Chapter 8

The Last One

 

Chapter 8

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I guess the presence of Hyerim and I have cast Yoochun in disarray. I know that he is aware that I am in this house, but I guess that he is not aware that I was watching him the whole time. Though I have not spoken to him for close to 2 years but I seem to know everything that is going on. I can’t help but feel a sense of relieve the maybe nothing has changed.

 

Then, Hyerim asked me, “ What’s wrong with Yoochun? Seem like there is something more than just brotherhood.” Hearing that, I just placed my drink down, the thought that I could still read his mind got thrown out of the window. Apparently it was obvious enough. A sudden thought that course through, maybe we were not meant to be a group. The moment that we were formed, we were doomed to split.

 

I felt Hyerim’s touch and quickly worked to adjust my facial features, not wanting her to ask or to read too much. She was much too smart for her own good and definitely not for mine. Whatever that she was always so close to finding out might break her. Not now, not when I have just reclused and am waiting for the arrival of my own baby.

 

Looking up, I realized that her touch was not what I thought it was. But it was just a touch informing me that guests are here and I should stand to greet them.

 

Yoochun’s POV

 

I am just so confused. Is my mind too slow, on its course to regression or that my Junsu has gotten smarter? This is just a cruel joke; I could feel the hot tears stinging my eyes. I saw Junsu’s hardened expression I knew that my tears could not buy me out of this situation and soften his heart this time round.

 

I managed to spurt out, with the little dignity that I could still muster, “ When did all these happen? I thought that we were just having a cooling period. When did I say that it was a breakup?” I lost control at the end and the volume of my voice got louder.

 

All I saw through my misty eyes was him pushing my hands away and whispering, “ Maybe this is what it means by growing up. Grow up Yoochun, and respect the next person, no one will tolerate being tossed aside as and when you want.”

 

With that, he left to set the table. When did all these happen, what happened to all the promises of eternity that we had made to each other? I can’t fathom it at all I have never been the bigger person in any argument but this time, I chose to stay silent and not act like a crazy lover. For now, I told myself as I stepped out of the corner and put on the façade. I am in a serious need of a drink, as I made my way to the kitchen.  

 

Junsu’s POV

 

I spotted Yoochun ransacking the refrigerator for alcohol from my peripheral vision. I walked towards him and said, “ There is no alcohol in this house anymore, Jaejoong hyung hasn’t been home in a long time. Jiyeon and I don’t drink too… Maybe you can get Changmin to get it for you on their way here.”

 

On a normal day, I will not plant the idea of getting alcohol in his head but today is the exception. I expected him to slam the doors close and maybe give me a slap but all he did was to close the door with nothing more than a thud, stood straight up, took a deep breath and muttered a thanks. I guess I have always underestimated him, he could hold his anger; I guess this is good, he will grow up.

 

Our relationship is different, very much different from Yunho Hyung and Jaejoong hyung’s relationship. Theirs was more like fireworks. It was glamorous, it shone for all to see but without it, the contrast was that great. For Yoochun and I, I guess it was the same as any other couple, except that he does not really like to be tied down in a relationship.

 

At first, like anyone that got accepted by the person they like, they thought that they would be able to tolerate any and everything cause they love the person. But I guess each and every one of us will have a certain expectation of their lover and when many a times that it cannot be met, sparks dwindle and letting go becomes my reality. I gave Yoochun many chances but fate is not on our side I would say that.

 

Since I have ended everything with Yoochun, I just have one more person to account to. A sigh escaped my lips when a tight squeeze on my shoulders resulted in a yelp escaping too. I looked up and caught the fiery death stare of Changmin. And I knew then that I have screwed up big time.

 

Changmin’s POV

 

I think no one in the whole can understand or ever experience the immense contrasting emotions that I have felt within such a short span of time. In a week’s time, I have felt utter despair to literally jumping with joy when Jaejoong finally wanted to try things out with me, that emotion; I shall come to it shortly. And now, I have never felt so much anger just directed at an individual, the fingers that rest on his shoulders are curling and I fear that I may accidentally crush them.

 

He turned around and I saw fear in his eyes and the fear was real and it ran deep. I felt the slight tremble in his body and saw his Adam apple bobbed up and down. I clenched my teeth and said, “ Junsu Hyung,” with so much anger that he just continued starring at me wide eyed.

 

I guess my anger must have clouded my judgment. I must really thank Yoochun Hyung for coming up to me, removed my hands from his shoulders and told me that he had already reprimanded Junsu about it. All that I left for Junsu hyung was a curt nod and I took a step back. I saw Junsu shuddered and he calmed down a little.

 

Then I heard Yoochun Hyung telling him, “ Hopefully nothing goes wrong tonight. If only you knew. This is nothing but a fool’s mistake.” With that, he waved a hand at me, motioning that I should head over to accompany my Jae now.

 

I managed to catch Junsu Hyung’s teary eyes and he mouthed a sorry. This made me feel so bad of my actions just now, how badly I reacted. I didn’t mean to do that to my hyung that only wants the best for me, shielding my secrets for me. Just that when it comes to my Jae, nothing matters nor stands in my way. With much conviction, I started looking for Jaejoong.

 

-To be Continued-