HERMES - CHAPTER 11

Hermes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yay! Two new subscribers! Hello! Thanks for subsrcibing to my story. I hope I won't disappoint you. ^_^

 

Day 1 of the film festival I organized was a success! Woot! ^_^ We still have two more days at two different venues so I’m still a bit edgy but yeah, I’m just relieved that Day 1 is done. I just need to survive the next two days and I can go back to being the crazy law student that I normally am. Hopefully we won’t encounter any technical difficulties in the days to come. Anyway, to celebrate this little achievement of mine, I’m posting a new and somewhat long chapter! Have fun! :D

 

~~•~~

 

The past month had gone by in a blur for Ellie. Between her being busy with work and setting up her new place, she barely had time to call her parents and friends back in the States. She would send emails to them or post updates on her social network accounts but talking to them over the phone was damn near impossible with the different time zone.

 

She had also began searching for her brother on her free time. She had searched the listings of orphanages in Busan and even in nearby cities but did not find an address for the Holy Angels Orphanage. She had also searched local social network sites for any sign of her brother but it was proving to be difficult since apparently, Kim Min Hyuk was a pretty common name. She wanted to take another approach on her search for her brother but she needed help. And lots of it.

 

Amid all the chaos and craziness that was her life now, Ellie found solace in her new found friend, Jiyong. They rarely saw each other nowadays since he’s been busy with his album preparations but they would talk over the phone or send text messages on a daily basis. Jiyong would also make sure to drop by the office every time he came back despite his packed schedule. They would grab lunch either at the samgyupsal restaurant (which was now Ellie’s favorite, too) or just eat at the YG cafeteria when he’s too busy rehearsing.

 

On one occasion, Jiyong had taken her to the location of his music video shoot for “Who You?” one of his title tracks for his latest album. She knew Jiyong had been busy preparing for it for a long time. It was Ellie’s first time to actually see Jiyong be G-Dragon and she was impressed by his showmanship and how much he cared for his fans.

 

Ellie liked hanging out with Jiyong. He’s cool, really cheerful, and sometimes mischievous. She was also surprised when she found a different side of him that she wasn’t sure if he showed others often. He had been very open and vocal about his thoughts and was always telling her stories of his nasty encounters with the crazy fans, his frustrations when something went wrong during their rehearsals. Ellie soon realized that underneath the confident persona that he wore as G-Dragon, there was an insecure young man named Kwon Jiyong.

 

Things also got busy at the YG building with Big Bang starting their preparations for their Japan Dome tour with Winner as their opening act. The new boy group was also busy recording for their debut album so they were constantly shuffling between Seoul and Japan every few days.

 

The ladies of 2NE1 were also busy with their promotions for their last single for 2013 and were busy doing rounds at the various music shows. They were also in the middle of recording their second full album. CL and Teddy had asked Ellie to create a song for the album but she volunteered to make an acoustic version of one of the title tracks instead.

 

Meanwhile, Ellie was also busy making songs for Ha Yi and Akdong Musicians. They were already halfway through with recording the MR of tracks for Ha Yi’s album while the brother and sister duo were also busy with theirs. Chan Hyuk was impressively talented and Ellie enjoyed working with the kid. They were collaborating for some cello and violin parts of their songs and Ellie was looking forward to their recording in the days to come.

 

She was also surprised when she found out, through Choice37, that YG people don’t mind her body art so she could now wear her hair up and wear short sleeves if she wished to. In fact, there were several other YG Family members who had tattoos including Yang Sajangnim himself. Youngbae even had an Anil Gupta one on his nape. She’s not a fan of religious art but damn, the workmanship on that piece was breathtaking.

 

Lydia had been particularly interested in Ellie’s body art. The younger girl had several body art as well and Lydia was interested in getting one in color.

 

Most days, Ellie would hang out at her studio or with Teddy, Lydia, and Choice, just messing around with tracks and stuff. Youngbae and Seungri would also drop by from time to time to just chill out. Daesung and Seunghyun were busy with solo projects but they would pop in the studio to say hi when they’re in the building. She often grabbed coffee or had dinner with the other YG producers during their breaks and she enjoyed being one of the boys. She was now also comfortable smoking around the guys and Soju Fridays were now a mainstay on her weekly calendar. She was very thankful that many of the guys grew up in the States and were pretty open minded.

 

Yang Sajangnim was surprised when he first saw her at the roof deck smoking with Teddy but he didn’t really say anything after that. Eventually, the roof deck became an informal meeting place for Ellie and Yang sajangnim to discuss the progress of Ha Yi and AKMU’s albums.

 

This afternoon, they were having a chat at the roof deck when she made her boss listen to the first song she had finished for Ha Yi’s comeback album, the one that she had insisted on giving the rookie singer. She watched nervously as her boss listened to the song through her headphones, eyes closed, nodding his head slowly to the music. After listening to it, he didn’t say anything but called all YG producers and several executives to his office where they all listened to the song again.

 

Ellie was almost in tears due to the stress and pressure she was under. It was the first song she made under YG Entertainment and they were having an impromptu listening party. She was sure they would not like it and she mentally prepared herself for the worst. She imagined her boss tearing up her contract before her and the veteran YG produces laughing at her as they kicked her out the building. Oh God!

 

Ellie was sitting in the corner of the L-shaped couch while waiting for a reaction from her superiors.

 

“Damn...” it was Teddy who broke the silence in the office after the song ended. She saw Choice and Masta Wu nod silently. Lydia was positively beaming at her and giving her two thumbs-up sign. Jinu and Sean were smiling from ear to ear and PK was staring at her stunned.

 

“Is this the song that Demi Lovato begged for?” Choice asked which surprised Ellie.

 

“How did you know?” she asked.

 

“Jiyong mentioned it last time. He said it was mind-blowing. He wasn’t exaggerating,” Choice added sounding rightfully impressed.

 

“Uh, yeah... Her label offered a ridiculous amount for it. Believe me, sending back the check was one of the most difficult things I’ve ever had to do,” she said with a shy smile.

 

“Well, thank goodness your resolve is quite strong,” Yang sajangnim said with a slight chuckle.

 

“Finish up the album. Jinu and Sean set up a meeting with the marketing team to plan Ha Yi’s comeback. We’ll be rolling out a lot of new artists next year but Ha Yi will make a comeback, let’s work out something for her. The public needs to hear this song. This will be her title track,” her boss said effectively dismissing the meeting.

 

It was only when she was back alone in her studio that she let herself go, shouting and dancing happily inside the recording booth like she had just won the lottery.

 

After she had calmed down, she called the first person that came to her mind. It took only two rings before she heard the very familiar voice.

 

“Hey, what’s up?” she heard Jiyong over the other end of the line.

 

“He liked it! Oh my god, he liked it!” she screeched loudly. OK, so maybe she had not yet calmed down entirely.

 

“Who liked what?!” he said in confusion but Ellie could swear she heard him smile.

 

“Yang Sajangnim! I made him listen to Ha Yi’s song and he liked it! Well, I think he did. He didn’t really say much but he said it will be Ha Yi’s title track for h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter