Chapter 10

The Last One

Yunho’s POV

 

“Jae, Jae, Kim Jaejoong!” Yoochun’s urgent voice broke the silence. Jaejoong’s head snapped towards his direction. Catching Jaejoong’s attention, Yoochun continued, “ Changmin has left.”

 

I saw the horror on his face as he attempted to chase after Changmin. Then, everything started falling into place. I grabbed his arm, turning him around. I wanted to see his face when he admitted it. “You and Changmin… Changmin. Are you together?” My voice didn’t sound like my own when I spoke of it.

 

Hearing him admit it, my heart just broke into a thousand pieces. The betrayal that I felt, he was my brother, my younger brother whom I had asked to take care of the man that I love. And now, they are together. Nothing gets worse than it. I was still clenching tightly onto Jae’s arms when Yoochun came over to pry those fingers off his best friend. With that, Jae just mutter a sorry and he was out of the door.

 

I looked at Yoochun, willing him to explain everything to me. All I got in response was a pat on my back and a soft 'I know' before he too was out of the door. I could not understand, does that mean that I no longer have Jae’s heart. Not that I had any grand plan before this to get back together with him but I, the selfish me always thought that I will have Jae’s unconditional love. Now that he has moved on, I just can’t accept it.

 

Jiyeon’s POV

 

Straining my ears to hear any more commotion, I think I heard none other that two cars driving out of the driveway and then silence. I must be thankful I managed to convince Hyerim that Woohyun needed a quick wash and got her to follow me so that I could show her the creams that I use. She doesn’t seem that must concerned other than snapping pictures of the products and playing with Woohyun. As I look at her, I wondered what if she ever knew that Yunho hyung has never loved her or that she was just a replacement for the life that he can never have with a man.

 

Ironic isn’t it, I was in her position too and I did everything willingly. Looking back, I guess there was a part of me that loved Jae and hoped that everything could work out, but that was wishful thinking on my part. I am glad that we have both moved on but I feel that he should seriously settle all this mess so that I can at least give Woohyun a more normal childhood. As much as I can see, I think that things are very straightforward and all the drama is in his head. Yeah, I guess it is time for me to talk to him and to set my foot down.

 

Junsu’s POV

 

I know that I am supposed to be happy that Yunho hyung and Yoochun have been sitting in the living room politely. But this has been going on for three consecutive days and I think I am really going crazy. Omo. The first day, I was ecstatic when I opened the door to Yoochun, glad that he was not running away from the major problem in his life, which I guess is both Jiyeon and I. Then while he was playing with Woohyun, Yunho Hyung appeared. Before I could even ask him if he wanted a drink, Yoochun came out and told him straight in his face that whoever he was looking for was not here. At that moment, I swear that I was so fearful that the volcano would erupt. Yunho Hyung will typically let us get away with anything but not when Yoochun is obviously picking a fight with him and being downright rude. I saw Yunho Hyung trying to control his anger by clenching his jaws and gave a nod instead, acknowledging Yoochun’s transmission of information. All I could do was to watch helplessly as both of them sat in the living room in silence. And it was the beginning, after which, both men refused to leave the compound till the moon was up.

 

The second day, I was not as ecstatic I would say. The third day, I just can’t be bothered with either of them as I am resigned to my fate. “Junsu, I can’t help but wonder why are you always in Jae’s house?”

 

It totally slipped my mind that though Yunho hyung now knows about Jae hyung and Changminnie but he doesn’t know about Jiyeon and I. Not knowing what to say, my mouth just opened and closed like a goldfish. I looked to Yoochun with pleading eyes, hoping that his mind is quicker than mine and that he would have thought of something. But I saw hurt in his eyes. Right, I can’t expect so much from Yoochun, not when I am his greatest problem. Okay, maybe second greatest, since the current greatest should be the man that is asking such weird questions.

 

With our total lack of response, Yunho hyung muttered, “Maybe I really do not need to know what other screwed up relationships you all have…” Though I was utterly shocked with what I heard, I immediately shut my eyes, know that there was no turning back.

