HERMES - CHAPTER 15

Hermes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! I'm back! I know, it's been nearly half a year that I haven't updated anything for this fanfic and I apologize tremendously. And I see we have some new subscribers here. Welcome to my world. Anyway, here's the next chapter.

Jiyong walked into the YG building with a spring in his step. He arrived from Japan on a late evening flight after finishing another leg of their Dome Tour and he was excited to be back in the office. Well, not really to work, but mainly because of one particular girl that he has been missing over the last couple of days.

 

After the dinner and make-out session they had more than a week ago, he hasn't had the chance to get Ellie alone. They haven't acknowledged anything that was going on between them but Jiyong didn't care. If was still perfect.

 

The morning after he slept at her place, they both arrived at work after making a quick stop at Jiyong's place for a change of clothes (he had taken a bath at Ellie's place). Since that day, they've both been busy. And it didn't help that Ellie always had someone hanging out at her studio on the rare occassion that Jiyong had time to run up to the fourth floor to see her.

 

First it was Hayi and JiSuk, then it was Chan Hyuk and Soo Hyun, next it was Teddy, Robin and Lydia. It was already starting to grate on his nerves. This morning, he had made sure to come to the building earlier than usual despite still being tired from the trip knowing that few artists ever came around that time.

 

He greeted the guards with high fives before jogging up the stairs taking the steps two at a time. He really couldn't be bothered to take the elevator because it usually takes forever to get to the ground level.

 

He arrived at the fourth floor a minute later and was relieved to find the hallway deserted. He saw several studios had lights on but he didn't bother to look who were using them. Jiyong didn't even bother to stop and catch his breath and he continued to jog towards the studio at the end of the hall.

 

"Hello Ellie! Did you miss me?" He greeted happily as soon as he entered the door. His smile hardened a second later when he realized that Ellie was, in fact, not alone in the room. Seated on the long leather sofa were Nam Taehyun, Kim Jinwoo and Kang Seungyoon and they were looking at him with a mix of surprise and bewilderment.

 

Oh . What are they doing here this early?!

 

"Oh, hi, Ji! You're here early," Ellie greeted cheerfully, her eyes disappearing as she smiled. Jiyong had to do everything in his power to stop himself from striding over to where she was seated and kiss her full on the lips. Instead, he calmly walked into the room and sat on the black swivel chair beside Ellie. He didn't notice that he had scooted his chair towards Ellie so now, they were sitting so close that their knees were touching.

 

The three members of Winner finally snapped out of their trance and stood up to greet their sunbae.

 

"You boys are here early, too. Didn't we all take the same flight from Japan last night?" Jiyong remarked as casually as he could. You're not supposed to be here, he wanted to add but he bit his tongue to stop himself from blurting it out.

 

"Ah, neh, hyung. We wanted to ask help from Ellie noona for some tracks for our album. She said she was available this morning so we came early," Seung Yoon explained.

 

"Hyung, we brought breakfast. We brought too much apparently. Please, help yourself," Jinwoo said politely, offering his hyung a bottle of orange juice. Jiyong looked over the table and saw several types of sandwiches, rice balls and kimbap.

 

He grabbed a container of kimbap and popped one in his mouth. It tasted good, much to his surprise.

 

"Jinnie said the kimbap were made by Hoonie. They're really good, right?" Ellie said. She smiled fondly at the boys. Jiyong nearly choked when he saw this. Jinnie?! Hoonie?! She has pet names for the kids?! He took a swig of his orange juice and swallowed the food in his mouth. It felt like a lump of coal grating down his esophagus.

 

"So, what are you guys doing this early?" Jiyong asked. He thought the best way to get rid of the kids was to help them finish what they came here for so he could finally get Ellie alone to himself.

 

"Oh, we were just about to listen to some of their tracks. They want some help on the composition and arrangement. Right, Yoonie?" she asked the Winner leader who couldn't help a blush creep on his face.

 

Aish, this kid!

 

"Ok, let's listen to what you kids have, then," Jiyong said and the boys looked at each other evidently flustered.

 

"Come on, boys. Don't be shy. It's not everyday your GDragon sunbae is around and willing to help you guys," Ellie said.

 

Taehyun then stood up and plugged in a usb drive into the mac before he began fiddling on the computer. Seconds later he clicked on a file and a piano melody began playing over the speakers.

 

"Uh, this is a song I made. Yang Sajjangnim said I could include this in the album as my solo track. I was hoping Ellie noona could help me with it," Taehyun said, his brows drooping as he looked uncertain.

 

The song was played on a single piano and Taehyun's voice was full of emotion as he sang the lyrics. Jiyong sat back and listened to it. He then looked over Ellie who was also leaning back on her chair, eyes closed, and seemingly lost in the song. Every now and then she would smile and nod her head. It was similar to how Yang sajjangnim was when listening to their works.

 

When the song finished, Ellie opened her eyes and looked at Taehyun, a wide grin on her face.

 

"That was a damn good song! The lyrics are simple but the honesty and truth in them are  undeniable. The way you interpreted it is amazing and full of emotion. And I love how you changed the melody just when the listener least expects it. I'm guessing you're an unpredictable kind of person. The type who'd do random stuff on a whim," Ellie said grinning. The two other winner members were nodding their heads vigorously at Ellie's description of the Winner's maknae.

 

"Wah, noona, bull's eye! Daebak! You understood Taehyun's personality with just one listen to his song!" Jinwoo said, his eyes wide with amazement.

 

"How did you do that, noona?" Taehyun asked.

 

"Simple, you put so much of yourself in writing that song so it will reflect things about you. From the lyrics of the song, I also learned that you are a romanticist, not a romantic. The way you arranged your melody also tells me that you are headstrong and passionate person," Ellie said and Jiyong saw the three Winner boys nod in agreement.

 

"I can't speak of other composers but I believe that when you write a song, you should always be honest with your words and your melody. Express how you feel and focus on how your song conveys that feeling to the person who will listen to it. Don't think too much about whether the song would be a hit or not. The first thing you have to consider is how you feel about your song because it is very m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter