HERMES - CHAPTER 23

Hermes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm back. ^_^

"Stop! Stop! Cut the music!" Jiyong shouted for the nth time. They were in sound check for the continuation of Big Bang's Japan Dome Tour in Kyocera Dome, Osaka and things were not going well. It was six hours before the house opens and still, there were a lot to polish with Winner's stage.

"Lee Seung Hoon! I told you many times you're supposed to be on the left side of the stage for this part! Don't go running around the stage because your part is coming up right after and you have to be in position for that!" Jiyong snapped at the lanky Winner member.

"Kim Jin Woo, you're not singing loud enough. All I can hear is the MR playing! Make sure you fix that. Song Mino, Nam Tae Hyun and Kang Seung Yoon, stop blending in with the dancers! You should be in front, not with them at the back. You can fool around during the encore, I don't give a . But for the performance during the show, stick to what you rehearsed, arraso?! Again! From the top!" Jiyong said and everyone shuffled back to their first positions on stage.

The Winner boys looked contrite and apologized as they went back to their position.

G-dragon was on full beast mode and everyone on location could practically taste the tension on stage. Jiyong had been under a lot of stress lately what with their ongoing Dome Tour and the upcoming YG Family tour in Japan. Being the leader of the company's currently active senior group also meant he was the de facto leader of all the other artists when they were performing together.

He usually did not look over the performances of other groups, leaving the respective leaders to ensure their stage would be perfect. But today Jiyong made an exception, saying he wanted to make sure the Winner boys were maximizing the stage and weren't drowned out by the music and the dancers.

After making sure Winner won't make a mess on stage, Jiyong went backstage and found his bestfriend, Youngbae, waiting for him in their designated lounge.

"You were savage out there," Youngbae said with a chuckle.

"I was just doing my job," Jiyong snapped back.

"Yeah, I can see that. But really, you're taking it too far. This isn't just about the concert," Young Bae pointed out.

Jiyong let out an exhasperated groan.

"What then, pray tell, is this about?" Jiyong asked rather sharply than he had intended. Youngbae threw him a disapproving look which is basically equivalent to telling Jiyong to calm the down. Jiyong just glared at Youngbae who didn't even seem fazed by his best friend's lethal gaze. He's been avoiding Youngbae for days since he and Seungri came back from Las Vegas.

Thankfully, they had a few days off after their Sapporo concert so Jiyong was able to hide away in his parent's house. He was also thankful that Youngbae was busy with his new girlfriend, Min Hyo Rin, that his best friend didn't hang out with him much anymore.

Unfortunately, the short break was over and now he has to see Youngbae nearly 24/7. He has successfully avoided any conversation that might lead to them talking about Vegas and Ellie but now, Youngbae has cornered him and there was no use in running away from it.

"Well, this is obviously you taking whatever ed up frustration you have over Ellie at the kids. You've been picking on them since rehearsals days ago. Look, it's not their fault Ellie hangs out with them now. From what I heard, you have only yourself to blame for that," Youngbae said, arms folded over his chest like a stern teacher. Jiyong knew his bestfriend well enough to know that Youngbae means business.

Trust Youngbae to shove the hard truth to your face, Jiyong thought acidly. Jiyong bristled silently.

It was true. Ellie had been avoiding Jiyong and hadn't been subtle about it. He rarely ever saw her anymore. He went to look for her at her studio as soon as he touched down after coming back from Sapporo but was informed that Ellie had volunteered to teach composition and writing to the kids at YG's training center. Once Jiyong came in to work with Teddy and found Ellie in the studio, but she suddenly remembered an ambigious task and bolted out the door before anyone could protest. Teddy and Ji Suk had both given him questioning looks which he responded to with his signature "I don't want to ing talk about it" glare. Jiyong spent the rest of the afternon being irritable prompting Teddy to called off the session while he could still hold himself back from punching his younger friend's face.

"So, are you going to tell me what happened or are you going to be a total to everyone for the rest of the tour?" Youngbae asked sounding very much annoyed.

"What is there to say? Maknae's probably told you everything," Jiyong shot back in annoyance.

"Maknae's told me what he knows but I don't know what you know. Besides, I know Seung Hyunie has a tendency to exaggerate things. So stop acting like an and tell me what the hell happened. We have two hours until the final rundown so start talking," Youngbae said sternly.

*Flashback*

Jiyong sat on the plush leather seat of the stretch limo and watched the neon lights of Vegas pass by. He could feel a massive headache growing but he knew it would not compare to the pain he was feeling in his chest. He closed his eyes and leaned on the cold glass window. He just wanted to forget what happened at the club.

But Ellie's face flashed before him, the sadness and disappointment in her eyes magnifying the pain in his chest. He hated himself for hurting Ellie. He hated himself for not doing the right thing. He should have ended things with Kiko earlier. He had every intention to but the opportunity never came. No. That's an excuse, his conscience told him. He could have called Kiko after their last fight. He could have met her during one of their tour dates in Japan. He could told her clearly that they were over. He could have. He should have. But he didn't. And now he's the jerk. The jerk that hurt Ellie.

He was pulled back to the present when he heard a phone ring. It was Kiko's. Jiyong looked over at Kiko who was  sprawled and still asleep on the leather seat beside him. Her purse was on her lap and Jiyong could clearly see the name and number of the caller.

"♡♡Leo♡♡", the name flashed on the screen. The call ended and a few seconds later a text message from the same person came in. Jiyong knew he shouldn't pry into another person's business but his curiosity won him over. His hand shook as he lightly took the phone from Kiko's bag.

"Hey, babe! How's Vegas? We miss you here in Cali. I miss having you in my bed. When are you coming back? I'll get the hot tub re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter