Chapter 3

The Last One

This will be a slightly longer chapter! There will be 4 characters POV! Enjoy:)

Hyerim’s POV

 

Something has changed. I cant really put a finger to it but I am very sure that it is different. The difference lying in that Yunho has been much more attentive. I am definitely not complaining but the greatest change is that he has started to say ‘I love you’ much more often. Whenever I am preparing food in the kitchen, my greatest reward would be a tight hug from the back and pecks on my cheeks.

 

Me getting married to Yunho came as a shock to everyone, including myself. How should I put it, there is nothing wrong with us being together or spending the rest of our lives together, but its just that it is not those kind of love that sparks flies and the emotion is overwhelming. I will like to believe that this is not our first love and we are no longer teenagers. Mature adults should love in a different way I guess…

 

Pulling my hair into a ponytail, clipping on my earrings and checking one last time that my make up is perfect then I stepped out of the bedroom as Jung Yunho’s wife.

 

Stepping into the living room, I saw my husband all dressed but he has the present in his lap and was fiddling with it. When he spotted me, he looked at me with sadness in his eyes, and then the emotions disappeared as quickly as they appeared. He got to his feet, buttoned up his suit and proceeds to take my hand.

 

On our way out, I realized that we forgot to get the present. He made no move to get it, just saying, “ Oh yes, we must not forget the present.” Then proceeded to the garage to start the car.

 

“Weird, weird,” I muttered to myself as I headed for the door.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

A year has passed; there have been so many changes in my life. I got married, changed my house, and changed my car and loss Jaejoong. I have learnt to tune him out of my mind. I poured all my feelings in Hyerim till the extent that I will sometimes tell her what I want to say to Jaejoong.

 

After parking the car, I checked my phone to see a text from Changmin, “ Hyung, he is waiting for you.”

 

I took a deep breath and walked to the back yard where the party was held. The first person I bumped into was Yoochun. He was on his way out and we just briefly exchanged glances. I had never felt so distant from him, even those years that we were separated. He just motioned and gave a curt nod as a form of acknowledgment. Those feelings and judgment that he had, I do not wish to decipher.

 

A big sign ‘Happy Birthday Woo Hyun’ caught my attention. The whole concept of the party was sleek and elegant. Nothing like what one would decorate for a child’s first birthday. This was more like a place for the adults to mingle and get business contact. Definitely not Jaejoong’s idea, I thought to myself. However, there again, how much he has changed I do not know now.

 

He caught my eye, never did I expect that 15 years of being together with this man will never make me be used to his grandeur. I stood there and noticed him for a moment. I concluded, beneath all the grandeur, he is breaking. A tug from Hyerim and a questioning look made me inch towards the man that I love.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

Jung Yunho is here. I knew it from the moment that he stepped in as Yoochun had kindly sent me a text. As he moved closer to me, I kept chanting to myself, “He chose her, he love her, and he gave you up.” I felt myself sinking into the hole again when a touch on my lower back got me back to reality. It was Changmin.

 

It was as though he felt the emotions that were coursing through my body. He went forward to greet Yunho and I silently thanked him for I needed time to recollect my thoughts and emotion.

 

I stood up and reached out to Yunho, shaking his and his wife’s hands, I saw his piercing gaze and looked away. Never will I do such a humiliating thing like running back into his arms. I reminded myself. A wail broke our eye contact. Being the hyperactive 1 year old that he is, Woohyun does not like being confined on a highchair. A gentle push from Changmin got me to where I am supposes to be headed.

 

I started walking towards my child. Seeing him cry, my heart goes out to him. Watching Jiyeon trying to comfort him, I tried to do the same. Jiyeon now knows better that to try to pass Woohyun to me. I can’t even look at the child’s face, not when Yunho is in such close proximity.

 

The presence of the child now is one of mockery. Mocking me for trying to beat the system, for overestimating Yunho’s love for me.

 

This past year has not been easy for Jiyeon or me. We have gone through many sleepless nights due to the child crying. But I will just lie in bed, not moving and Jiyeon will be the one that pacifies him.

 

Sometimes I will feel guilty towards that child but I just can’t bring myself to love him. His room is flooded with toys and clothes that are all bought by me. But I am unable to carry him, to show him my affection. I will always be reminded of the hurt that Yunho has inflicted on me. Just like a I am now, just gaping at my child while he was reaching out for me.

 

Junsu’s POV

 

“Hyung is being an idiot again,” I muttered to myself as I made a move to carry Woohyun. That cutie just looked at me with those big doe eyes and then his chubby cheeks were upturned as he broke into a smile. I looked over to Jiyeon and saw her looking at Jae Hyung and gave a sigh.

 

For the past one year, it has always been like that. I always see the struggle on Hyung’s face but there again, a child is a child and moreover, it is his child! I chided Hyung in my head while I coaxed the baby.

 

I caught the guilty look and concluded that Jae Hyung must be dying to be in my position now. He was so helpless that he just left to get Jiyeon a drink. I am always coming to his rescue, always claiming that I just love to carry the baby. Yes, I love to carry Woohyun but not when there is Yunho Hyung’s piercing gaze at me. It was so awkward that I can only return it with a weak smile and look away. It felt as though he could see the truth and piece everything together. That itself would be disaster.

 

“Stop looking at him and giving him a guilty face,” The sudden words from Yoochun gave me a scare.

 

I gave him a disapproving look and turned away when he continued, “He should be the one feeling guilty when he is the one pushing Jaejoong into the arms of…” I did not let him continue as I gave a yelp and told him to keep quiet.

 

There are some things that should never be brought up in public events and this for one, I am sure is high on the list of never to mention.

 

Yoochun just raised his brows, I do not know in annoyance or in amusement. He just stood there, sipping his wine calmly and said, “None of this should have happened. We are responsible, not all, but partly.” With that, he just left and I couldn’t help but agree.

-To be Continued-

Tell me what you think of the story and if the whole change in POV thing is getting confusing. Thank you^^