 

Yoochun’s POV

 

What a dumb question is that. Isn’t it obvious that Junsu has something on with Jiyeon, since Changmin is together with Jae? I caught Junsu looking so flabbergasted willing for me to save him from the awkwardness. I seriously have no idea why do Changmin and Junsu still hold him in such high regards. Don’t they see the hurt that he has inflicted on Jae time and again? Deciding to keep peace in the house, I didn’t not make any move to comment. Of course all of us knew where Changmin and Jae were. We had to respect Changmin’s wishes when he mentioned that he did not want Yunho to know their whereabouts. I looked towards Jae for confirmation and he just looked away.

 

And then I heard something from the Jung’s mouth… I leaped to my feet immediately. I think he was expecting me to punch him thus he too got up. “Don’t be so selfish Jung Yunho! You have no idea the pain Jae had to go through because of you! And now you are still thinking about yourself, you selfish bastard!”

 

“I admit that I am selfish. I am here for 3 days because I wanted to talk to Jae. I realized that nothing good has come out from not talking to him. There are too many miscommunications. I just need to speak to him Yoochun-ah.” Seeing his sincere eyes, I just sat back down on the sofa.

 

I have no idea what to say. Willing myself to think of Jae’s happiness and asking myself did Changmin and I gotten ourselves too involved in their relationship? Deciding that all was fair game, I told him that he still has Jae’s number; he should give him a call or text. After which, I got out of the seat and headed towards the door. I am really washing my hands off them.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

“Jae, this is Yunho… I know I am in no position to… I am sorry… I just need to meet you, to see you. Please call me back.” This was the fifth voice message I have left him. Not counting the many more text messages. I knew that I needed to speak to him badly, but I have no idea what to say to him even if we were to meet? Should I go like I am sorry for being a selfish idiot but I sincerely hope that you can continue loving me while we both acted like happily married men to the world? Groaning loudly, not approving the internal speech that I had made. I actually kind of want to punch that Jung Yunho. Sighing once again, I knew deep down, my competitive nature has been stirred. And maybe I really missed him.

 

Oh god I really need someone here right now to punch me to my senses.

 

Changmin’s POV

 

I could not make out anything with the darkness that was far reaching. Only sounds of the waves lapping the sand. Sitting in the balcony, I made sure to close the sliding door behind me for fear of Jae catching a cold in the cool Jeju night. Puffing away on the cigarette, I snickered and muttered, “What do you exactly want?” I admit that I acted like a jealous lover when I read all of Yunho hyung’s messages to him including all the voice messages. I think it must be the heart saved beside his name in his contacts. The heart beside mine was missing, I checked.

 

A wedding band has sealed the deal between Jae and I, all those insecurities and jealousy should have been sealed with it too. But it was baring its angry fangs at me now. Yunho Hyung and Jae too had many couple rings…

 

I must have been too caught up in my own thoughts that I did not notice him till I felt his arms engulfing me from the back. Tilting my head towards him, I laughed. What a silly man, bringing the blanket out too. Wouldn't it be soiled now? He took his place in the chair beside mine, leaving the blanket dangling on my shoulders. His phone on the table must have caught his eyes as he made a move to reach out for it. “You’ve read all my messages?” I think he tried his hardest to remove all emotions from his voice.

 

Taking another puff on my cigarette, I mentioned I did not read through everything, just those that he’s sent. My eyes burning holes in his face as I do not want to miss any emotion that might flicker on his face. My Jae was well known for being an open book. I saw him going back to those conversations that have previously been read by me. Before he is done, I threw in that I too heard the voice messages that he has left. Casually mentioning that the content was similar to the messages.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

If he were one of my buddies, my fist would have landed on his face. Many would know how important my phone was to me. Being close to me does not mean that they have full access to my personal items. Instead, I would have expected them to understand the boundaries. I was seething red but I think Changmin could not see it, not when it was that dark. Not knowing if flaring out at him then would be equivalent to me discarding our newfound status. I understand that Changmin is still touchy about all things Yunho thus I clamped my mouth shut. Picking up my phone, I told Yunho that I would meet him when I am back in Seoul. Sneaking a peek at Changmin while I sent the text, he was just absorbed in his own thought, staring into space. It was at times like this that I wondered if I had held Changmin’s hand and walked him into the path of destruction while promising him my love.

 

I hope that everyone can understand, understand my selfish heart. For it loves that many people.

-To be Continued-