CHAPTER 4

Opposite Attracts

Myungsoo hesitated for a while, then looked down & said, “I like animations a lot. So, I would like to do something on it.”

Mr. Kim immediately spoke & tried to change the subject, “Mrs. Lee you are the best cook. Everything here tastes so delicious!!”

Mrs. Lee shyly replied, “Thank you. I guess we can have family dinner more often then.”

 

 

Sungyeol noticed Myungsoo’s sad face after the question was asked. He also felt that his father didn’t approve the idea. He wanted to know the detail but couldn’t ask Myungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sungyeol really needed the answer so, he went to find Sunggyu in his cabin.

“Hyung, are you busy?”, Sungyeol asked.

“Oh, Yeol ah. Come have a sit. I am busy. But work can wait. You want to talk about something?”, Sunngyu said as he noticed the serious expression in the choding’s face.

“Hyung…..w-what is M-Myungsoo’s dream actually?”

Sunggyu knew that it’s a long story so, he said, “Why don’t we talk about it while having lunch?”

“Sure, hyung.”

 

 

Sungyeol & Sunggyu were sitting face to face with each other at the table.

Sunggyu started, “Myungsoo have actually liked animations very much. You can say he is obsessed to it. He always wanted to establish his own animation studio.”

“Then, what’s the problem?”, Sungyeol wondered.

Sunggyu sighed & said, “Well our parents don’t like the idea. They wanted him to learn business management so that he could join our company. But, he didn’t want to. He argued with them to let him join animation academy. After lots of heated arguments, they finally gave in & let him do whatever he wanted. From then, they have never been in good terms. He is way too rebellious & gets the things he wants.”

“I don’t see any problem in liking animations. Why won’t umma & appa let him work on his interest?”

“They think it’s childish. They are just cartoons to entertain children.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Looking at the sleeping figure infront of him, Sungyeol just wanted to hug him, he really wanted to help Myungsoo. Dwelling on the memories, he noticed how he is always cold around his parents but when he is around friends, his eyes emit different light. He wanted to preserve that glow in Myungsoo’s face.

 

 

 

 

 

This is the nth time Sungyeol was sighing today which didn’t go unnoticed by Minho. Handing him a cup of coffee, Minho asked, “Is something bothering you? I’m a good listener if you are willing to, you know.”

Sungyeol could feel the concern in Minho’s voice so, he thought talking to him won’t hurt him. “Hyung, do you think animation can make a good business?”

Minho tilted his head in confusion and asked, “Why?? Are you interested in that field?”

“N-No. One of my f-friend is a good animator and he wants to pursue his career in that. So, I was just wondering if you know any animation academy”, Sungyeol told.

Sensing something, Minho asked teasingly, “Can I know who is this friend of yours?”

Avoiding any eye contact with Minho, Sungyeol just trailed off, “He is…..uh…you know….”

Minho brusted out laughing. “I know it’s about Myungsoo right.”

“H-How did you know?”, Sungyeol stammered.

“Sunggyu hyung had told me once about Myungsoo’s interest in animes. Anyway, I have a group of friend who are into this industry for quiet a time now. They have their animation studio called “BLOCK B Animation Studio”. I hope Myungsoo can collaborate with them.”

Sungyeol was beaming with joy now. “Okay, hyung. Please gain approval from your friends. And, I will talk to Myungsoo.”

Minho chuckled seeing Sungyeol’s excitement.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sungyeol waited impatiently for Myungsoo to reach home. As soon as he entered the room, Sungyeol asked, “Myungsoo, can we talk for a moment?”

He was nervous and excited at the same time because they have never had any serious talks before.

 

Myungsoo’s POV:

 

I was used to Sungyeol waiting for me to return home. But he simply used to say “welcome back home”, and go to sleep. But, I don’t know what he wants to talk today.

Does he want me to stay by his side or is he dissatisfied with our relation……

Sungyeol spoke breaking my chain of thought, “There is one Animation studio that needs some assistance right now. They are rookie in this field but they have been able to gain good attention in the market. Since they are flourishing their business, they need more hands to help them. So, I was thinking maybe you are interested in that.”

I didn’t know how to respond. I know I seem stupid right now opening-closing-opening-closing my mouth. It has always been my greatest wish to create my own animes.

But I couldn’t express my feelings. I can’t believe the person whom I have not even behaved properly once is helping me.

Seeing the confusion in Sungyeol’s face, I managed to say, “I would love to. But, Appa and umma won’t allow me.”

Grinning sheepishly Sungyeol said, “Leave that to me.”