CHAPTER 3

Opposite Attracts

Mrs, Kim reassuringly said, “Anything, my child.”

Looking in their eyes, Sungyeol said, “Umma, can I also join the company?”

Mr. Kim excitedly said, “If you are interested than obviously you can, son. We had always wanted Myungsoo to help us. But we would be more than happy to have you with us. Sunggyu is needing some assistance in his new project anyway.”

Sunggyu chirped in, “I’m sure it will be fun working with you, Yeol”.

 

 

 

Next day in office:

 

Sungyeol went office with Sunggyu. On the way, Sunggyu briefly told about Kim Coporations, “Yeol ah, we run different types of organizations like we have different wardrobe outlets, chain of restaurants, some banks, and few fashion magazines. Currently we are planning to publish a new fashion magazine featuring interviews of Top Celebrities. Since there are lots of them in the market, we have to go through cut-throat competition.”

 

 

Reaching office, Sunggyu introduced Sungyeol to the employees.

“Annahaseyo, I’m Lee Jinki, Production manager. Nice to meet you.”

“Annahaseyo, I’m Kim Jonghyun, Senior Accountant. Pleasure to meet you.”

“Hi, I’m Kim Kibum. You can call me Key. I’m fashion and wardrobe supervisor here.”

“Annahaseyo, I’m Choi Minho. I’m head of Layout department. Pleasure to meet you.”

“Hi, I’m Lee Taemin. I work in Photography department. Nice to meet you.”

 

“Annahaseyo. I’m Lee Sungyeol. I’m joining the company from today onwards. I hope for your full corporation. Khamsamnida,”

 

 

Sungyeol was an intelligent kid so, he caught the things pretty fast. He was so immersed in his work that he didn’t know it was already late. He didn’t care about time until Sunngyu came to fetch him.

“Woah, Yeol. Keep some work for tomorrow as well. You are working as if there is no more tomorrow.”

“Ah, hyung. I just wanted to finish designing the front cover for our magazines.”

“No wonder you are a design student, isn’t it. But, Yeol ah you can finish the rest of the work tomorrow.”

At last, Sunggu went home alone unable to persuade Yeol.

 

 

 

 

When Myungsoo came home, he noticed Yeol was not there. But, he didn’t pay much attention & went to sleep. Next morning, he heard Sunggyu telling their parents that Yeol overslept at office only. Myungsoo just scoffed internally, “What a weirdo. He even likes to work at office whereas I hate it the most. He is really something. I thought he would be nagging a lot since I’m never beside him. But, he never became a hindrance to my freedom.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

While Myungsoo was having fun with Hoya, he got a call from Sungyeol.

“Hoboseyo. Its me Sungyeol.”

“What’s the matter?”

“My parents wanted to have dinner together. Could you please make your time tonight.”

“Ok, I’ll be there.”

 

 

Making Myungsoo agree would take a lot of time-that was Sungyeol’s thought before he made the call. He had never thought that Myungsoo, that stubborn person, would comply to his request easily.

Myungsoo, on the other hand, thought that fulfilling Sungyeol’s wish once in a while won’t hurt him unless he gets to enjoy his life.

 

 

 

 

At Lee Household:

 

Mrs. Lee was busy in the preparations. It’s the first time their in-laws were visiting them. Sungjong, Woohyun & Dongwoo were also waiting impatiently for their arrival

 

The door bell rang and in came Sungyeol with Mr. & Mrs. Kim along with Sunggyu. Noticing absence of their son-in-law, Mrs. Lee asked, “Where is Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo entered the home with a bright smile, “I’m here umma. And, this is Hoya, my best friend. I hope you would not mind.”

 

 

“Not at all. This is your home as well son. Okay children, I will call you when dinner is ready. Sungyeol, you can take them to your room,right”, Mrs. Lee replied.

 

 

Excitedly, he took everyone upstairs to his room. Sungyeol, Woohyun, Dongwoo and Sungjong were catching on all the days they had missed together. Sunggyu  & Hoya were enjoying the chat and giving little comments here & there. And, Myungsoo…..he is being Myungsoo. He is just roaming around the room looking random stuffs.

 

 

After a while, when Sungyeol glanced to Myungsoo, he was going through all the photos in the room. His eyes widened when he noticed that Myungsoo was looking so closely to one particular photo which he didn’t want him to see.

 

 

Suddenly Sungyeol jumped from his position and grabbed the photo frame from Myungsoo’s hand. “No, you can’t look it.”

Confused Myungsoo asked, “Why?”

Sungyeol didn’t answer at first but when Myungsoo kept on staring at him, he said, “That’s the photo when I was in Junior High and I had such a chubby cheeks then”.

His voice was barely audible but Myungsoo got it.

 

Myungsoo brust out laughing and what he did next surprised Yeol. Myungsoo pinched his cheeks. KIM MYUNGSOO PINCHED HIS CHEEKS. This slight gesture made Sungyeol blush. He is sure he is as red as tomato now. Other were just enjoying the sweet scene in front of them.

 

Sungyeol thanked his mother a hundredth time for calling them for dinner.

 

 

All were eating & chatting about various things. One question from Mr. Lee directed to Myungsoo caught Sungyeol’s attention.

“Son, what’s your dream?”

 

 


 

 

 

A/N: Finally you can get a glimpse of MyungYeol ~~~~