Chapter 1

The Last One

Jiyeon’s POV

 

Seeing him pace around the room, I do not know if he is nervous about being a father in a mere matter of hours or it is due to Yunho suddenly not picking up any of his calls. As the pain wrecks through my body again, he rushes over to my side and my hair, whispering that everything will be over soon and if I needed more painkillers. I shook my head weakly and asked him, “ Is Yunho oppa not picking up his phone, what is happening?”

 

I saw as the emotions splayed across his face. The emotion that eventually settled on his face is one of nonchalance. He shrugged his shoulders as he got on his feet and turned around to fiddle with his phone again. I know that he has been trying his hardest to get in contact with his lover since the contractions first started, wanting to tell him the good news of the arrival of the baby.

 

Even though I know how deep their love is and the span of time that they had been together but I am starting to see him waver. His trust in Yunho is starting to collapse at every unanswered phone call. He is starting to believe the rumor that have been circulating of Yunho going to marry his girlfriend of 1 years, Lee Hyerim.

 

On the surface, we may appear to be 2 normal couples but beneath all that façade, lies the dark and disgusting truth that many would reel away in horror. My love of my husband, Kim Jaejoong, is not that one of the love of a spouse. Whereas it is the love for an older brother.

 

After getting into a relationship for a while in our younger days, we realized that we couldn’t go beyond the love for a sibling. We love each other and care for one another but we were not in love with each other. He is madly in love with Yunho and the time that we got together was during one of their many breakups. With the added pressure thrown in from his aged parents, we decided to get married and have a child so as to appease his parents. This could also fulfill Yunho’s dream of being a father. Yunho has never stated his real thoughts about this plan, thus Jaejoong assumed that it was a good idea and went ahead with it.

 

When Yunho has gotten himself a very capable girlfriend, I could feel the hurt coursing through his body. Everyone who knew of this plan knows how much Jaejoong loves Yunho and nothing will be able to change that fact. However, this may not be the case for Yunho as he seems a little distant as his relationship with Hyerim becomes more stable.

 

I shut my eyes as the pain snapped me out of my thoughts of how I got to this stage of my life. A groan escaped my lips as I clenched onto my stomach. Jaejoong was still staring into space. I told him, “ Oppa, get the doctor please,” broke him out of his trance and sent him frantically out of the room.

 

Only now did I fully understand the full scale of things and fear what may happen next. Just hoping for the best.

 

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I am just so confused now. I am just moments from getting out of the ward, rush over to Yunho’s house and pound on the door. He knew that the baby was coming anytime soon and promised that he will pick up all of my calls. For the whole day, my calls and messages went unanswered.

 

I fear for the worst, that this is the factor that will push Yunho permanently out of my life. I am not ready for that, I had imagined that we would still be together even though we both will be leading double lives. As this is what society needs us to be. I can understand that Yunho needs a girlfriend but what is with the rumor that he is going to get married? This fear struck deep. The fear that he wanting normalcy and to fulfill that, he will need to cast me out of his life.

 

I felt so lost with all these thoughts till I heard Jiyeon whispering. Seeing her in this state, while her hair and comforting her, I feel so apologetic towards her. Though I know that she does not see me and love me in the way of a lover but I cannot help but see the full extent of my selfishness.

 

Due to me being selfish, I robbed her of seeking the love that she deserves. I was also being unfair to Yunho. I suddenly felt that everything was not supposed to be like that but there was no way to turn back time. I felt like a wreck.

 

Her cry for help snapped me out of my thoughts as I propelled out of the room in no time, in search of the doctor. All I could think of now is that I am going to be a father.