, don't give me that shocked look. I know you were thinking it!" Ellie teased and Mari responded promptly by giving her a middle finger. Mari had the tendency of over reacting, blowing things out of proportion and her imagination tends to be wilder than Ellie would like. But in the years that she had been friends with Mari, the girl had been her confidant and adviser, she is the older sister that Ellie never had.

 

"Look, he's not the kind of guy you think he is. If you meet him, I'm sure you'd like him," Ellie assured her best friend who just scoffed and said a barely audible "I doubt that!". Ellie let it slide since she knew Mari was just looking out for her like usual. The older girl is probably more stressed out over the matter since they were living in opposite ends of the world.

 

"To be honest, I can't categorically answer you how serious things are between me and Jiyong right now but whatever it is that is going on between us, it's real. I haven't felt like this for anyone. I mean, I don't even let you or Yoda sleep on my bed with me but with Jiyong, it just felt perfect sleeping beside him and waking up next to him. I'm not sure if this is 'love' or , but what I do know is that the feeling is mutual between us. And right now, that's all that matters to me." Ellie said.

 

"Oh, god, you are too far gone, girl," Mari said while shaking her head. Ellie just smiled in response. She probably is too far gone, but at this point, there's no place else she'd rather be.

 

~~°~~

 

Jiyong suddenly bolted awake in the middle of the night when he realized that the other half of the bed was cold and empty. He looked around the dimly lit room and groaned in annoyance when he realized where he was.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter