CHAPTER 14

Opposite Attracts

                 Myungsoo’s dad called him at his office. He was so nervous because it had been a long time since he was called there. The last time he had visited was when they announced he was going to marry Lee Sungyeol. Only when he created a big ruckus he had to visit this place. So, he was wondering why all of a sudden he was being sought for. He had not created any problems recently….

                His chain of thoughts were broken when Ms. Shin, his dad’s secretary, politely greeted him, “Myungsoo-sshi, long time no see. How have you been?”

                Myungsoo replied the greeting, “I have been good. What about you?”

                “I am good as well. Thank you. Mr. Kim has been waiting for you. This way please”, Ms. Shin leaded him to the conference room.

                Now this was little new for him because before he used to be taken to his dad’s personal cabin for discussion, but today, he was being directed somewhere else.

                When he entered the conference hall, OMG!!! There were so many people. He was going to have a mental breakdown.      

                “Welcome Myungsoo. Everybody this is my son, Kim Myungsoo, animator of Block B Animation Studio, one of the best animator in the market”, Mr.Kim introduced proudly with a huge grin in his face.

                Myungsoo thought that he was dreaming. Mr. Kim asked him to take a sit next to him. He further continued, “Myungsoo, this is our Board of Directors. We were launching a new product & we thought that it would be nice if you could help us promote it. Since animation is being very popular among people, we thought that if we advertise in that way, we can capture a greater market. So, I was hoping if you could help us bring our product to the larger mass.”

                Grasping for a while, he came back to his professional mode, “Thank you sir. It’s an honor for me and my company to be in association with such a multinational company. Could you please brief me about your product & define your target market so that, I can start my work on it.”

                “For that Mr. Hwang, our Marketing Manager, will do you the briefing. So, when can we expect the final outcome?”, Mr. Kim asked.

                “First, I will bring you the draft. If you are satisfied with that then, we will proceed forward. Once again, thank you for trusting us.”

                When he was out of the office, he could not hold in his emotions.

                He dialed the number, “H…Hello, can we meet right now. I will be waiting for you at Paradise café.”

                After waiting like forever, the person arrived. He immediately jumped forward & hugged him, “Hyung!!! You can’t believe what happened today!!!”

                At phone, Sunggyu was worried that something might have happened to his brother but now seeing him super excited he hugged him back. Chuckling a little, he said, “Sit down first & tell me what’s the matter.”

                “Hyung..hyung, today dad called me at his office….

                “What?? Why?? You have not done anything improper lately….

                “It’s not like that hyung. I also thought the same when I got the call. But he called me to have a business deal. They are going to launch a new product & he wants me…hyung…ME… to design the commercial for that. Can you believe it!!! He always used to feel ashamed to introduce me to his business partners or anyone, but today he introduced me to all of the Board of Directors!!! I finally became able to make him proud hyung!!!”, Myungsoo explained with full excitement.

                Seeing his little brother so happy, Sunggyu himself was over-whelmed. It had been so long that he had been this happy. “Wow~~it’s a great news!!! Since me & Sungyeol are focusing in our Korean activities, our father wanted to give a little push-up in Japan. They were planning on reaching out to Japanese teenager market, but I had no idea he would choose you for the task. I am so happy for you, Myungie.”

                “Yah, hyung, don’t call me that. Only my Sungyeolie can call me Myungie~~ he is the one who made this possible. If he had not come in my life, I would still be roaming around the club, wasting my time. My life is meaningless without him. I am so grateful towards him.”

                “Just grateful??^^ Don’t you love him, Myungsoo?”, Sunggyu asked irritated. Because he knew Sungyeol was always insecure about Myungsoo’s feeling towards him. Sungyeol loved Myungsoo with his whole heart but he was not sure if Myungsoo felt the same way. He didn’t want such an innocent and  kind kid to suffer a lot.

                “I…I love him a lot”, Myungsoo said putting his heads down.

                Sunggyu was really up to his limit now, “THEN WHY DON’T YOU EXPRESS YOUR FEELING TO HIM.”

                “I am afraid hyung. I have been a jerk to him from the beginning. I don’t know if he loves me back or is he just fulfilling his duty as a good spouse. I am afraid of being rejected”, Myungsoo confessed.

                “Are you stupid or something. Don’t you see how much he treasures you? Do you think he supported you only as a spouse and nothing else? Can’t you see the love in his eyes for you? I thought that I was the stupid one to not see Woohyun’s love for me. But, you are more stupid than me. He loves you with all his heart & you still have doubts!!! Go, confess him you phabo. He deserves every happiness & love.”

                Myungsoo was so grateful to his hyung for enlightening him & boosting his confidence. But, “Hyung, you need to help me with something.”

 

 


 

                When Sungyeol woke up in the morning, he didn’t find Myungsoo in the room instead he found a note mentioning, “24HOURS RESTAURANT-7 pm.”

                Though it was not mentioned who left the note, it was clear that it was Myungsoo since who else would leave such note on their bed-side table. Just seeing the note, made him giggle like a teenage girl going for her first dating.

                He was eagerly waiting for the moment. Whole day, he had a cheerful smile plastered onto his face but in the evening when he was getting ready for the event, he felt like his whole closet is a compilation of pieces of junk, he could not find a decent dress to wear. Finally, with a little help of Sunggyu, he wore a white suit, with a black bow-tie. Even though, he had pestered that it would just be a dinner, but still Sunggyu insisted him on wearing a suit. And, there was Woohyun, who styled him from head-to –toe. Its good that Woogyu got together, but sometimes it felt like it was not so good idea to match them up since he had to endure the greasiness dropping from Woohyun a lot now.

                After the entire preparation, he was finally ready at around 6:30 pm. When he reached the place, a smartly dresses guy came & greeted, “Mr. Kim Sungyeol-sshi!! Mr. Kim has asked you to be on the roof top. Enjoy your date.” 

                By listening the word “date”, Sungyeol was little flustered so, with a quick “Khamsamnida”, he made his way to the rooftop. When he reached there, it was so dark. There was not a single light, he felt creepy. He was confused, so he was about to retract when suddenly, the lights started to glow one by one. Following the lights, at the other end of the rooftop, he saw Myungsoo sitting in a chair holding a guitar. Sungyeol felt his heart beating at super fast speed. There was Myungsoo in a black suit with a white bow-tie flashing his dimple smile. Then slowly he picked up his guitar & started to sing:

I should’ve said it first but
Finally, I am sitting across from you
Talking about things that only we understanding
And finally getting ready to say it – you must hate me

I can’t forget those lips that called my name for the first time
The twinkling eyes that only looked at me
I’ll be better, I’ll say it more
I’ll love you more

We walked here together, we cried together
You’re the only one that I could never forget
I will never be alone with you

Do you remember our awkward, first encounter?
But now it’s awkward without you
Like an oldtime habit, I look for you first
And you are always there

We walked here together, we cried together
You’re the only one that I could never forget (just you)

Though I get weak sometimes and go to you
Will you understand me without a word?

Good days and bad days will come
But the only person I think of is you

I’ve thought about this before
You and me, together in the far away future

Good days and bad days will come
But the only person I think of is you

I’ve thought about this before
You and me, together in the far away future

I’ve thought about this before
You and me, together in the far away future

(A/N: INFINITE - TOGETHER)

 

By the end if the song, tears were falling down non-stop from the beautiful doe eyes of Sungyeol.

“I love you Sungyeol. Do you wish to be with me together in the far away future?”, Myungsoo proposed with necklace of Infinty sign.

During the song, Sunggyu, Woohyun, Dongwoo, Hoya, Sungjong, Myungsoo’s family & Sungyeol’s family had slowly made their appearance. Now, when Myungsoo made the proposal, everyone was expectantly looking at him. He felt like he was re-marrying Myungsoo.

Controlling his over-whelming feeling, he replied, “YES!!! I want us to be together forever.”

There was a large applaud from all. Myungsoo put on the necklace in Sungyeol’s neck. It was so beautiful with diamond engraved in it.

“Thank you Myungsoo for everything. It’s so beautiful.”

“You are the most beautiful Yeollie. Thanks for coming into my life. And, sorry for not showing my feeling before only. I am who I am today due to you”, Myungsoo confessed.

“No, Myungsoo, you got here due to your ability. This is the happiest day of my life. Thank you for preparing this wonderful event.”

With this they kissed deeply. It was full of emotions like they were pouring all their heart & showing their love to each other. With the cheering they heard around, they parted from each other fully flustered. All of them congratulated the couple & wished for their happy future. The delicious meal, cool atmosphere with a marvelous view at the backdrop, everyone really enjoyed the moment. 

 


 

A/N: Woah~~~Finally the story ended with a happy note :)  I really have a deep love for the rooftop view and Myungyeol, so, I made the venue over there for the most romantic secnario :v 

Thanks to all those who subscribed, commented & upvoted the story. Also thanks to all the silent readers. You guys are awesome. You gave me the greatest strength to carry on in the days when I was down.  I hope you enjoyed the story. Please let me know how you felt about it through your comments~~ Hope to meet you again in next story~~annyeong!!!!!

Myungyeol saranghae ♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