Reminiscing Rose- azure_bliss

OC Bashing Shop {HIATUS}

OC- 22/30.

 

‘“I like cake and milkshakes,” she answered bluntly, earning a late chuckle from Jungkook.’

 

That was cute. I also like her name; I haven’t seen ‘Jangmi’ before and it sounds beautiful, but not too extravagant.

 

But...the way she was described was a bit too perfect at times.

 

‘Her silky brown hair glowed from the sunlight shining outside.’

 

‘Her brown ponytail hair shimmered under the sun, and the soft smile on her face was the most mesmerizing thing that the birthday boy had seen today.’

 

So much glowing hair that Jangmi could be a unicorn.

 

I really like her here, though:

 

‘“Jungkook again?” a familiar voice shook her out of her thoughts. She scrambled a little, cursing herself inwardly for writing Jungkook's name in her notebook. She closed her notebook with a sudden thump and tilted her head to the side, only to see her mother smiling mischievously.

Did she see me doodling?

“I never knew you draw, Jangmi.” Strike one, .

“You’re really good at it. The boy and girl look so cute together!” strike two, double .’

Hilarious! I fell in love with her character right there and then.

I know you didn’t ask for a cliche review, but…

‘“Does it say where the flight was heading to?” Jin asked, though he somehow already knew the answer to that.

 

Namjoon raised his head, looking at the maknae straight into the eyes. “The plane was heading to Seattle.”’

 

Ohhhh no. Nope. I have seen this so many times that I can’t even. Girl’s parents die so she has to live with the boy, or girl’s parents die so the boy can comfort her for a turning point in their relationship. Nope.

 

‘Somehow, she managed out a chuckle. “Don’t beat yourself up,” she told him, as if she was reading his mind. “You didn’t force me, or me for that matter. It just . . . happened.”’

 

Jangmi did basically get forced by Jungkook, got pregnant, had to hide it from her baby daddy and deal with cramps, bloating and nausea while working hard and going to university, and then her baby that she’s obviously gotten attached to dies, and she still finds it in her heart to say this? Not even a bit of resentment for those nights she probably spent crying alone while studying and feeling the need to throw up? She either is extremely blindly in love or she’s an absolute Mary-Sue.

 

‘“You just crashed my bachelorette party,” she said bluntly, adding more sarcasm to her voice. “And before you ask, yes. I don’t have any girlfriends. They’re just too noisy, you’re hyungs are enough for me to cope with." Okay, none of the two statements were real, but still.’

 

I keep falling in and out of love with her. This moment settled my love.

 


K-Pop Characters- 6/10.

 

Ooh, that Jungkook. Hot-headed and spoiled at the start; a typical young boy. But he changes so suddenly at times, and it seems strange. One minute he’s mocking Taehyung and watching him get beat up with something like sadism and childish anger, and then he’s being gentle and worried towards his childhood ‘friend’. Seriously, how long were they friends? Friends don’t really act like this. So they were just having a blossoming romance during their childhood?

 

‘Jangmi bit her red lips, and it suddenly looked tempting to the young man. He shook her. “Answer me!”’

 

Seriously? He basically almost her and he’s all depressed, freaking out that he messed up and then he… No. Seriously? I get that sometimes his ‘spoiled rich kid’ lifestyle messes things up but this is verging on bipolar.

 

He was sweet at the end, though. I really did love his adoration for Hana throughout; it was adorable. Honestly, it was heart-melting.

 

Total: 28/40, or 70%.

 

Thanks for requesting!

~RiverFawn