CHAPTER 1

Opposite Attracts

Sungyeol has a perfect life with good parents, loving small brother, Sungjong and caring friends, Dongwoo and Woohyun. He is heir of LEE corporation and a filial child of his parents.

He is enjoying his weekend with his friends. At that time,he receives a call from his mom to get to the office immediately because they have to discuss something very important.

He is very surprised by the call but none the less hurries to the company. When he reaches there, he sees both of his parents in panic.

“Umma, appa, what’s wrong?”, Sungyeol asked curiously.

Mr. Lee said in a panicked but calm voice, “My child, our factory at Brazil caught fire. That was our biggest channel for income. Our huge asset is gone, but more than that……….”

“Many of our employees died in the fire. We are really sad that we lost our property. But we are more worried for the grief stricken families”,Mrs. Lee finished the sentence for her husband.

“What? People were dead there?”, Sungyeol asked feeling concerned.

“Yes…a lot..”, Mr. Lee said, voice barely audible.

Sungyeol really wanted to help his parents in this situation. So, he asked, “Can I go over there to take care of the incident?”

His parents felt very proud of their son. Mr. Lee said, “Sungyeol ah, its not a situation we can handle.” He exchanged a worried expression with his wife.

Noticing this, Sungyeol asked, “Has something more worst occurred?”

Mrs. Lee took her son’s hand and gently patted it. She couldn’t utter a word.

Mr. Lee had to be strong right now. So, he continued the remaining story. “Son, I know this is ridiculous but…our branch in Philippines was heavily destructed by the flood recently. Our Japan branch also suffered loss this year. (sighs) Problems are coming one after another.”

Sungyeol was processing the new information slowly. “Why didn’t you tell us anything about this. I could be of no help to my parents in need”, Sungyeol said just staring at the ground.

Mr. Lee then said, ‘Actually, Yeol ah, you are the only one who could help us right now.”

Seeing the confused look in Yeol’s face, he contuined, “Son, please forgive us for our selfishness.”

Mrs. Lee was simply rubbing her son’s hand. She could not see Yeol in the eye.

Knowing the thing had to be told anyhow, he continued, “Yeol ah, our dear son, we have arranged your marriage with the heir of Kim Corporation. Tomorrow the Kim family are coming to formally ask for you.”

Sungyeol could not believe what he was listening.

“….’, Sungyeol tried to speak something, but couldn’t form any word.

Mrs. Lee finally spoke, “We are so sorry. We took the biggest decision for your life without your consent. Kim family and we have been friends since a long time. And, they are ready to help us and have partnership with our company. Moreover, I think Myungsoo is a good boy, you two will make a good couple.”

Sungyeol knew that marrying Myungsoo is the biggest nightmare. From outside, he is handsome, smart and rich but his inner self is devil. He spends almost all his time in bar, with girls. He doesn’t pity anyone and his words are more piercing than a sword. Only thinking about that boy brings shiver in him. But he really wanted to help his parents. So, he just said, “Ok.”

Mr. & Mrs. Lee were so worried that Yeol would reject. Listening their son’s agreement, they were so happy. They hugged him tightly. “I know Myungsoo will keep you happy my child.”

He knew that it’s not true. But he didn’t want to disappoint his parents. He was just happy that he could be of some help to his parents. Between the hug, he thought that, “I’m ready to accept any decision of my parents if it will make them happy.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Myungsoo was surprised why his parents asked to have dinner together. He didn’t want to miss his party but since they were so stern this time, he had to comply with it.

Now, he was at the dinner table with his parents, and brother, Sunggyu. They ate in silence, only the source of sound was that of forks and spoons and some chatter of Sunggyu admiring the food and the ambience of the restaurant.

After dinner Mr. Kim said, “Myungsoo, be prepared for tomorrow. We are going to Lee household to ask their son for you.”

“WHAT?”, Myungsoo knew that family gathering meant something serious. But he had not thought this would go so far.

Angrily, he barked, “Nobody can make decisions for me, it’s my life.”

Seeing such behavior of Myungsoo, his parents were so frustrated. Mr. Kim said annoyingly, “We have had enough of you Myungsoo. You never showed any interest in the company. Though we wished that both of our sons could help us to run our business, we never compelled you. And, for our love what have you returned? You have only caused trouble Soo. We let you do everything on your will. But, you have to listen to us this time.”

“And what if I don’t?”, asked Myungsoo totally annoyed.

“All your cards will be seized, and you will have to assist Sunggyu in the new project from tomorrow.”

“You can’t do that to your own son”, yelled Myungsoo.

Mrs. Kim smirked and said, “Yes, we can, son. I hope after marriage, you will be responsible and  take life seriously. Sungyeol is a good kid. I believe he can bring some senses in you.”

“Not in a million year. But, anyway, I’m ready for marriage”, Myungsoo didn’t like the idea but he can’t imagine to work in the office. And, by analyzing the few times they have met, he is sure that even if he marries that tall freak, he can still have his freedom.

Myungsoo’s parents felt sorry for Sungyeol, for putting him together with their son, but they also wanted someone who could change their son for good.

 

 

 

A/N: Annyeong!! How did you feel the first chapter? ^^ I hope you are not disappointed in me. Please give your comment~~ (puppy please)!!