HERMES - CHAPTER 12

Hermes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

37 subscribers! Woot! Hope you guys enjoy this fic. ^_^

 

 

Jiyong made his way through the departure area of the the Narita Airport with a thick beanie over his head and eyes hidden behind dark sunglasses. He didn’t fancy paparazzi taking pictures of his puffy bare face. The group was heading back to Seoul after finishing the Tokyo leg of their Dome Tour.

 

He had not been able to sleep last night following his conversation with Youngbae. He was surprised he was actually able to perform for the concert considering the whirlwind that was going through his head.

 

His relationship with Kiko had been rocky at best. The long distance, the months apart, and the constant hiding from fans made it difficult for them to be a normal couple but he had tried to make it work. Secret dates abroad were common for them since it was the only time they could pretend not to be celebrities. But when Big Bang suddenly became popular abroad through the Internet and Kiko’s career as a model took off, they had to cut down on trips. Eventually, after the incident, they had stopped going all together.

 

On the rare occasions that they were together, they stayed indoors, either in his private apartment in Seoul, or in hotels in Tokyo. had become their favorite past time, it was the only activity that they shared with fervent passion. Jiyong thought that it was normal since they rarely saw each other.

 

It was only recently that he realized they haven’t talked properly. They talk about trivial stuff, about work and their careers, but they haven’t talked about their relationship. They rarely argued over anything and he thought it was for the best. He just followed what Kiko wanted and they lived in peace. It was something that he had conceded to early on in their relationship. His friends heavily for for always following Kiko around at her every beck and call, but it was his way of showing her affection.

 

When Youngbae had asked him last night if he was happy with Kiko, he couldn’t find it in his heart to answer in the affirmative. But I should be happy, right?

 

Then his thoughts wandered to Ellie. He liked her company, he liked her sense of humor and how she was so passionate about her music. Jiyong enjoyed watching her work, especially when she gets lost in her music. He was really comfortable around her and there is never a dull moment with the girl. She told him stories of her many travels with her family and the work she had done with other famous American artists. Just being in the same room with her relaxes Jiyong and he liked that he didn’t have to feel so guarded when talking to her. He can speak his mind without worrying that Ellie will think negatively of her. She’s just kind like that.

 

He was surprised when Youngbae pointed out the difference between Jiyong’s relationship with Kiko and Ellie. But whether or not Jiyong liked Ellie more than as a friend, he couldn’t really tell. For now, what he knew was that he liked being friends with Ellie and he was content with their friendship.

 

Jiyong walked into the waiting lounge at the Narita Airport where he found Seungri seated on one of the chairs, laughing at something on his phone.

 

"Yo," he greeted the youngest Big Bang member as he sat opposite maknae. The other members were sitting around while waiting for their flight to be called.

 

"Oh, hyung, good to see ya!" Seungri said glancing at their leader for a split second before turning back to his phone. A second later he was laughing his head off again.

 

Not used to the lack of attention from his favorite dongsaeng, Jiyong playfully kicked Seungri's legs.

 

"What are you so busy about?" he asked, trying to mask his annoyance. One does not simply ignore the Dragon.

 

"It's not much hyung. I'm just checking Ellie noona's Instagram posts and she is the most hilarious person ever!" Seungri said.

 

"She has Instagram?" Jiyong blurted out in surprise.

 

"Ah, neh. Didn't you know? She didn't follow you?" Seungri asked.

 

"How would I know. I have millions of followers, I don't keep track of every single one," he shot back.

 

"Oh, but she's following all YG family members. Look," Seungri said showing Ellie's list of people she follows. "She follows me and Youngbae hyung, Sean hyung, and the 2NE1 girls. Choice, MastaWu, PK, Airplay, and Tablo hyung follows her back. Oh, she doesn't follow you," Seungri said casually as he browsed Ellie's profile.

 

"Give me that!" Jiyong said as he grabbed maknae's phone. True enough, Ellie wasn't following him. She followed Hwangsabu, several people from the Marketing Team and several YG dancers but not him. Suddenly his millions of followers didn’t matter.

 

He read the username -- ellie_sky_walker88 -- then tossed the phone back to Seungri who was looking at him quizzically but went back to checking Ellie’s photos and giggling randomly.

 

Still feeling annoyed, Jiyong launched Instagram on his phone and searched for her account.

 

He found her immediately and started checking her profile. Her profile photo was of her laughing happily at some unknown joke with her hair piled on top of her hair in a messy bun. Her face could not be seen clearly since she was looking away from the camera but her G clef tattoo was showcased in it's full glory.

 

She has the iest neck, Jiyong thought. He then proceeded to check her posts.

 

The latest was from four hours ago and it showed a cup of coffee and a bagel beside the console at her recording studio. “Late breakfast while working. #nocomplaints #musicismylife #coffeejunkie #caffeinehigh”

 

She had pictures of the cafeteria and the food she ate, she also posted a photo from the building’s roof deck probably taken during one of her breaks. She also uploaded a picture of her studio and the matrix-style LED wall decor of the lobby and hallways of the YG building.

 

She also uploaded several photos of her having dinner and Soju Fridays with other YG producers and sound technicians at the Samgyupsal shop. Jiyong felt a sudden surge of jealousy when he saw that Jisuk’s arm was casually draped over Ellie’s shoulder in one of the photos taken in the studio. But Ellie’s sad attempt at the “mad swag” look was enough to dissipate Jiyong’s annoyance. She is ridiculously adorable.  

 

There was also a picture of her guitars, her cello, and her violin arranged in a circle on the floor from a few weeks ago. The caption read: “My babies are together again! I'm a happy momma! ^_^ #reunited #seoullife #musicsavesmusicheals”

 

He scrolled down and sees photos of kids playing at a park, probably near the apartment complex she lives in. “So cute, my ovaries hurt. #babies #Seoullife”

 

Then a series of photos of popular Korean street food followed including soondae, boiled innards, ddeokpokki and various pancakes. The hashtags for all food photos were #seoullife #hongdae #foodtrip #food #myfavoritesin #glutonyatitsfinest #burp

 

Jiyong laughed at the hashtags that she had come up with. He then saw a photo of her from the day he met her at the airport, she was standing beside her massive pile of Goyard luggage while waiting for her ride with a frown on her face. "Arrived in Seoul in one piece. Tired but alive. Let's keep things positive." She tagged several people but Jiyong did not bother to pry further. He knew he was the reason why Ellie looked pissed off in the photo.

 

A few more scrolls and he saw snippets of Ellie's life before she came to Seoul.

 

There was one photo of the luggage that arrived weeks ago. They were piled on top of one another and there was a Chowchow dog looking at the luggage.

 

The caption read: "Moving countries is crazy. Ready to ship out. Yoda's wondering where his ride is. LOL"

 

Her dog's name is Yoda?! Jiyong laughed at how geeky it was.

 

There were several photos of her in a dimly lit studio, obviously she was pulling all-nighters all the time. There were several photos of her with friends in New York. Jiyong unknowingly frowned every time he would find a photo of Ellie with another man regardless how gay many of them obviously were.

 

She also had several photos of her and her celebrity friends. Justin Timberlake and his wife, Jason Mraz, Scarlet Johannsen, Shakira and her baby, Michelle Branch, Kelly Clarkson, even Mick Jagger, and a whole bunch of others he could not identify.

 

Then his brain suddenly froze at the series of photos that followed. There was one of her silhouette while in mid-jump with the sheer bandanna she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter